Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #1711
jennymac75
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have any experience with ebayer olivebranchwoodworking? I'm trying to purchase some individual pins for DS4. We are traveling to the world in October for his first trip. I realize there is a chance he will trade for some scrappers, but really would like to start out with legitimate pins.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #1712
mom2ohc
Earning My Ears

Question

hello!!

I am new to pin trading and have been reading this thread for days!!

I had a bad experience with one seller - domimgood - fakes, cheapies, and annoying etc.. bought two lots too, dummie me!!

but.. was wondering about this seller:

disneypinsandvinylmation

I am looking for tinkerbell sets for my three daughters to have in my suitcase in case we don't get to trade for Tink while there oh, and I am also looking for a bunch to start out trading that are not junk like the ones that I got
mom2ohc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #1713
lindsey3uk
Earning My Ears

Just want to put put a warning about this particular ebay seller: irpliquidators.

Received a lot from them today which was shipped to us in the Uk from US. I am a beginner pin trader and even i can tell they are scrappers - YES they are that bad!! Tinny, VERY discoloured, rough around the edges, not one legit pin in the lot!!
lindsey3uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #1714
ksantilli
Mouseketeer

I just received my purchase of pins on ebay from kidd74069.

They are all scrappers. I emailed him asking if he could replace them with legitimate pins, and he said he didn't think he had anything that he could replace them with that would make me happy. I asked for a refund.

Just FYI
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #1715
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Does anyone have any information on the ebay seller sunanjs? I'm considering buying this lot of 50 Disney Trading Pins as I need some to trade in the parks since I don't want to really give away my two lanyards that I bought from the Disney Store since they are both LE Pins and Lanyards.

Also, I notice there are a few red flags including Pins being "100% Tradeable", they are sold in small bags, but there is a mention of pins being official.

I'm not a strict timeline, but would like some help please. If this is a no go, what are some good ebay sellers that have large lots?

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #1716
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Does anyone have any information on the ebay seller sunanjs? I'm considering buying this lot of 50 Disney Trading Pins as I need some to trade in the parks since I don't want to really give away my two lanyards that I bought from the Disney Store since they are both LE Pins and Lanyards.

Also, I notice there are a few red flags including Pins being "100% Tradeable", they are sold in small bags, but there is a mention of pins being official.

I'm not a strict timeline, but would like some help please. If this is a no go, what are some good ebay sellers that have large lots?

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!
All items will be shipped to USA by USPS only, which takes 8-15 days from China.

copied from the listing you linked, I wouldn't buy because based on that it appears they are shipping straight from China to you......these would be scrappers. Especially with the price currently at less than $30 for 50 pins! Unfortunately there aren't many legit sellers that list lots of pins, my best advice is to find a seller you trust and buy individual pins from them, or starter sets. That will give a good selection of pins and you won't need to trade your LE's.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #1717
spuds1142002
Earning My Ears

I ended up buying some from this seller: angelajuly

it was a lot of booster packs all new and sealed. so they seem legit (I am not an expert on them at all). so if anyone knows anything about that seller. but I found that was the best deal for me.
spuds1142002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #1718
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

I think angelajuly looks good, I can't say for 100% sure because I've never purchased from them, but their listings seem good.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #1719
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Just got 3 sets of 10 pins from monkabuda -- he says they were traded for in the parks by him and his sons (or her...). He offered discounted shipping with more than 1 set purchased. Pins were great, shipping was really quick, price was cheap. Only problem was they were packaged too well - took me nearly 20 minutes to get the 30 pins unwrapped (packed in bubble wrap, but it's like the wrap was glued together somehow).

I also bought 20 pins from 02playball -- they never posted a tracking number and didn't communicate in any way,so I didn't know they had been shipped until they arrived, not the biggest deal in the world. I have some suspicions about some of the pins because they're very light, but most of them seemed ok. Don't think I'd buy from this one again.

I'm taking a solo trip in 2 months -- I had thought I was done trading until this trip came up, and I had sold a lot of my pins at a time we needed the money -- now I really wish I hadn't sold them because the amount I got for them didn't really make a difference... oh well, I'll just have to start over!

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #1720
Pooh67_68
My head looked like a brillo pad
DH gave me roses ... just because :)
Someone please take pity on me, and send me a small piece of pecan pie

Just got a small lot (19 pins) from missflygirl909, they are fake and she refuses to take them back even with the proof that they are fake.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #1721
WhitDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh67_68 View Post
Just got a small lot (19 pins) from missflygirl909, they are fake and she refuses to take them back even with the proof that they are fake.
Don't stress, just report her to ebay. Ebay owns paypal and they will be sure you get your money back! They really protect buyers.

It doesn't appear she is a regular seller of pins - I really doubt she knew/understands they weren't real.

Regardless, you'll get your money back.

Last edited by WhitDisney; 04-13-2012 at 10:30 AM.
WhitDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #1722
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh67_68 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitDisney View Post
Don't stress, just report her to ebay. Ebay owns paypal and they will be sure you get your money back! They really protect buyers.

It doesn't appear she is a regular seller of pins - I really doubt she knew/understands they weren't real.

Yes, please report her to eBay, and dispute the payment on Paypal. Paypal almost always sides with the buyer, not the seller. Please be sure they are scrappers before reporting the seller but rest assured that eBay/Paypal have your best interests at heart. There are a lot of sellers who have no idea what scrappers are.....keep that in mind.

I just purchased some pins from Angelajuly for an upcoming trip, I will report on the authenticity of the pins once I receive them.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #1723
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

How do you know?

How do I know if a pin is real or fake?

If I try to go through all 1722 posts on this thread to figure it out, my eyes will fall out of my head. Is there a "Pin Trading for Dummies?"

I bought a pin on eBay. I think my niece will want to keep it, not trade it, so she'll be happy no matter what. But I don't want to give positive feedback on eBay if this seller's merchandise is not what it seems.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #1724
Pooh67_68
My head looked like a brillo pad
DH gave me roses ... just because :)
Someone please take pity on me, and send me a small piece of pecan pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitDisney View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Yes, please report her to eBay, and dispute the payment on Paypal. Paypal almost always sides with the buyer, not the seller. Please be sure they are scrappers before reporting the seller but rest assured that eBay/Paypal have your best interests at heart. There are a lot of sellers who have no idea what scrappers are.....keep that in mind.

I just purchased some pins from Angelajuly for an upcoming trip, I will report on the authenticity of the pins once I receive them.
Oh yes i did make sure they were fakes, also reported to eBay and received a refund today.

Thank you both.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #1725
JimityCricket
Earning My Ears

Disney pins

Wow had no idea about scrappers I've bought pins from people on the good questionable and the bad. i have to look through my tresured collections.

I have them in groups like Rides, resorts, villians, Ichabod and Mr Toad. and N.B.Christmas, and my pirate collection.
I guess I was too trusting because of positive feedback
JimityCricket is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: