Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #46
lshaw6
Mouseketeer

I'm here!!! Now you may proceed.... Oooh I love my minivan...my Disneymobile....so many Disney decals on it that my Ally is embarrassed to be seen in it! They are wonderful on trips. Yay for getting an early start! We made Ron watch the clip that Ellen posted a link to about the staterooms...he said he would love to do a cruise..."It looks like fun!" I think we may have him reeled in.

1974,1982,1993 offsite
Feb 2007 Caribbean Beach
April 2008 Saratoga Springs
Sept 2008 SOG, Polynesian
April 2009 POR, Yacht Club
Feb 2010 Polynesian
Jan 2011 POP, CSR, Wilderness Lodge
Dec 2011 CBR, CSR, Wilderness Lodge
June 2012 POP, Polynesian
July 2012 Contemporary
Oct 2012 POFQ, POR
Dec 2012 POR
lshaw6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #47
Im_A_Princess
PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

Location: Maryland ~893.52 miles from my FL home in Port Canaveral

Since we were on the same cruise can I just steal your report and change names and pictures?
Just kidding!
Looking forward to reading all of your report!
It was an AWESOME trip wasn't it?

-Chrissy 116 days onboard DCL and counting...)
Im_A_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #48
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Glad the ankle-biters were gone quickly and you could move your check in along! I feel bad for the parents...sounds like they had a rough start already!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #49
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Okay, I checked in on page 2, had some witty comments and everything. I'm really frustrated with the DIS, but it must be my connection - anyway, I'm in!
OMG no i had a comment on it also.. cuz I know i had some witty comments about Angelina... and Kathy Bates and mine is gone too

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Tammie, step away from the wine girlfriend!!!!
why would you utter such mean words Kara.. I thought I knew you better.. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]

As soon as Ally got called out of class and I saw her coming down the hall, I did what any responsible parent would do.....

I started jumping up and down and yelled, "hurry! we're going on a cruise!"
I would so do the same thing..

Then she walked outside and said, "What is THAT doing here?" when she saw Jeff's minivan. See, we just got a "new" car in December, and put a little work into it, got new tires, and were really excited to drive the "new" car to Florida. And we're McSparklesons. And it's a very McSparkly car.....
so what kind of car is the new car

"There she is." Meaning.... The Disney FANTASY!
was it like AHHHHH and the angels came down
Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #50
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Let the party begin or is it trip report? I am here now so lets join the fun
Old 04-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #51
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Great update. Thank goodness all the little ankle biters weren't put in the room right next to yours.

Is this cruise just the three of you are is the whole McSparkleson clan on board?

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #52
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

The only reason I am forgiving you for not posting any pictures in this instalment is because of the promise of photos of the Fantasy.

You must have been on the same cruise as our friends, Jules and Ian, from Wales. Did you meet them? They would have been in the bar
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #53
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Well, my color button is still broken, but at least I made it to the last page, and hopefully I am posting! Nice that Jeff could commandere a mini-van so your trip would not be interrupted!

Oh, maybe those ankle biters will be sailing on a Carnival ship! Nice on the corner room - I'll forgive you for no pics - this time.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #54
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBmom View Post
Can't wait to read along and remember with you
I love to remember! It's hard to forget... still get misty eyed when I look outside and see... home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Off to a good start. So what ended up being wrong with your car?
Well, we just got it into the shop on Thursday and they called yesterday to say that the computer told them it's a leak in the manifold. Jeff said that sounded bad but the guy said, "not really" so we are hoping for good news once they actually get in there and tear it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
ROFL.....I only hope that my mom sense of humor will be as sharp and witty as yours.
"mom sense of humor!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshaw6 View Post
I'm here!!! Now you may proceed.... Oooh I love my minivan...my Disneymobile....so many Disney decals on it that my Ally is embarrassed to be seen in it! They are wonderful on trips. Yay for getting an early start! We made Ron watch the clip that Ellen posted a link to about the staterooms...he said he would love to do a cruise..."It looks like fun!" I think we may have him reeled in.
I'll do some Ron fishin for you.... Just casually send him the link to this trippie.... we'll get him hooked for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_A_Princess View Post
Since we were on the same cruise can I just steal your report and change names and pictures?
Just kidding!
Looking forward to reading all of your report!
It was an AWESOME trip wasn't it?
And with some creative editing, go ahead and swap out the heads in the photos too!!!!

It was such an awesome trip that we rebooked a "dummy" cruise, but quickly converted it to NYE 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Glad the ankle-biters were gone quickly and you could move your check in along! I feel bad for the parents...sounds like they had a rough start already!
The parents looked exhausted. I'm thinking either long flights, or long days at WDW. I saw some kids with WDW buttons, so I can only assume they came from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OMG no i had a comment on it also.. cuz I know i had some witty comments about Angelina... and Kathy Bates and mine is gone too

why would you utter such mean words Kara.. I thought I knew you better.. LMAO

was it like AHHHHH and the angels came down
But of course you had some witty comments, I would expect nothing less from you, Drea!

I have the photos of the Fantasy. Sadly, you all know that angels don't show up in photos... but trust me. They were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Let the party begin or is it trip report? I am here now so lets join the fun
Well it's about time!!!! We've been waiting on you. Do you have any idea what time it is? Sheesh! I've been saving the photos for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Great update. Thank goodness all the little ankle biters weren't put in the room right next to yours.

Is this cruise just the three of you are is the whole McSparkleson clan on board?
Bite your tongue or I'll send Grumpy after you!!!! It was just the three of us... whew! Now NEXT spring break we invited the inlaws to join us..... We are booked on RCI's Freedom of the Seas with an awesome aft balcony. Really looking forward to that ship. And for sure I'll do a comparison of the two lines, ala nenner1 and anewmac...... But mine will be way cooler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
The only reason I am forgiving you for not posting any pictures in this instalment is because of the promise of photos of the Fantasy.

You must have been on the same cruise as our friends, Jules and Ian, from Wales. Did you meet them? They would have been in the bar
Jules and Ian! You know THE Jules and Ian????? What a small world!!! No, never met 'em.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Well, my color button is still broken, but at least I made it to the last page, and hopefully I am posting! Nice that Jeff could commandere a mini-van so your trip would not be interrupted!

Oh, maybe those ankle biters will be sailing on a Carnival ship! Nice on the corner room - I'll forgive you for no pics - this time.
The minivan is actually his company car. He had just had the oil changed the week before, and he had someone clean it really fast that day. We were lucky to have access to his car. The sad part is that we just had the "new" car in for inspection, making sure it was a keeper and not a lemon. Put a bit of money into it to get it running perfect, even put on new tires and she drove like a DREAM!!!! We had the option that Jeff could run it right back through the auction and we wouldn't lose a dime, if the mechanic found some major issues, but because they said everything looked good, we let them do some work, and decided to keep her. And here she is back in the shop....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #55
karajeboo

As promised!!! A FIRST LOOK at the Fantasy!

We just pulled into a space across the street from where she was docked. If you are familiar with the port, she was between Fishlips and Jetty Park. So really, she was the last thing you'd see before you made it out of the channel.

This was taken with my phone - too lazy to dig out my camera at almost 11pm.....

If you look real closely, you can see the angels....

It was quite cool to be able to see her like this. I'm guessing there was some function on board for local TA's or something.

But stay tuned for the ENTIRE youtube clip of the 4 minute horn battle as we left Port Canaveral!!!! Jeff couldn't figure out how to press play on the camcorder to get us being introduced, but he got all of the horn battle!!!!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #56
Kristina - Mom
Mouseketeer

Your trip report is great. We are going on the Disney Magic for the first time for our NYC/Canada cruise August 12th. I can't wait to see and read anything I can about the Magic. We did the Dream for a 3 night cruise last august - it was great but during the hurricane so no Castaway Cay for us.

Kristina
Kristina - Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #57
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you started your Cruise TR! Can't wait to hear all about it. I just love cruising although I have never been on DCL. I must remedy that sometime soon!

Sorry you had car trouble so close to leaving, thank goodness you had another car to drive. We had the "Check Engine Light" on in our car, it was actually off and on for a while, they said it wasn't a big deal so we waited, but we eventually did get it fixed and it was some valve that needed to be replaced.

That was crazy with all those kids in the lobby, lucky they were gone quick! Great pic of the Fantasy!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #58
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

McChuckling here

I don't think I've ever read anything quite as funny as your first introductory post on this trip report. Hanging on by the tips of my fingers for another update. Thanks for the chuckles.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #60
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina - Mom View Post
Your trip report is great. We are going on the Disney Magic for the first time for our NYC/Canada cruise August 12th. I can't wait to see and read anything I can about the Magic. We did the Dream for a 3 night cruise last august - it was great but during the hurricane so no Castaway Cay for us.

Kristina
We were the same way - just had to soak it all in before we left so we'd know all about it when we boarded. Trust me, you can't know it all and it will be so wonderful when you do board, that you'll forget everything you've read and just absorb it all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Glad to see you started your Cruise TR! Can't wait to hear all about it. I just love cruising although I have never been on DCL. I must remedy that sometime soon!

Sorry you had car trouble so close to leaving, thank goodness you had another car to drive. We had the "Check Engine Light" on in our car, it was actually off and on for a while, they said it wasn't a big deal so we waited, but we eventually did get it fixed and it was some valve that needed to be replaced.

That was crazy with all those kids in the lobby, lucky they were gone quick! Great pic of the Fantasy!
The message on the dashboard was weird - "proceed slowly" or something like that. I mean, really? It's just now in the shop, hoping to hear back today what this will cost us. I swear, cars are such a pain!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
I don't think I've ever read anything quite as funny as your first introductory post on this trip report. Hanging on by the tips of my fingers for another update. Thanks for the chuckles.
Well helloooooooo McChuckling!!!! Hold on tight because with the McSparklesons ANYTHING can happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
She's gorgeous!!!
Why thank you!!! That is so sweet of you to say, I mean, I did lose some weight before the cruise and I felt pretty good but.... oh, wait, you mean the ship? Yeah, she looks okay too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: