Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #1651
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
Better pack them in your checked luggage. Otherwise, explaining those at security could get interesting, lol!
LOL! It might work in carry on if the security agent had ever had a Lapu Lapu!

Last edited by crostorfer; 04-13-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #1652
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
I may pack a couple grapefruit spoons for that pineapple'y goodness
Quote:
Better pack them in your checked luggage. Otherwise, explaining those at security could get interesting, lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
LOL! It might work in checked if the security agent had ever had a Lapu Lapu!
Yes, yes.......it would be confiscated as a Weapon of Drunken Destruction

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #1653
204charity
DIS Veteran

This time tomorrow I will be flying to Orlando!!! YIPPEE!!!!!! Poly here we come!!!!!!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #1654
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Yes, yes.......it would be confiscated as a Weapon of Drunken Destruction

Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #1655
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post
If you have an iPhone, you can download Sleep Machine Lite for free. It has tons of background noise sounds and works like a charm. Then you have your sound machine where ever you go!
Thanks for the tip! I'm downloading it now and will test it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Had my pedicure done today!

SO CUTE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Very Cute. I wish my feet were this cute. I have runner's feet. Yuck. Nice legs from all my running, but UGLY feet. I hide them in water shoes.
I'm also a runner and who would have thunk that all that good for you running would require so much maintainance for your feet! I've got some good acid stuff that burns it down to baby smooth skin. It's better than it sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm planning on trying a Lapu Lapu this upcoming trip ~ NO I've never had one!!! But, I was wondering...where it is served in a pineapple, do you tend to get a bunch of pineapple pulp in the drink??? I don't like pulp.
I don't like pulp either but I've never noticed 'pulp' like OJ pulp in my lapu lapu. Although I adore pineapple so I may not have cared...or maybe the rum got to me before I could formulate a sentence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post
Do they make virgin Lapu Lapus? Or just anything in that pineapple? My daughter would flip out being able to eat one of those.
They make tons of yummy virgin drinks - frozen and on ice - for the kids! And yes, get it in a pineapple but be ready to spork out your money

Quote:
On the adult cocktail front I was thinking that the Minute Maid Lite Pom Lemonade would be a nice mixer with some vodka. Fill up the refillable mug and add a shot (or two). Anyone ever try that? Otherwise, I will be sticking to the Longboard beer because I'm not that into fruity drinks.
A couple years ago, the Poly served an X-rated lemonade. It was X-fusion liqueur (passion fruit flavored) with vodka and minute maid lite. It was delicious!!! I now buy the ingredients at home for a refreshing drink that is not too sweet (and lower on calories with a mixer that has only 10 calories per 12 oz!) Now they have a poolside lemonade you can get at just about any pool bar at Disney. It's very similar but I'm not sure they use the X-fusion brand anymore. And if you bring your own vodka, you could certainly mix it with the minute maid lite they have at the refillable mug station - it tastes good just like that!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-14-2012, 06:30 AM   #1656
204charity
DIS Veteran

At the airport getting ready to board our flight to (hopefully) sunny Orlando.
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 04-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #1657
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Save travels!!!! Enjoy your trip!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #1658
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Here's hoping the flight is smooth and the vacation sunny and gorgeous! Take loads of pics to share!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #1659
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Thanks for the tip! I'm downloading it now and will test it out!

SO CUTE!

I'm also a runner and who would have thunk that all that good for you running would require so much maintainance for your feet! I've got some good acid stuff that burns it down to baby smooth skin. It's better than it sounds

I don't like pulp either but I've never noticed 'pulp' like OJ pulp in my lapu lapu. Although I adore pineapple so I may not have cared...or maybe the rum got to me before I could formulate a sentence...

They make tons of yummy virgin drinks - frozen and on ice - for the kids! And yes, get it in a pineapple but be ready to spork out your money

A couple years ago, the Poly served an X-rated lemonade. It was X-fusion liqueur (passion fruit flavored) with vodka and minute maid lite. It was delicious!!! I now buy the ingredients at home for a refreshing drink that is not too sweet (and lower on calories with a mixer that has only 10 calories per 12 oz!) Now they have a poolside lemonade you can get at just about any pool bar at Disney. It's very similar but I'm not sure they use the X-fusion brand anymore. And if you bring your own vodka, you could certainly mix it with the minute maid lite they have at the refillable mug station - it tastes good just like that!
Sounds yummy!

Quote:
Have a magical trip!

I was just reading about some new cupcakes at Capt. Cook's. They sound delicious!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...ooks-cupcakes/

So what do all of you think of Capt. Cook's? What is your favorite item there (ok, I know Dole whips but besides those)? I am interested in trying the Grown Up or Adult Grilled Cheese. They look pretty good. We won't be eating there too much due to being in the parks and ADR's but probably will stop in our first day and our pool day.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #1660
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds yummy!

Have a magical trip!

I was just reading about some new cupcakes at Capt. Cook's. They sound delicious!

So what do all of you think of Capt. Cook's? What is your favorite item there (ok, I know Dole whips but besides those)? I am interested in trying the Grown Up or Adult Grilled Cheese. They look pretty good. We won't be eating there too much due to being in the parks and ADR's but probably will stop in our first day and our pool day.
OMG!!!!

I did not know about these fabulous cupcakes!!!!! Another reason to be excited about the Poly!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #1661
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds yummy!

Have a magical trip!

My dh loves the Adult Grilled Cheese. We haven't eaten too many meals there, but I don't remember eating anything I didn't like.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #1662
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Have a fantastic trip!

Quote:

OMG ... chocolate macadamia cupcakes!! Those look delish!!

My favourite at CC's is the turkey club with the homemade chips (I don't like blue cheese, so have never tried the adult grilled cheese). DH also likes the noodle bowl.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #1663
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds yummy!

Have a magical trip!

OMG! Those cupcakes look amazing!!!

DH and I both love the Adult Grilled Cheese and the Aloha Pork Sandwich. Sometimes we each get one and split. We also really like the Margherita Flatbread when they have it and the Stir Fry Noodles. The Pork Nachos are a pass as is the Polynesian Salad. I wanted to like both but they were just... meh.

Great now I'm hungry!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Next up.... Mar 14 - BC

Old 04-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #1664
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

I just pulled up the cupcake page..................

AND HAD A MOUTHGASM! I love all things tart and lemony, I can't wait to try to that cupcake!

As far as CC's goes, we usually just use it for breakfast, because you can get Tonga Toast with bacon. I think I had an underwhelming flat bread there once. If we don't have reservations for dinner and are eating "in", I usually go up to the Kona bar and get some sushi. The Kona Crab Cake Roll is divine!

As a side note to that review on the food blog, does anyone else get a tad, just a little, irrationally irritated that so many people suggest you, "just take a quick ride to the Poly and sit and eat?" I KNOW it's open to all, I KNOW that you don't have to be a resort guest to sit on the beach or eat at CC's, but there is a small part of me that is always screaming on the inside for people to NOT take that advice.

Yes, I'm terrible, I know.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #1665
tsme
DIS Veteran

Wink

I feel the same way.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: