Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #1636
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
The last time I did laundry on a trip was two years ago - at that time they took cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Still taking cash as of October 2011. Charging on a room card would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
thank you!! last june we stayed at the contemp. and there machines only take room cards. which was great, no fumbling for change. i normaly dont put charging on my room key.
my wife says "just because your on vacation, dont get you out of doing the laundry".
funny story, one year we were at cbr. and there was laundry to do. i do it half way through our trip. i carry the wash over to the laundry room by the pool, all the washers were open so i used 4 at one time to get my chore done faster. it was about 9pm so not many people around. there were a few dryers running. i just hung out, reading the paper. the washers were just about done and here comes three women. the one ask me, wow, how does your wife get you to do laundry? they start giggling. so my washers are in the rinse cycle and i add fab. softener. ok, the giggling starts again. the other one says , oh look lisa, he even fabric softens.
im willing to bet, there were a few guys sitting at the bar that night who got an ear full when there wives got back!!! they were impressed with my laundry tech. glad they didnt hang around for the folding!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #1637
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
thank you!! last june we stayed at the contemp. and there machines only take room cards. which was great, no fumbling for change. i normaly dont put charging on my room key.
my wife says "just because your on vacation, dont get you out of doing the laundry".
funny story, one year we were at cbr. and there was laundry to do. i do it half way through our trip. i carry the wash over to the laundry room by the pool, all the washers were open so i used 4 at one time to get my chore done faster. it was about 9pm so not many people around. there were a few dryers running. i just hung out, reading the paper. the washers were just about done and here comes three women. the one ask me, wow, how does your wife get you to do laundry? they start giggling. so my washers are in the rinse cycle and i add fab. softener. ok, the giggling starts again. the other one says , oh look lisa, he even fabric softens.
im willing to bet, there were a few guys sitting at the bar that night who got an ear full when there wives got back!!! they were impressed with my laundry tech. glad they didnt hang around for the folding!!!
You and my DH could have a little laundry par-tay. He always does our laundry on vacation too. It is his quiet time away from me and our 2 DDs. He reads magazines and such. I know......I am a lucky gal

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #1638
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

I'm afraid to let DH do the laundry ... and I'm sure that was his plan all along!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 04-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #1639
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
You have to supply your own, but just stop at any KFC and stock up. It will be worth it.
oooooh, good tip...packing sporks now on my "to do" list

Borrowing friends park bag and just got it from her yesterday. I will have to make sure the sporks are packed in there.

Do they make virgin Lapu Lapus? Or just anything in that pineapple? My daughter would flip out being able to eat one of those.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #1640
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post

Borrowing friends park bag and just got it from her yesterday. I will have to make sure the sporks are packed in there.

Do they make virgin Lapu Lapus? Or just anything in that pineapple? My daughter would flip out being able to eat one of those.
Someone mentioned quite a while ago that they got their kids soda in the pineapple (just so they could have a cocktail too!) but that it was quite an $$ soda! It sounded like you could order whatever in a pineapple, but there is a premium.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 04-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #1641
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post

Yes, they make virgin Lapu, Lapus- but I think they are around the same price. I saw a post - on this thread, I think - where the parent's had bought one for the kids and it was filled with Sprite. My daughter would love it too!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #1642
MikeRx
Mouseketeer

Spork Run!

Spork run last night thanks to the DIS boards! I had to take one for the team and eat at KFC….Not my favorite chicken (no flames please), but in the interest of fully enjoying a Lapu Lapu it was worth the sacrifice.

Thanks for the tip, 9 days to go….tick, tick, tick…..I swear the last 10 days are the worst as planning is done and all there is left to do is wait and pack.
Now I can wish away the crowds and hope for an amazing week at the Poly!

Mike DW DS (4) DMIL

First visit 1976, last visit WDW 2/2010 BC CL and DL GC 12/2010, future WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, 7/2012 (off site meeting), 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #1643
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

The school I work at has sporks in the cafeteria so I know where to get them. Problem is I don't like pineapple But my husband does and I'm sure he will appreciate the sporks

On the adult cocktail front I was thinking that the Minute Maid Lite Pom Lemonade would be a nice mixer with some vodka. Fill up the refillable mug and add a shot (or two). Anyone ever try that? Otherwise, I will be sticking to the Longboard beer because I'm not that into fruity drinks.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #1644
auprincess
DIS Veteran

I *think* Taco Bell has sporks, too...or at least they used to. I'm not a big fan, but DH loves it ~ he'll be happy (and wonder what's up) if I suggest eating there, but looks like I'll have to so I can fully enjoy a Lapu Lapu!
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 04-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #1645
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I *think* Taco Bell has sporks, too...or at least they used to. I'm not a big fan, but DH loves it ~ he'll be happy (and wonder what's up) if I suggest eating there, but looks like I'll have to so I can fully enjoy a Lapu Lapu!
Our Taco Bell does have the sporks but that is because it is a KFC/Taco Bell combo restaurant.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #1646
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
I'm afraid to let DH do the laundry ... and I'm sure that was his plan all along!
I am SSOOOOOO lucky. My beloved late MIL was really good at laundry and took a lot of pride in it. She could get out any stain imaginable and was very persnickity about everything. We always laugh that she passed on the "laundry" gene to my husband and his sister. They both like to do laundry and have that same carefullness(is that a word?) that they take with everything. I do laundry at home about half the time and he does the other half depending on his work schedule. On vacation he does it all....

Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #1647
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
The school I work at has sporks in the cafeteria so I know where to get them. Problem is I don't like pineapple But my husband does and I'm sure he will appreciate the sporks

On the adult cocktail front I was thinking that the Minute Maid Lite Pom Lemonade would be a nice mixer with some vodka. Fill up the refillable mug and add a shot (or two). Anyone ever try that? Otherwise, I will be sticking to the Longboard beer because I'm not that into fruity drinks.
My DH isn't much into fruity drinks. but when he is not having a beer, he loves the vodka lemonade they serve at the beach bar.. Don't remember if they called it electric lemonade or ???? but it is good. He has also admitted to secretly liking my Pina Colavas from the bar. If you are playing the role of bartender......vodka with some crystal light rasberry lemonade is DELISH You can buy the singles and shake it up in a bottle of water to use as your mixer before pouring into your mug.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #1648
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
My DH isn't much into fruity drinks. but when he is not having a beer, he loves the vodka lemonade they serve at the beach bar.. Don't remember if they called it electric lemonade or ???? but it is good. He has also admitted to secretly liking my Pina Colavas from the bar. If you are playing the role of bartender......vodka with some crystal light rasberry lemonade is DELISH You can buy the singles and shake it up in a bottle of water to use as your mixer before pouring into your mug.
I like the way you think! Crystal Lite singles with some vodka is a fab idea for when I'm the bartender, thanks! Sounds like I may have to try a few other drinks from the pool bar as well. Electric Lemonade sounds like something I would like.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #1649
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

I may pack a couple grapefruit spoons for that pineapple'y goodness

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 04-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #1650
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
I may pack a couple grapefruit spoons for that pineapple'y goodness
Better pack them in your checked luggage. Otherwise, explaining those at security could get interesting, lol!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: