Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #166
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

What a fun time! My Sister and I did a tour several years back where we had the option of spending a couple hours at Venice Beach or Santa Monica Pier. I think we made the right choice in choosing Santa Monica Pier. We definitely loved it there and seeing your pics of Venice makes me realize we would have been disappointed to stop there instead.

Can't wait to see your pics of the Soda Shop
ariel1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #167
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your trip report! It looks like you're having a really fun trip!

Me and my fiance are hoping to do a similar trip next year so i'm picking up lots of ideas!!

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Disneyland Resort California - April 2013
izzie-wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #168
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Your tour looks really nice. I too loved the Santa Monica area. We also enjoyed a really good lunch at the Farmers Market. It is so hard to decide what to get when you walk around the Market. So many excellent choices.....
jwwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #169
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Looks like the fun has continued! That was one heck of a tour. I can't wait to hear what you thought of the Disney Soda Fountain. We went there on our ABD tour to California.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:03 AM   #170
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Lynne! What a cool tour I love Santa Monica Pier - I think it's what the old California Adventure was patterned after. I guess there are alot of celebs living just down the beach from there, also.

Unbelievable to think about shopping in a store where it costs that much just to look!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #171
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

That "food challenge" seems like something that Adam would do on Man vs. Food!

So what was "different" with Venice Beach? Curious minds want to know!

I want to do the Hollywood celebrity homes tour. I hate doing "touristy" things when I visit new places but for some reason, I really want to do that! Maybe its because I love the show I Love Lucy & I love the episode when Lucy & Ethel do it.

Santa Monica does look pretty!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #172
wiscbugs
Loving everything Disney!

Awesome trip report...loves all the pics. (although I don't know how anyone can be a Michigan State fan!)
wiscbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #173
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie13_15 View Post
I have loved reading your trip report. Such an easy read with lots of details and pictures. Can't wait for more!
Thank you so much!!! I appreciate you taking the time to read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie13_15 View Post
PS...I can't believe you got to sit o n the Friends couch!!!! Can you say jealous?
I honestly can't believe I got to sit on the couch either! I think my jaw dropped when we entered the room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
What a fun time! My Sister and I did a tour several years back where we had the option of spending a couple hours at Venice Beach or Santa Monica Pier. I think we made the right choice in choosing Santa Monica Pier. We definitely loved it there and seeing your pics of Venice makes me realize we would have been disappointed to stop there instead.
The whole day really was terrific! I can honestly say that we did enjoy both Venice and Santa Monica. However, with that said, if I had to choose between the two, Santa Monica would win for me hands-down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Can't wait to see your pics of the Soda Shop
I can't wait to share them! We enjoyed our time there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie-wizzie View Post
Really enjoying your trip report! It looks like you're having a really fun trip!
Thanks so much for reading!!! It was a really fun trip and only seemed to get better by the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie-wizzie View Post
Me and my fiance are hoping to do a similar trip next year so i'm picking up lots of ideas!!
Oh good...I'm so glad! California is such a fun state to visit! I'm sure you will have a fantastic trip!!!
Spartangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #174
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Your tour looks really nice. I too loved the Santa Monica area.
It really was a fantastic tour! We thought Santa Monica was so pretty...I'd really love to go back in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
We also enjoyed a really good lunch at the Farmers Market. It is so hard to decide what to get when you walk around the Market. So many excellent choices.....
Oh my gosh...it was so hard to choose a place! I think we need to go back just so we can try something new next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Looks like the fun has continued! That was one heck of a tour.
It was amazing! Very jam-packed...but so fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
I can't wait to hear what you thought of the Disney Soda Fountain. We went there on our ABD tour to California.
I can't wait to share!!! By the way, how did you like your ABD tour? I looked into them, but we just haven't taken the plunge yet! They are pretty expensive...but, I'm assuming it's worth the cost???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
[SIZE="3"]Hi Lynne! What a cool tour I love Santa Monica Pier - I think it's what the old California Adventure was patterned after. I guess there are alot of celebs living just down the beach from there, also.

Hi Tammie! It really was a terrific tour! I can imagine that there are a lot of celebs that live around the area...it was so pretty! I definitely want to go back and spend more time there in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post

Unbelievable to think about shopping in a store where it costs that much just to look!
I know!!! I guess it's for people who just have money to blow! Must be nice!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #175
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
That "food challenge" seems like something that Adam would do on Man vs. Food!

Oh my gosh! That's exactly what Chris said to me when we came across it!

Quote:
So what was "different" with Venice Beach? Curious minds want to know!
Now don't get me wrong, every beach has their own "oddities." However, the "characters" at Venice Beach just seem to be more amplified than what we are used to. For instance, you might see "Santa" in a speedo, skateboarding down the boardwalk area. It was definitely good for people watching and you just never knew what you were going to see next!!!

Chris and I are used to the more "laid-back" beaches where everyone kind of keeps to themselves. At Venice, many people seemed to want the attention focused on them.....or at least that was our perception! In saying that, we still enjoyed going there, but it probably wouldn't top our list for beaches to revisit. Once was enough for us!

Quote:
I want to do the Hollywood celebrity homes tour. I hate doing "touristy" things when I visit new places but for some reason, I really want to do that! Maybe its because I love the show I Love Lucy & I love the episode when Lucy & Ethel do it.
It was pretty neat seeing the different homes. I just wish you could see more of some of the homes....some of them were really covered up by gates and trees! But, I do understand the need for privacy!

Quote:
Santa Monica does look pretty!
It was beautiful! I really want to go back in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbugs View Post
Awesome trip report...loves all the pics.
Thanks so much!!! I appreciate you reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbugs View Post
(although I don't know how anyone can be a Michigan State fan!)
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're a Wisconsin fan based on your screen name?

I do bleed "green!" I guess going to MSU for undergrad and grad school will do that to you! However, with that said, I always cheer for the Big 10...just not when they're playing State!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #176
MeMom
DIS Veteran

A tour of 'old' Hollywood stars' homes would be interesting. I imagine things have changed a lot with the size of homes, security, etc.

I will have to show Drew the cars. He'll think those are very cool.

That's wild about the shop that costs so much. I can't even imagine a lifestyle where that kind of money was spent.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #177
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
A tour of 'old' Hollywood stars' homes would be interesting. I imagine things have changed a lot with the size of homes, security, etc.
I actually found it a lot more interesting to see the "old Hollywood" stars' homes since you could actually see them! You could see portions of the newer homes, but they really were pretty well protected and covered.

Quote:
I will have to show Drew the cars. He'll think those are very cool.
Yes! Chris didn't love the shopping, but he sure took a liking to the fancy cars!

Quote:
That's wild about the shop that costs so much. I can't even imagine a lifestyle where that kind of money was spent.
Me either! We were blown away with the information...it just didn't seem real!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #178
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I never knew the Santa Monica pier was the official end of Route 66!

Love the peek at the stars' homes. Very cool!

Well, I guess I won't be shopping at Bijan any time soon!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #179
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I never knew the Santa Monica pier was the official end of Route 66!
We didn't either, but we were so excited to see all of the signs! It was definitely a nice surprise!

Quote:
Love the peek at the stars' homes. Very cool!
Yes...it was so nice to see how the "other half" lives!

Quote:
Well, I guess I won't be shopping at Bijan any time soon!
I KNOW!!! We were SHOCKED when we found out the cost to even set foot in the door!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #180
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm going to try this again today! I tried posting a couple of days ago and I was having a difficult time with all of the DIS updates going on. I'm so excited to share this next update........enjoy!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: