Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
misstheworld
My Prince Charming is mecarroll

Resort Mug Questions

A friend of mine is visiting the World in May and I'm asking her to bring us back two resort mugs. Two questions for ya'll since I haven't been to WDW in over a year...

#1 - What's the cost on a mug? (Strictly OOP...no DP since these are souvenirs for us.)

#2 - I assume they're all still the generic black, red, and yellow mugs...right?

Thanks!
misstheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstheworld View Post
A friend of mine is visiting the World in May and I'm asking her to bring us back two resort mugs. Two questions for ya'll since I haven't been to WDW in over a year...

#1 - What's the cost on a mug? (Strictly OOP...no DP since these are souvenirs for us.)

#2 - I assume they're all still the generic black, red, and yellow mugs...right?

Thanks!
I think someone recently posted that they're $10 now with a $7 refill fee for future visits, but I don't know if that's at all resorts yet or just certain resorts where they're trying the new system. The mugs changed last year and, as of January, were a white base with a beach or pool scene (instead of red with music notes and park icons) with pink, turquoise, and yellow handles, but the handles are more translucent, than opaque (like the red, yellow and black handles). Hopefully, someone with recent experience can clarify.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

In January, I recall paying $14 for a mug and mine has a Lime Green lid and handle. I want to say I saw orange and purple in addition to the colors mentioned by the previous poster.

The colors seemed to be related to the resort they were sold at.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstheworld View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
In January, I recall paying $14 for a mug and mine has a Lime Green lid and handle. I want to say I saw orange and purple in addition to the colors mentioned by the previous poster.

The colors seemed to be related to the resort they were sold at.
Where was the purple mug? That is the one I want! I've been getting pink to give to my nieces and friends' daughters. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
Where was the purple mug? That is the one I want! I've been getting pink to give to my nieces and friends' daughters. Thanks!
I cannot recall. I've been to DL and WDW twice since then. And I ate at all levels of resorts that trip.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

On our last trip in January they had black handles but were out of the yellow that we had seen on previous trips. The only options at the beach club were turquoise, black and pink. We are staying at Bay lake in a few weeks and I'm dying for purple!

Oh, and I think the $10 with $7 return visits is for the water park mugs, not the resort ones. I wish they would do it for the resorts too though!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincessatheart View Post
On our last trip in January they had black handles but were out of the yellow that we had seen on previous trips. The only options at the beach club were turquoise, black and pink. We are staying at Bay lake in a few weeks and I'm dying for purple!

Oh, and I think the $10 with $7 return visits is for the water park mugs, not the resort ones. I wish they would do it for the resorts too though!
Thanks for the clarification! I thought I'd read that they've started introducing the new RFID (?) system on the resort mugs, but I must have been mistaken.

If I find a purple mug, I'll let you all know where it is!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

The purple mug was sold at All Star Sports. It is one of the ones with the RFID chip in it. I haven't heard an update on those mugs so purple may not be available.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Kathy!! I'm at AKL on my next visit, but will take a quick trip over to Sports to see if they have the purple mug. I'm probably going to be at Sports in September for the Tower of Terror 10-miler, so I'd be able to use the renewal, too!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
misstheworld
My Prince Charming is mecarroll

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the help.
misstheworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: