facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #76
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMickey View Post
Hey All!

Just a quick check-in before heading out... (I tried to head out today, but no room for a standby traveler)

I stopped doing JM a couple weeks ago, and I think that the 30 DS ignited a great burn for me. I am down 10 pounds from where I was when I began around Jan. 20th! I stopped doing it, though, and that's when the scale started changing. I still have most of the definition that I got from the DVD, so hopefully that will provide some incentive for those who are seeing the scale go up. It went up while I was doing the DVD, then once I stopped the numbers went down and the clothes fit even better!

Keep at it, everybody, and I can't wait to hear of your results before Easter!

I'm off to the World to wear my new swimsuit and some tank tops! (I hope!)
It's great to hear about your results. Have fun and to your new swimsuit and tank tops !!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #77
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey All!

Just a quick check-in before heading out... (I tried to head out today, but no room for a standby traveler)

I stopped doing JM a couple weeks ago, and I think that the 30 DS ignited a great burn for me. I am down 10 pounds from where I was when I began around Jan. 20th! I stopped doing it, though, and that's when the scale started changing. I still have most of the definition that I got from the DVD, so hopefully that will provide some incentive for those who are seeing the scale go up. It went up while I was doing the DVD, then once I stopped the numbers went down and the clothes fit even better!

Keep at it, everybody, and I can't wait to hear of your results before Easter!

I'm off to the World to wear my new swimsuit and some tank tops! (I hope!)
Ashley - Happy belated birthday!!! How's it feel to be 30??? I didn't really feel any different when I turned 30, but was sad-ish when I filled out a survey and had to change into the 30's crowd. I, too, stopped JMing a couple weeks ago, but will be starting back up tomorrow. I'm adopting your sticker chart method for myself! :-)

Have a great vacation and ride Thunder Mountain for me - it was down when we were there!!! :-)

Vicki - keep up the great work!

I'm planning on starting back tomorrow, and I've gotten talked into doing a half marathon in early May. Guess I should start running again... we're going to run/walk the half, but I haven't run sinch Thanksgiving. We'll see how this plan goes... But I figure if I do my Jillian Michaels and stick to it, even moderately, I should be toned enough by the mini (half marathon) to shed my shirt and not be completely embarassed about it. :-) THAT will be my inspiration for this go-round. It may sound shallow, but motivation is motivation, right?

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #78
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

How's everyone doing!?

I just finished day 7 1/2. 1/2 because I missed 2 days of exercise and tried to do it one night and about collapsed. It felt like I was on day 1 again, so I turned it off!

Finished the whole thing on Tuesday, it was still pretty hard. But then I did day 7 tonight and I felt great! I could really tell a difference now from when I first started the DVD. I'm still doing running on my other days so I'm not as far ahead, but I can definitely tell my arms are getting stronger. I can actually do the push-ups at a decent pace...even though I still have to do the girlie ones!

Might go again tomorrow and will hopefully be able to start Level 2 in early April. I can't believe I have only been doing it for 2 1/2 weeks. It feels like forever!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #79
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

I think it's been 2 1/2 weeks....it seems like YEARS. Still waiting for my 20lb shred.

Really getting stronger with upper arm and jeans are fitting a little looser. Still on level 1 and I'm starting to get board with it especially since I'm not seeing results fast enough. Getting ready to do another working tonight.

Keep it up everyone !!!! Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #80
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

Alright, Friends, I'm baaaack!

Vacation was great! We didn't do much of anything, but I ran about 5.5 miles twice (SSR + THV+ OKW route) and used the elliptical three times. What killed me was doing MK and EPCOT back-to-back days at the end of our trip. My calves are killing me!!: Aside from those things, I slept, laid out by the pool, ate, and drank. Sadly the last two kind of sabotaged my efforts, and I found a few wayward pounds to carry around with me. I think they'll go away as I get back to normal, but I wouldn't mind forcing them to leave, either, so here I am!!

Vicki - You are so close! I don't believe that 20 pounds actually melt off of many people during the Shred or Ripped in 30. I think that's the case for some people who have been away from exercise or for people who are willing to follow her diet plan, too. I'm sure it's effective, but I just don't see myself following her menu.

Snow White - I love your drive! I do things like two-a-days when I'm very motivated to keep to the plan, too. I read somewhere, though, that sometimes it's counterproductive and may lead to injury, so be careful! Thanks for inspiring me to start keeping track of my workouts and hold myself accountable.

Jhenn - I'm feeling compelled to do a half marathon in June. I want to find a 10k to do at the end of April or early in May, but I think I'm just going to organize my own of sorts. I share the goal of running in just a sports bra! That would be a decade-old dream come true! In high school I always wished that I wasn't a chicken to try it, and now I wish that I was in shape enough to give it a whirl! I wore a bikini for the past week, but I'm not ready to be moving and showing my abs yet. I'm better off stationary until they don't jiggle at all!

So it's back to work tomorrow for three days before my school's actual spring break. This week will be a good week to get started, because I only work one job each day! Off to make a sticker chart...

Do any of you use MyFitnessPal? If I have to log everything I eat, that is my site of choice... I will not say I like it, though!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #81
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

LittleMissMickey--Welcome back !!!!

Glad you had a great vacation. Good for you for working out too.

Still shreading and finally was able to get a 5 mile run in yesterday. We've had so much rain --so much for "sunny California"---not. Feeling much stronger since starting the shread and I really need to get on track with my food now. So far the pounds are NOT melting off yet but I am gaining muscle and clothes are fitting differently.

I use the app Lose It on my iphone. It's free and easy to use and even has a bar code to scan your food. Very easy to use !!!! It's also a free app.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #82
Harry Potter =

Time for another check-in!

LittleMissMickey--Thanks! And yes, I usually only keep it to 1 workout a day and try and stay active doing regular things during the day.

I use MFP too, I love it. I've been logging for around 80+ days, it's too easy to not use! I love that it shows all the other nutritional information of each food and how much you've had during the day too.

---
Well, I started Level 2 this morning after finishing level 1. Warm-up started and I was thinking "Pshhh. This is going to be easy!" Yeah, right! I felt like I did on day one of level one. I had a skip a couple reps of the exercises and take some breaks to get some water, but I did finish. I ended up pulling a muscle in my back/neck during double crunches, luckily it's gotten a little better since this morning.

Hope you all are doing well!!

Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #83
Emma1987
DIS Veteran

I'm starting the 30 Day Shred today... Am I in for something tough?? lol
Disneyworld, Florida Xmas 2004

Disneyland, Paris August 2007
Disneyworld, Florida June 2012 !
Emma1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #84
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

Well... Crud.

I did not get back on track.

I diverged further from the track than I have gone since Christmas.

Thanks for allowing me to admit that. Next step... fixing it!

Who wants to give me the swift kick to get me moving again?

I did create a challenge of sorts. Hop on over and check it out. I think I'll start it... tomorrow!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #85
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well... Crud.

I did create a challenge of sorts. Hop on over and check it out. I think I'll start it... tomorrow!

Here's a little encouragement---

Don't give up just start up again. Tomorrow is a new day!!! You can do it!!! Hope that helps.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #86
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well... Crud.

Ashley - me too! I started back up with 30DS today. Yesterday (my day 0), I finally took the dreaded BEFORE pictures - yuck! This morning, remembering those pics, I was ready and raring to go. So, I'm putting my pretty little star sticker on my chart and gonna go again tomorrow. That's my current plan anyway... get up every morning and do 30ds, then in the evenings when kiddo is at softball practice, do a c25k around the parking lot, fields, school, whatever.

Make a plan, and stick with it. I'll be here for when you want to check in!

Oh, and this 2nd time around on 30ds - I stuck with day 1 for at least 90% of the workout - encouraging way to start back! We'll see how sore i am later today and tomorrow morning. I'm trying to keep it simple this time. 3 lb weights for at least the first 3 days of each level, then moving to 5lb weights if I can, then after 3 days of that, I can stick with 5 lbs, or move up to 8. Does that seem realistic?

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #87
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

I'm 6 days into the shred now. sore in different places than last time. Able to keep up much better this time around though. Have yet to see any results. My quad muscles look like I've been running for a long time though! :-)

Anyone else still doing it?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #88
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Hi
I'm still doing it...although having to take a rest the past 3 days. I twisted and landed on my foot wrong. Nothing serious and almost back to normal. Planning to give it one more days rest then start up tomorrow. Still no dramatic results like I thought I would see 30 days ago.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:10 AM   #89
Harry Potter =

Popping in, hope you are all doing well!

I am done with Level 2 Day 7. I hope to finish out this level by Friday. I always seem to have a day that kills me and then the next time I finish it easily. Last night was an easy day, which I'm thankful for. I like level 2 better except for those stupid lunges! I have been doing other workouts so I'm not sure how much is from 30DS but I can definitely tell a lot of difference in my endurance during the workouts and I've lost about an inch since started last month. So far I give it an A+!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #90
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

I need to get way back on track. I work a long day tomorrow, 14 hours, so that would be setting myself up for failure. If I begin on Thursday I will have almost a whole week before my next long day, and it will be exactly 30 days before my last day of school. Seems like fate!

So, starting back Thursday. Will you all be here to check in? Hard to believe that Memorial Day is so close!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: