Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #16
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony609 View Post
I didn't know about this. Can someone share expirence/info?
I don't have any experience with Goofy's if that is what you're asking for...
However, I can share about the monorail. There is a monorail station in Disneyland (aka the original Magic Kingdom). It is kind of tucked up in Tomorrowland between Autopia and Nemo. You ride the monorail around the property to the other stop which is in Downtown Disney (DTD). The DTD stop is at the "end" of DTD, near the Disneyland Hotel (DLH). It can be a quick way to DTD (and the DLH) if you're in Disneyland. If you want to enter the parks again, be sure to get your handstamped when you leave the DTD station.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #17
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
I know it's disneyland but I thought the original was called Disneyland park and the other Disney's California adventure? what is the specific name of the park? Aren't they both directly across from each other? Wouldn't they be approx. the same to the hotels just wanting an estimate 15 min, 30 ???
I don't think anyone was trying to be harsh. It's just that the DLR (Disneyland Resort) is really close in proximity. Most people have the walking times to nearby hotels down to the minute. Also, as the PP said, there is a private entrance into DCA from the GCH, which greatly affects our minute-by-minute calculations. That's probably why you received the further questioning, because the dis experts just wanted to give you precise information. I think most of us who hang out on the disboards honestly want to help make people enjoy their Disney trips, not be a bunch of grumpy snobs. Or should I say maleficent snobs...don't want poor grumpy to get a bad name...
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #18
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
I know it's disneyland but I thought the original was called Disneyland park and the other Disney's California adventure? what is the specific name of the park? Aren't they both directly across from each other? Wouldn't they be approx. the same to the hotels just wanting an estimate 15 min, 30 ???
Yes, the original is Disneyland but many people say Disneyland in reference to both parks. I simply wanted clarification before attempting to answer.

Quote:
Thank you this was all I needed, very much appreciate. Many on the board forget many are new to DL and jump on newbie questions. Some I notice do it all the time on the dis.
Ummmmm who jumped on you? No one did, Jack and I simply asked for clarification, then I had a fundraiser after my first job and my second job to go to so I didn't get back on to respond. I did know that others would come in behind me and would be able to provide the response you wanted but again, wanted to clarify which park and which hotel. Your question was quite vague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
I just thought your question was vague, the 3 hotels are different distances and can be see on the dis-maps. Time it takes to walk is a different matter.

Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisMunchkins View Post
On the same note...thinking about having lunch at Goofy's, so Disneyland Hotel. Would it make sense to catch the monrail from Tomorrowland and head to Downtown Disney. Kids will want to ride the monorail anyway, but would this save walking time also??
Thanks!
Yes, if you are in DL then grab the MR to go to DTD. It may or may not save walking time tho, it depends on how long the wait at the MR is. This might be a good time to have Mouse Wait to review ride wait times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
I don't think anyone was trying to be harsh. It's just that the DLR (Disneyland Resort) is really close in proximity. Most people have the walking times to nearby hotels down to the minute. Also, as the PP said, there is a private entrance into DCA from the GCH, which greatly affects our minute-by-minute calculations. That's probably why you received the further questioning, because the dis experts just wanted to give you precise information. I think most of us who hang out on the disboards honestly want to help make people enjoy their Disney trips, not be a bunch of grumpy snobs. Or should I say maleficent snobs...don't want poor grumpy to get a bad name...

OP the times provided are accurate, I hope you have a great time!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: