Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #856
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

everyone! Just want to remind everyone that there is a great group over at the Singles Social Club thread. It's a great place to actually chat and get to know everyone, and we even have a couple meets planned later this year in case anyone wants to meet up with some of your fellow Disney loving singles!

Don't be shy.... and don't let the size of the thread scare you away. We tend to be very ADD with our conversations so you can easily just jump in without needing to read the entire thread.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #857
KYfriedPanda
Mouseketeer

First Name: Jaimie

Sex: Male

Hair/Eye Color: Dark Brown / Eyes Like the Sea After a Storm (in other words, I have no idea! honestly, my mother and my license say two completely different things!)

Body Type: Somewhere between Tigger and Pooh

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Do you have any kids: Nope

Do you have any pets: No, though my sister's beagle loves me best!

Favorite activities: Going to WDW (obviously), planning trips to WDW (seriously, I have a LOT of fun crunching numbers... it's unnatural), trivia nights, movies, live theater (especially Broadway), traveling, and collecting Vinylmations

Favorite movie: Tough question without a genre... I'd probably say The Nightmare Before Christmas, Little Shop of Horrors, and Love Actually are generally in the top 10 more than most other movies.

Favorite color(s): Red

Favorite Disney character(s): Stitch (even after becoming a Magic Kingdom pariah I still find his antics to be funny)

A little bit about yourself: Other than what's up above this section? Hmm... I'm still in grad school going for my doctorate and trying to miraculously afford more trips to WDW at the same time, I am pretty geeky (hence the love of trivia), I've been playing the piano for my whole life but also am trying to learn the guitar (I need to be able to play Billy Joel's Only the Good Die Young entirely on my own), I love parenthetical asides (mostly because I'm terrible with grammar and this is how I hide it), and I actually enjoy creating ridiculous dating profiles (I am "NotTornado27" on okcupid, a profile I created entirely as a joke after my sister told me I had to make one, and yet it gets more hits and e-mails than any real dating profile I've ever created)... whew.

A little bit about my match: If you read through this entire profile and you're a non-smoking female, you're probably my match! I enjoy meeting people regardless of whether or not they're my soul mate, so say hi and I promise to be friendly!

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #858
Disneyfn420
Mouseketeer

Do you have a link for the club. I found it but last post was in 2011. So must be a different one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
everyone! Just want to remind everyone that there is a great group over at the Singles Social Club thread. It's a great place to actually chat and get to know everyone, and we even have a couple meets planned later this year in case anyone wants to meet up with some of your fellow Disney loving singles!

Don't be shy.... and don't let the size of the thread scare you away. We tend to be very ADD with our conversations so you can easily just jump in without needing to read the entire thread.
Disneyfn420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #859
ArielseekingEric
Earning My Ears

Think it's time to update my profile:

First Name:Laura

Sex: female

Hair/Eye Color: red/blue

Do you have any kids: No

Do you have any pets: 2 cats

Favorite activities: Trips to Disney, pub trivia, singing, reading, traveling

Favorite movie: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Titanic

Favorite color(s): Blue/Green

Favorite Disney character(s): Ariel of course

A little bit about yourself: Love travel planning, singing in a local chorus, oldest child, still single. Looking for someone who also has the"travel bug" especially loves all things Disney.
ArielseekingEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #860
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfn420 View Post
Do you have a link for the club. I found it but last post was in 2011. So must be a different one.
We have gone through several threads. i think we are actually on our 4th or 5th thread at this point.

Here's a link to the current thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....99025&page=148
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #861
goofy_joe
Mouseketeer

Hi, everyone! I just thought I'd throw this out there. Been lurking on the DIS for a while and decided to start posting (got back from WDW today), and came across this thread. Here goes!

First Name: Joe

Hair/Eye Color: Light brown / blue-green

Body Type: Tall, moderate build

Ethnicity: White

Do you have any pets: No

Favorite activities: Golf, bowling, traveling, exploring new places, slow-cooking, making waffles, walking around the city, hiking

Favorite movie: The Big Lebowski

Favorite color(s): Green

Favorite Disney character(s): Goofy (I can even do an OK voice!)

A little bit about yourself: I'm working full-time and going to school two nights a week for my MBA. I'm a pretty independent person who would like to find someone to connect with on many levels - as a romantic mate, and as someone to share adventures with. I love learning and discovery, so I'd want to have someone in my life who is interested in exploring and trying new things.

A little bit about your ideal match: I'm looking for a woman who is gentle and kind, and who has a positive outlook on life. Someone who is confident in herself and what she wants, and who can get along with a wide variety of people and treat everyone with respect. And someone who can drink Beverly at Club Cool without wincing. (j/k)
goofy_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #862
TangledUp
Earning My Ears

Might as well give this a shot...

Name: Jackie

Sex: Female

Hair/Eye Color: Brown

Body Type: Short and Thin

Favorite activities: Reading, spending time with friends and family, Disney

Favorite movie: Jurassic Park, Gladiator, A Goofy Movie

Favorite color(s): Orange

Favorite Disney character(s): Rapunzel

A little bit about yourself: I'm a pretty laid back person and in addition to working hard, I'm learning to play guitar and training for my first half marathon. I like movies, football, and just having a good time.

A little bit about your ideal match: In addition to someone who shares my love of all things Disney (something surprising hard to find in an academic environment), I'm looking for someone who can make me laugh and I can be myself with. I'm not looking for fireworks, just someone I can connect with.
TangledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #863
countrygrl4
Earning My Ears

I might as well give this a try

First Name: Jaime

Sex: female

Hair/Eye Color: dark brown but looks black/brown

Body Type: curvy

Ethnicity: african american, native american and cape verdean

Occupation: full time student and works full time as a receptionist

Do you have any kids: no

Do you have any pets: no

Favorite activities: working out, movies, concerts,swimming, biking, traveling

Favorite movie: Disney movies (of course) and horror flicks

Favorite color(s): Pastels, Blue and Pink

Favorite Disney character(s): Belle, Jasmine, Pochantas and Ariel

A little bit about yourself: I am an ambitious woman who loves to travel adn enjoys going to concerts. My favorite type of music is Country and favorite country artists is Carrie Underwood, Sara Evans, Brad Paisley, and Rascal Flatts. I love relaxing on a sunday or going for a sunday drive. I love going to the movies and just hanging out with friends.

A little bit about your ideal match: I would love to meet someone who obviously loved Disney as much as I do and liked/loved country music. I would love someone who is also ambitious and striving to make more of themselves. Someone who is funny and can be playful and goofy (no pun intended).
countrygrl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #864
AristoCatsMarie
Earning My Ears

might as well give it a try

This is my first post sorry if I screw up.

First Name: Nicole

Location: West Deptford, NJ but I want to be in Orlando, Fl (permanently) lol

Hair/Eye Color: Dirty brown/ Green

Body Type:Overweight but trying to lose

Do you have any pets:Family pet Dog Mindy would want my own dog some day

Favorite activities: Traveling, shopping, volunteering

Favorite movie:The AristoCats

Favorite color(s):Purple, Black, Green

Favorite Disney character(s):Marie (aristocats), Duchess (aristocats), Jasmine(aladdin)

A little bit about yourself: I have Multiple Sclerosis but that does not stop me from being a total Disney freak. I try to learn anything I can about Disney and Walt Disney World. I also love theater, arts and crafts, volunteering shopping for collectibles and antiques, traveling, animals, and relaxing.

A little bit about your ideal match: They should love Disney as much as I do, and just be an excepting, caring, all around good person.
AristoCatsMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #865
AristoCatsMarie
Earning My Ears

Sorry

Last edited by AristoCatsMarie; 04-10-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Screwed up
Old 04-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #866
AristoCatsMarie
Earning My Ears

a

Last edited by AristoCatsMarie; 04-10-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: don't know how to delete
Old 04-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #867
AristoCatsMarie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
First Name: David

Sex: male

Hair/Eye Color: Brown & Blue Eyes

Body Type: Avg/med build

Ethnicity: Italian/Irish

Favorite activities: Sports, movies, history, walks, cooking..anything fun pretty much

Favorite movie: Caddyshack, Saving Private Ryan, Superbad, 300, Gettysburg, Fast Times At Ridgemont High

Favorite color(s): Green

Favorite Disney character(s): Captain Hook, Pluto, Stitch, Chip and Dale

A little bit about yourself: I guess I would say i'm very outgoing with a good sense of humor. Very laid back at times, always looking for some great fun and conversation. Anything you like to know feel free to pm me. I'm practically an open book.

A little bit about your ideal match: Sense of humor is a must. Some one outgoing who shares some of the same interest and values I share. If your outgoing that is always a plus. If you like sports, even better LOL[/COLOR]
David, can't pm post number not high enough would love to talk. look at my post on like the last page if your interested.
Nicole
Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #868
lilunsure
Earning My Ears

First Name: Debbie

Hair/Eye Color: Eyes are brown, hair is usually brown

Body Type: Definitely not on my last calorie, could stand to lose 20 or so.

Do you have any kids: Yes, a DD–15, who I have joint custody of.

Do you have any pets: Yes, 2 dogs, who I also have joint custody of.

Favorite activities: exploring, seeing new things, walking, taking drives and enjoying good conversation. Oh and I love food, which is why I have some to lose.

Favorite movie: I will watch most types of movies with the exception of horrors and ones where I’m going to have to read though the whole movie. However, if I had to chose a favorite it would be either Mary Poppins, Grease, or Sound of Music.

Favorite color(s): Purple and Green

Favorite Disney character(s): Stitch and Mickey

A little bit about yourself: I’m a fun loving person who enjoys exploring and seeing new things. I like good conversation but don’t believe there has to be constant chatter when sharing time or an experience with someone. I’m separated on the way to divorce and gainfully employed. I’m looking to meet new people so even if you are not my match maybe we could be friends. Shoot me a PM Oh, I enjoy NFL Football and I’m a huge Baltimore Ravens fan, planning my Sunday’s around their games

A little bit about your ideal match: The big ones are he must be honest, gainfully employed, a non-smoker, and not have an alcohol and/or drug problem (I’m okay with social drinking, I like to have a couple of drinks while out sometimes). Oh and if you want kids, you should have them, because I am not having anymore.

I have pictures, and would be willing to share through email, but I’m not posting them here for the entire world to see.
lilunsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #869
ScottFL82
Earning My Ears

First Name: Scott (Hope my username didn't give that away lol)

Hair/Eye Color: Blonde/ Light brown hair and green eyes

Body Type: Should lose a few....working on it

Ethnicity: White

Occupation: I own my own detailing business, and I also work for a car dealership

Do you have any kids: No, but would like to someday

Do you have any pets: No, but would like that too someday...lol

Favorite activities: I like fishing, watching and playing sports, love my trips to Disney of course :-D

Favorite movie: Transformers, Step Brothers, Napoleon Dynamite, Talladega Nights

Favorite color(s): Blue

Favorite Disney character(s): Donald Duck, Pluto, Mickey (Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite)

A little bit about yourself: I love spending time with friends and family. I like to go out to eat, watch a movie. I am not a big drinker. I will have a beer or two every now and then, but could go months without the desire for one. I live in South FL now, but spent a lot of time living in Ohio. I love all kinds of music: country, rock, pop...just about anything except rap...lol oh and classical

A little bit about your ideal match: She definitely has to love Disney. When we go on vacation we should both be thinking: "I want to go to Disney" lol She should not be a big drinker....if you like drinking a lot, I am prob not a good fit for you. She should be down to Earth, sincere, caring and be able to hold an intelligent conversation...I hope that's not too much to ask for :-)
ScottFL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #870
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

First Name: Iris

Hair/Eye Color: Black/Black

Body Type: Average-athletic

Ethnicity: Asian

Favorite activities: Theme parks, aerial arts, SCUBA

Favorite movie: Harry Potter (all), That Thing You Do, Fireproof, Mary Poppins, How To Train Your Dragon

Favorite color(s): cerulean/turquoise

Favorite Disney character(s): Eeyore

A little bit about yourself: I am a Christ-follower and ESFJ. I love all the central FL theme parks. ToT, Soarin', Idol, and FotLK are some of my favorite attractions at WDW. I love marine animals and being in any body of water. I've also discovered in my adulthood that I am kind of a thrill-seeker.

A little bit about your ideal match: I'd like to meet someone who is also a Christ-follower and shares similar beliefs as I do. I'd like him to become my best friend. Someone who likes theme parks as much as I do (or at least will tag along with me). Someone who is understanding, accepting me for who I am, supports my passions, and willing to listen.

But basically I'm posting this to meet others, not necessarily a relationship. If it develops into something more than a friendship, that is very cool. But if it doesn't, that is totally fine!

Last edited by Sehsun; 12-13-2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Updating info
Sehsun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: