Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
EPCOTsafari
Earning My Ears

DCP waiting for the acceptance

Hey all! My name is Jenna I just wanted to start a thread for anyone still waiting for the coveted acceptance letter! I know I'm hoping for the best =) Perhaps strength in numbers can help keep us all sane.

Just some basic info..I applied for the Fall 2012 program. My top 3 choices were attractions, photpass, and vacation planner but also added QSFB, concierge, and custodial just as sort of backups. I told the woman I was pretty much up for anything except lifeguarding because the extent of my swimming skills are dog paddling. This is my first time applying so I'm really nervous but excited all at the same time.

Good luck to everyone who still is waiting and congrats to those already accepted!
EPCOTsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Best of luck! I hope you get in seems like you picked good roles!
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
WDWPrincess04
Earning My Ears

I am also waiting for acceptance/denial. The roles I chose were QSFB, Merch, Character Attendant, and Attractions. When filling out my application, I checked 'low/moderate' interest for a few, but those are my top 4 roles. I had my phone interview yesterday so I am already going insane with waiting.
WDWPrincess04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
EPCOTsafari
Earning My Ears

Thanks WDW lover! I appreciate it!

And WDWPrincess04, best of luck to you! Like I said hopefully power in numbers can keep us sane while we wait =)
Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Que_Sarah_Sarah
Whatever is Sarah will be.

No news is good news when it comes to the DCP! (And I mean a lack of news, not that all DCP news is bad... ) Considering you haven't been pended, it is more likely that you are looking at an acceptance. The pendings and denials seemed to come out quickly this time around. Acceptances take longer (yaaaaay!)

I have a DCP blog! HERE!

Just Keep Sewing!
Que_Sarah_Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Devux
Earning My Ears

Hey All!

I completed my phone interview on March 28th and have been checking my email obsessively. My dashboard still says "In Progress". Im super worried though, since I applied for Fall Advantage and I know spots are limited.

I wonder how long it usually takes to hear back after the phone interview. I know they say within two weeks, but I wish there was a more concrete date or time ya know :/
Devux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
EPCOTsafari
Earning My Ears

Well I am hoping that the "no news is good news" =) I interviewed on April 3 and I've made it this far without any sort of negative response. Have faith. Here's to hope.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Great thread!! I interviewed on Jan 30th, received two pending emails (one on Feb 17th and the other March 15th). I am hoping to hear something positive soon - I also have two Professional Internships in "interview stage" and several in progress so am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that Disney accepts me for one of these. I went back to college late in life and finally pursuing my dream to work for Disney so to everyone out there - never give up hope!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
EPCOTsafari
Earning My Ears

I hope you hear something good soon as well!

I'm actually a graduate student right now. I wanted to do the program during my undergrad but I was a music education major and couldn't afford to break my cycle of classes. Now that I'm in my master's I kind of just thought "why not?" You only live once and I've dreamed of doing this.

Best of luck to you!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
Jakatak10
Earning My Ears

Program help!

Hey there!!

I applied for the Fall 2012 College Program too. This is my second year of college, and my brother did the program last year. I signed up for doing housekeeping, concierge, front desk; pretty much anything having to do with hotels.

I really want to do the program but I'm not sure that my family wants me to go. My mom wants me to hurry up and finish my degree, but I really want to go! I'm waiting to see if I got in still...anyone have any ideas of how I can convince my parents that going is a good idea
Jakatak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
EPCOTsafari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakatak10 View Post
Hey there!!

I applied for the Fall 2012 College Program too. This is my second year of college, and my brother did the program last year. I signed up for doing housekeeping, concierge, front desk; pretty much anything having to do with hotels.

I really want to do the program but I'm not sure that my family wants me to go. My mom wants me to hurry up and finish my degree, but I really want to go! I'm waiting to see if I got in still...anyone have any ideas of how I can convince my parents that going is a good idea

This is really the opportunity of a life time. Disney is one of the top 30 employers in the country and has a great reputation with their employees. Of course they are people who will say that this is only the college program and they feel Disney takes advantage of their college interns but it's more than the work that makes this a must do experience. The classes they offer look like real useful classes to participate in.

There's actually a section on the website just for parents and a good section for them to read. Even though I don't live with my parents I let them read the section so they could get a better understanding of what the program has to offer.

As far as school honestly it doesn't matter how long it takes you to graduate. I took longer the 4 years in my undergrad but I got to experience a lot during my time. That's what college is partially about. It's about exploring every possibility you can to find the right fit job for you. This program will allow you to explore yourself also. That's what is important. Finding out who you are as an individual.

Best of luck to you in applying and with your parents. Feel free to message me if you'd like.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
EPCOTsafari
Earning My Ears

Reached the week mark and I've not gone crazy.

Okay well may be a little ahahaha.

Here's to staying positive.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
keisuke
Earning My Ears

Bumping this thread back to the top, although I am not applying for cp (going for parttime ) I'm still currently in progress and I am starting week 3 tomorrow, still hopeful thinking

Hope everyone made it into the program, cheers
keisuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: