Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #721
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
That adult grilled cheese is something I've got to try one of these days.

I love the boys' t-shirts!

Uh-oh. I sure hope that the boys were able to get some good naps in. I can't believe that after all of that adventure he was holding out! I'd want a nap for sure.
I really like the adult grilled cheese, but the aloha bbq is good, too. It's a great place for lunch.

Thanks!

I had planned the whole afternoon out perfectly and all they had to do was to take that nap just then. That wasn't asking too much, was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Brilliant idea with the ketchup cups. That's being filed away in the back of my mind under "interesting tricks."

I love Carter and Landon's superhero shirts, especially the Batman one. I'm a big nerd though, so it's no surprise.

Looking forward to seeing how the MNSSHP went!
I thought that was a great idea! Carter and Landon seemed to like having their own little bowls and I liked it, too.

Carter and Landon love superheros, too. I think it's only nerdy if you collect limited edition action figures.

I was really looking forward to our first MNSSHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I don't know why we never think to go to Captain Cooks for lunch, everything always sounds so good! And they have self serve Dole Whips! Cute idea putting them in the little ketchup containers! Hope Carter finally falls asleep!
We go to Captain Cook's pretty often. I really like the food and it's a convenient location. Sometimes, it's nice to eat before you get to the MK. Those ketchup cups were perfect for the boys! Carter really should have been tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Those ketchup containers worked perfectly for the boys Dole Whips

Isn't it always the way when you want them to sleep they don't and vice versa! I can't wait to hear all about the party!
I loved having them have their own containers to eat from. It just made it a little easier for everyone.

It sure seems true that they can sense when I don't want them to sleep and when I do and they always seem to do the opposite. I don't know how they do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh no, oh no! Its just terrible when you know the kids need naps, and they're not buying it! I bet Jeremy got Carter to sleep, he always seems to swoop in and get things fixed!

I like the look of those sandwiches at Captain Cooks! I meant to get there for lunch when we were at the Poly in Dec, but it never happened. Maybe I'll get my chance in Oct, when Everett and I are at the contemporary. I'm thinking it might be a tough choice between the pork and the grilled cheese.
I really wanted Carter to get a good nap in that afternoon, but he was so not interested in sleeping. Jeremy usually never fails to accomplish things like that, so I was hoping it would work.

It's a very tough choice between the pork and the grilled cheese. I always try to get someone to split them both with me, but Everett's probably too young for that sort of thing. Staying at the Contemporary in Oct sounds wonderful. We're leaning toward Pop Century again for our fall trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
How could anyone really be expected to sleep with teacups nearby?? He just gets cuter and cuter. Hope Jeremy can make this nap happen for you. I can't wait to read about your time with MNSSHP!

Love the boys' shirts, btw! Super cute!!
I know, it's impossible to sleep when you could be riding teacups. It really was kind of cute, but at the time, I just wanted him to sleep! MNSSHP would be a lot easier with two well rested kids.

Thanks! I thought those looked cute on them.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #722
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I have been wanting to try that Grilled Cheese Sandwich at Capt. Cook's! It looks so yummy!

I can't wait to hear what y'all thought about MNSSHP. We'll be doing it for the 1st time ever this year.

I can't blame Carter for not wanting to sleep. There's Teacups right there woman!

I really like the boys shirts. Do you remember where you bought them? Reid is all about superheroes these days so I'm always looking for cute shirts for him.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #723
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

The toddler size Dole Whips look like a great idea!

I'm glad Landon was cooperative about the nap thing. I hope Carter eventually settles down for a good nap so that he isn't grumpy later on.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #724
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Landon looks SO happy in that first drum picture. Absolutely precious!

Dang, you really did do a good job loading up those dole whip cups! I can't wait to try one of those for the first time time summer!

Oh man... I hope Carter went to sleep!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #725
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I have been wanting to try that Grilled Cheese Sandwich at Capt. Cook's! It looks so yummy!

I can't wait to hear what y'all thought about MNSSHP. We'll be doing it for the 1st time ever this year.

I can't blame Carter for not wanting to sleep. There's Teacups right there woman!

I really like the boys shirts. Do you remember where you bought them? Reid is all about superheroes these days so I'm always looking for cute shirts for him.
I love that grilled cheese sandwich! Captain Cook's is a fun place to go for lunch.

That's exciting! I was so thrilled to be at our first MNSSHP. I think you all will have a great time.

I can see his point, and yet, he should have slept. I took him swimming, after all!

I got those shirts at Target. I loved how the boys looked in them. The only trouble was that they ran kind of small. I got a size bigger for both of them and they still outgrew them before too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
The toddler size Dole Whips look like a great idea!

I'm glad Landon was cooperative about the nap thing. I hope Carter eventually settles down for a good nap so that he isn't grumpy later on.
Carter and Landon loved their little Dole Whips and I was just as happy to have no toddler hands in mine.

Landon was exhausted after his busy morning. Carter really should have been, too, but somehow he thought he should be allowed to go on rides instead of napping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Landon looks SO happy in that first drum picture. Absolutely precious!

Dang, you really did do a good job loading up those dole whip cups! I can't wait to try one of those for the first time time summer!

Oh man... I hope Carter went to sleep!
Landon absolutely loves drums. He's got pretty good rhythm, too. He brings chopsticks to church so he can practice.

I knew I was the right person for that job! I wanted to get our money's worth on those dole whips! It'll be exciting to try one for the first time. They're not my favorite, but a lot of people love them.

Me, too! I hated that he was still awake.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #726
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

A Plan Goes Awry

[

Last edited by PirateKate; 12-26-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #727
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Geez, for a lazy day, you guys covered a TON of territory! Don't worry, even those of us without toddlers (or kids at all for that matter) have Disney meltdowns every once in a while. But I hope the kids stayed awake to enjoy the party. Can't wait to see the costumes and the party pics!

I'm so excited you and Jeremy get to have an adults-only trip. And I can't wait to hear what you think of AKL, because we're staying there for the first time in October! We visited the resort on our trip in March and had the same reaction as you guys...just WOW! So gorgeous, so lush and sooooo much to look at.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 04-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #728
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Too bad about the naps, but you and Jeremy seem to handle things really well. I'm glad that you made the decision to have fun no matter what.

I really liked the taco salad at Pecos Bills. The toppings bar is great!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #729
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Awww, I'm sorry the boys didn't nap! I know how hard that can make things. But, I think you did the right thing by just hopping on the Teacups & turning the day around.

Can't wait to hear about the party!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #730
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

That whole ordeal of trying to get the boys to nap and be well rested for the party is eerily similar to our experience at MVMCP. DS was awful that day and had no intention of cooperating and taking a nap. We ended up getting a late start at the party, because he finally fell asleep at the hotel and we didn't want to wake him up to go.

I think your decision to just keep going and try to have fun was a good one. At least when they finally crash during the party, the adults can still have fun while they're resting in the stroller.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #731
amazingact21
Upendi

I guess sometimes, no matter how much you want them to, kids aren't going to cooperate. I can imagine that it was a little stressful, because you spend so much time planning and daydreaming about how perfect certain parts of your vacation are going to be, that you don't want a little things like a nap to throw a wrench in the plans.

Can't wait to hear about the party and see how the boys faired.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #732
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Geez, for a lazy day, you guys covered a TON of territory! Don't worry, even those of us without toddlers (or kids at all for that matter) have Disney meltdowns every once in a while. But I hope the kids stayed awake to enjoy the party. Can't wait to see the costumes and the party pics!

I'm so excited you and Jeremy get to have an adults-only trip. And I can't wait to hear what you think of AKL, because we're staying there for the first time in October! We visited the resort on our trip in March and had the same reaction as you guys...just WOW! So gorgeous, so lush and sooooo much to look at.
I guess we did do quite a bit that day, actually. It was meant to be a lazy day, but the boys don't like to just sit around. I know Disney meltdowns happen to the best of us, but I still feel silly after the fact. It's Disney! I should always be happy there. I really wanted the kids to both be well rested and cheerful for the party, but it wasn't meant to be, I guess.

I can't wait until our adults only trip! It's going to awesome to have some time to ourselves. AKL is awesome! I've stayed there once before and I loved it. As incredible as it is to visit, it's even better when you're staying there. I think you all will have a great time in October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Too bad about the naps, but you and Jeremy seem to handle things really well. I'm glad that you made the decision to have fun no matter what.

I really liked the taco salad at Pecos Bills. The toppings bar is great!
I did want them to nap that day, but it sort of had to be okay once I saw that they weren't going to. We already had tickets and costumes, and I really wanted our first MNSSHP to be fun.

I love that taco salad at Pecos Bills. It's fun to make it with exactly whatever toppings I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Awww, I'm sorry the boys didn't nap! I know how hard that can make things. But, I think you did the right thing by just hopping on the Teacups & turning the day around.

Can't wait to hear about the party!
Looking back on it, we should have just taken Carter on the Teacups the first time he asked and at least Landon would have gotten a good nap in. I think I just was clinging to that perfect plan I had, but once we got on Teacups, it was okay.

It was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That whole ordeal of trying to get the boys to nap and be well rested for the party is eerily similar to our experience at MVMCP. DS was awful that day and had no intention of cooperating and taking a nap. We ended up getting a late start at the party, because he finally fell asleep at the hotel and we didn't want to wake him up to go.

I think your decision to just keep going and try to have fun was a good one. At least when they finally crash during the party, the adults can still have fun while they're resting in the stroller.
Maybe they can sense the party mood and it makes them too keyed up to sleep. It was awful when I wanted them to sleep and I saw both of them were still awake. Too bad you all had to miss part of the party. At least we were already in the park when all the non-napping was going on.

It ended up being a great decision. It would have been sad to send the boys back to Windsor Hills. And there's a lot of fun to be had at MNSSHP if they were sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I guess sometimes, no matter how much you want them to, kids aren't going to cooperate. I can imagine that it was a little stressful, because you spend so much time planning and daydreaming about how perfect certain parts of your vacation are going to be, that you don't want a little things like a nap to throw a wrench in the plans.

Can't wait to hear about the party and see how the boys faired.
I think sometimes, they especially don't cooperate when they sense exactly how much you want them too. I spent a ton of time planning and daydreaming about our first MNSSHP and then when it wasn't going right, it was kind of hard to change my idea of what it would be like.

I think they did pretty good, considering.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #733
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I hope yall were able to enjoy the party despite the lack of nap! I understand not wanting to waste valuable party time on eating! It's too bad yall weren't very hungry though. Can't wait to hear all about MNSSHP!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #734
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post

As soon as he said that, I realized how ridiculous it was to get that upset about it. I had fallen into the classic Disney trap of thinking about how much money we paid for the tickets and how I wanted everything to be exactly so that I had forgotten the primary objective of having fun.

Sadness. Too bad about the boys not napping, but I can completely understand how you were feeling. I remember falling into that on our very first visit with both boys, as we had some other crazy issues, too. Glad you realized it anyway and hope the evening goes well enough. There's always next time if it doesn't, right? I can't wait to see the costumes.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #735
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I hope yall were able to enjoy the party despite the lack of nap! I understand not wanting to waste valuable party time on eating! It's too bad yall weren't very hungry though. Can't wait to hear all about MNSSHP!
Good naps would have been really nice, but I was determined that we would still have fun that night. MNSSHP and MVMCP always go by so fast that it would be a mistake to spend any of the time eating. We should have planned that a little differently, but we'll spread the meals out better next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Sadness. Too bad about the boys not napping, but I can completely understand how you were feeling. I remember falling into that on our very first visit with both boys, as we had some other crazy issues, too. Glad you realized it anyway and hope the evening goes well enough. There's always next time if it doesn't, right? I can't wait to see the costumes.
Of all the days not to nap, they sure picked a bad one. It's hard with little kids sometimes when things don't go right. It really does help to remember that there's always next time and that next time, they will be older and more capable. It's fun dressing up for MNSSHP!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: