Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
disneyparami
Earning My Ears

Disney Vacation Planning and Fantasmic Dessert Seating

My family and I are staying at the Disneyland Hotel in late May and would like to see do the Fantasmic Dessert Seating. My question is, if I use the Disney Vacation Planning service, do I call them when I'm a month out from our dates? Or can I call them earlier and not have to worry about all the seats being taken if I call too late? Thanks for your help!
disneyparami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyparami View Post
My family and I are staying at the Disneyland Hotel in late May and would like to see do the Fantasmic Dessert Seating. My question is, if I use the Disney Vacation Planning service, do I call them when I'm a month out from our dates? Or can I call them earlier and not have to worry about all the seats being taken if I call too late? Thanks for your help!
you can call 60 days out so call now.
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaches24 View Post
you can call 60 days out so call now.
Um, not for F! - that's 30 days out.

60 days is all other dining reservations.

(Unless Disney Vacation Planning services handles it differently??? But not to my knowledge.)
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

I believe you can call Disney Planning ahead of time, and they will make the reservations a month before the date.

I had done that a few times when I used to work for Dreams Unlimited and my clients asked me to make reservations for them.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonna View Post
Um, not for F! - that's 30 days out.

60 days is all other dining reservations.

(Unless Disney Vacation Planning services handles it differently??? But not to my knowledge.)
Rhonna, you are referring to the time you can make F! reservations. That is not what the OP is talking about. The OP is talking about when you can talk to Vacation Planning Services as a DLR hotel guest and have them make reservations for F! on your behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
I believe you can call Disney Planning ahead of time, and they will make the reservations a month before the date.

I had done that a few times when I used to work for Dreams Unlimited and my clients asked me to make reservations for them.
MJ is totally correct. Two summers ago we stayed at the GCH and wanted to get F! reservations. However, the 30 day point before our trip we were in Europe and I knew it would be hard to call at 8AM Pacific Time from Europe while we were traveling - I did not even know where exactly we would be or if we would have phone service or be touring something important that day.

So before we left the country I contacted the Disney Vacation Planning services and had them make the F! reservations for me. Not sure how far in advance it was but at least 6 weeks and maybe 8 weeks before we were at DLR.

Just to be clear. The VP services do not make the reservation for you before the nominal 30 day (one month) mark. They put it in their system that you want them to make the reservation for you and then when the day comes, right at 8AM, they make it for you.

Then when we arrived at the GCH they had our F! tickets at the hotel front desk when we checked in.

DLR 11/2014, JC Blog & WOCWD Blog (Tropicana), 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Vacation planning has told me twice that they would need me to call back at 30 days to make sure this was done. I had called at 60 for character breakfast and was told to call back at 30..they said they COULD take the info but I better call back to make sure. The last time I called, I found them very vague..like they didn't really know what they were doing (I was wondering if this had been farmed out to home reservationists or something) the whole conversation seemed just weird, and then when I went to pick up the F! tickets they were for the day I had made the reservations..so...in Disney's eyes I was a month LATE for the show...They fixed it, but was a little time consuming and also stressful. Still, I'll probably use them again so I can pick up the tickets at the hotel and not have to go to wherever you pick them up if you call yourself.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
Vacation planning has told me twice that they would need me to call back at 30 days to make sure this was done. I had called at 60 for character breakfast and was told to call back at 30..they said they COULD take the info but I better call back to make sure. The last time I called, I found them very vague..like they didn't really know what they were doing (I was wondering if this had been farmed out to home reservationists or something) the whole conversation seemed just weird, and then when I went to pick up the F! tickets they were for the day I had made the reservations..so...in Disney's eyes I was a month LATE for the show...They fixed it, but was a little time consuming and also stressful. Still, I'll probably use them again so I can pick up the tickets at the hotel and not have to go to wherever you pick them up if you call yourself.
I only used Vacation Planning that once so am far from an expert. Nunzia's experience would make me cautious next time I tried.

DLR 11/2014, JC Blog & WOCWD Blog (Tropicana), 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
Rhonna, you are referring to the time you can make F! reservations. That is not what the OP is talking about. The OP is talking about when you can talk to Vacation Planning Services as a DLR hotel guest and have them make reservations for F! on your behalf.

MJ is totally correct. Two summers ago we stayed at the GCH and wanted to get F! reservations. However, the 30 day point before our trip we were in Europe and I knew it would be hard to call at 8AM Pacific Time from Europe while we were traveling - I did not even know where exactly we would be or if we would have phone service or be touring something important that day.

So before we left the country I contacted the Disney Vacation Planning services and had them make the F! reservations for me. Not sure how far in advance it was but at least 6 weeks and maybe 8 weeks before we were at DLR.

Just to be clear. The VP services do not make the reservation for you before the nominal 30 day (one month) mark. They put it in their system that you want them to make the reservation for you and then when the day comes, right at 8AM, they make it for you.

Then when we arrived at the GCH they had our F! tickets at the hotel front desk when we checked in.

What I have experienced is what Hydroguy has stated, if we are not in the window they made the reservations for us when the time came and since we were staying on site, the tickets were waiting for us at the hotel when we checked in. Going to use them again this year as soon as someone around here makes up her mind.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
disneyparami
Earning My Ears

I called the planning service and was told to call back at the 30 day mark because she couldn't see which days F! Would be showing from May 29 to June 2 when we are there. Looking at the previous weeks on the schedule, it looks like F! Will be on Friday June 1. I think I might try calling back next week to see if I get someone else that will help me. Thanks for all the advice everyone!
disneyparami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyparami View Post
I called the planning service and was told to call back at the 30 day mark because she couldn't see which days F! Would be showing from May 29 to June 2 when we are there. Looking at the previous weeks on the schedule, it looks like F! Will be on Friday June 1. I think I might try calling back next week to see if I get someone else that will help me. Thanks for all the advice everyone!
Ask to speak to Lauren Flicker, she has been very helpful to us over the last few years.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
Whoops, your right. I need to stop posting until they get my bifocals back to me (seriously, we leave on our trip soon). Geez. Sorry OP.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #12
Ets80
Earning My Ears

I think we called every week. lol until we got an answer. I am just curious, What did you decide to do?

Ets80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: