Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #1576
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Carl, I'm going to need you to go ahead and move your trip up to, oh, say, RIGHT NOW so that I can live vicariously through your web cam, LOL!

Yesterday and today the weather is absolutely perfect for here in Seattle, and you would think that would quell some vacation fever. Nope, quite the opposite. I want to go more.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #1577
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Carl, I'm going to need you to go ahead and move your trip up to, oh, say, RIGHT NOW so that I can live vicariously through your web cam, LOL!

Yesterday and today the weather is absolutely perfect for here in Seattle, and you would think that would quell some vacation fever. Nope, quite the opposite. I want to go more.
It's funny, the same thing happens to me ... the nice weather makes me miss the Poly more!

And I agree. Maybe you could just take up permanent residence at the Poly Carl.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #1578
Tebrown96
Mouseketeer

26 more days for us!! Can.not.wait!! :-)

Can anyone tell me when I can expect to get Mickey Mail? We booked our trip through a Disney travel agent, so I know she'll be receiving it and I will hear from her when she does. Just wondering when that will be?!?! :-)
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #1579
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebrown96 View Post
26 more days for us!! Can.not.wait!! :-)

Can anyone tell me when I can expect to get Mickey Mail? We booked our trip through a Disney travel agent, so I know she'll be receiving it and I will hear from her when she does. Just wondering when that will be?!?! :-)
I think it would be any day now. We live in Canada & I know for our trip last year we received our stuff a few days before our friends in Chicago (we wondered if they sent the "foreign" packages out a little earlier), but I'm pretty sure it was about a month before our travel date.

1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #1580
Tebrown96
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
I think it would be any day now. We live in Canada & I know for our trip last year we received our stuff a few days before our friends in Chicago (we wondered if they sent the "foreign" packages out a little earlier), but I'm pretty sure it was about a month before our travel date.
Thanks! I am so excited for that packet!

I have another question, which I will also pose to my travel agent, but figured the pros here will know the answer. Is DD (4 1/2) allowed to use a Puddle Jumper life jacket in the pool at the Poly? It's like arm swimmies attached to a part that goes around her chest - it's a Coast Guard approved life jacket. She's not fully independently swimming yet. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #1581
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:

I have another question, which I will also pose to my travel agent, but figured the pros here will know the answer. Is DD (4 1/2) allowed to use a Puddle Jumper life jacket in the pool at the Poly? It's like arm swimmies attached to a part that goes around her chest - it's a Coast Guard approved life jacket. She's not fully independently swimming yet. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem. Children aren't required to wear a life jacket in the Poly pools, so I don't see why they would object to her wearing what you've got and I'm sure I've seen kids wearing water wings in the pool there. They also have life jackets you can borrow from the marina for free for the length of your stay, if that saves you bringing something extra in your suitcase.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #1582
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Oooooh, I hope so because that is what we are bringing for DD, who will be turning 5 on the trip. The only issue is that I am concerned about having it take up so much room in a suitcase and our entire day before flying home is at the pool. It probably wont dry in time for our flight home. I am entertaining the thought of just buying her some regular arm floaties to use and then regifting them to someone at the pool who looks like they could use them, before we head home. Haven't decided though...

Old 04-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #1583
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Can't wait to read your live reports!! Living vicariously through you!!
I will be reporting here - not sure if there is a place on the boards for live reports though.......anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Woohoo! Can't wait to read your live trip report!!

And yes, I feel lucky to have gone to Disney as many times as I have and am always grateful for every trip. I'm just lucky that my DH has gone along with it all.
Only 5 more days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post

Hold the power and down arrow down at the same time, for a few seconds and the thermostat will display BP then set it for what ever temp you want. Make sure you do it every night or it will reset to default. If the thermostat is new you may not have to do that. You can also call maintenance if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip!!!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 04-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #1584
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
I will be reporting here - not sure if there is a place on the boards for live reports though.......anyone know?

Only 5 more days!!!

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!!!
Theres a Countdown and Live Trip Reports section.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #1585
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post

Oh nothing I would want more than to be posting this on my balcony
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
It's funny, the same thing happens to me ... the nice weather makes me miss the Poly more!

And I agree. Maybe you could just take up permanent residence at the Poly Carl.
hmmmmm.. All I have to do is win the lottery..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post
Oooooh, I hope so because that is what we are bringing for DD, who will be turning 5 on the trip. The only issue is that I am concerned about having it take up so much room in a suitcase and our entire day before flying home is at the pool. It probably wont dry in time for our flight home. I am entertaining the thought of just buying her some regular arm floaties to use and then regifting them to someone at the pool who looks like they could use them, before we head home. Haven't decided though...
They do have life jackets available.. But remember the pool is only 4ft Or 1.22 meters. Guarded by lifeguards and zero entry. VERY safe even without life jackets!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #1586
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

The a/c issue.
Not a problem with the info. I can tell you the first time we stayed there I thought the darn thing was broken! Then I used the "baloon" method but they move all around in a strange environment.. Still couldn't sleep.. Then I went to the Internet for more info.. I CANNOT sleep without white noise in the background!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 04-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #1587
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
I know there is a group on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/272534079435981/

Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #1588
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

The countdown is on!

Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #1589
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
The a/c issue.
Not a problem with the info. I can tell you the first time we stayed there I thought the darn thing was broken! Then I used the "baloon" method but they move all around in a strange environment.. Still couldn't sleep.. Then I went to the Internet for more info.. I CANNOT sleep without white noise in the background!
Carl Do you bring a white noise machine with you on vacation? We NEVER leave home without ours. It is the bomb. Drowns out those people walking the halls, slamming doors, doing "odd things" next door, and general neighbor noise.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #1590
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Carl Do you bring a white noise machine with you on vacation? We NEVER leave home without ours. It is the bomb. Drowns out those people walking the halls, slamming doors, doing "odd things" next door, and general neighbor noise.
Good question... I HAVE to sleep with a box fan for "white noise". I have stayed at the Poly 3 times in the past and never did think to ask if maybe they had a box fan for guests to use... Does anyone know?

Me DH DS DD
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: