Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #61
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran
 
heatherlynn444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MS Gulf Coast, but born and raised NOLA
Posts: 3,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry's mom&dad View Post
heatherlyn44

I want to thank you for your blog. It encouraged me to start running. well run/walk/run. I did my first 5k today. My time was 44 minutes. I was so proud of myself. I am going on the Fantasy May 26. I plan to do the CC5k I will just have to learn to deal with the heat. So far all of my training has been in 30-40 degree temps.
I am so glad! Just hydrate hydrate hydrate, and wear a hat, that helps me feel cooler...when the sun isn't on my face. You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLK2001 View Post
Would like to do this in Feb. 2013 and hope some others will be run/walking too..will be on the Feb 16th Fantasy 7 night Western. It would be my first 5K and seems like as good a place as any!
it's a GREAT place! So scenic and fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcbLovesMickey View Post
Whoo Hoo! So excited to try this next year on the Fantasy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish9697 View Post
On the 12/18/11 Dream, there were probably 50 runners. We met in the sports bar and walked to the start. There were lots of kids!! There were walkers too, but also many 10Kers who did the course twice. There was a CM at the end calling time. I got a bib number for the race and a certificate in my room after and that was it. Never saw a tshirt for purchase. We did all take a group photo with Goofy we could've purchased. Still glad I did it!
50 runners that is a lot! thats great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uziel5000 View Post
I just had a thought... (though DCL might consider this a "stupid" thought)

They should give away the T-shirt for the top three finishers of the CC5K. The bibs and medals are nice but come on! I won a trophy ("ship on a stick") for movie trivia on a Carnival cruise. Winning a 5k, imho is a much higher accomplishment. A shirt might be nice.

Not that I would win it. I just started training for it and I'm struggling to run 2 miles. But the winners should.
that's a GREAT idea. I will suggest it when we go next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solfan68 View Post
I am on week 3 of a Couch to 5K program that I downloaded to my ipod Touch. You can search for c25k in the itunes store and there will be several. Mine is the "5K Runner" app. I start a music playlist and then turn on the app. It will lower the music periodically and say things like "Run Now" or "Walk Now". You slowly build up over eight weeks or so from mostly walking to being able to run for the majority of the exercise period.

It hasn't been a 'walk in the park' but I am looking forward to running the CC5k with my sister and dad - both of whom have run the Januray Half several times. It'll be a real family affair this summer !
I haven't done couch to 5k but know a LOT of people who have had a ton of success with it. Our local running store does a C25k group and theya re just about to start up again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
Is there a time limit to finish the race? I am pretty slow, but would LOVE to do this!

Also, are the tshirts available to be purchased by anyone, or do you have to run the race to get them? When do the shops open?

Also, do you know what the sizes are? I won't fit into a large... yet! Soon I will!

I am going to do the Princess 1/2 marathon in 2013 and I think I would LOVE to do this too. BUT I am just really starting out with my weight loss journey and I don't know if I'll be quite ready to do a 5k in the beginning of July???
-anyone can buy a ship in the shops which open when people can get off the ship.
-there were multiple sizes when I was there for the preview cruise in march.
-yes you can be ready! even if you have to run/walk it will be FINE. go for it, would be a great goal. BTW Princes sis SO FUN! (check out my recap on my blog!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conceptualice View Post
Thank you so much for posting this wonderful thread and the link to your blog! I want to do the castaway cay 5k in two weeks and I am training for the princess marathon either in 2013 or 2014! I will definitely put your blog on my bookmark list! Thanks!
2 weeks? awesome have fun! I want to hear about how you liked it after!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
Wonderful blog - thanks for posting the link here.

I was wondering what time you were back at the ship and cleaned up ready to go? Trying to plan for our July trip and have a fishing excursion planned with my boys. TIA
hhmmm...we left the ship as a group just a few minutes after 9, and walked to the start so we maybe started about 9:30? I ran in 30 minutes, so I was back on the ship by 10:15, back at serenity bay by 10:45 ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoremommy View Post
Did anyone answer the question regarding kids in the kids' club? I looked again and don't think I saw it answered. It hopefully will be my first 5k, and my DH was wanting to do it with me because he is worried about me. We have DS 8 that will not be able to do it too that we don't know what we will do with. If there are no kids' clubs available, I will have to do it by myself while they hang out. Just curious...
just checked my navigator, and pretty sure the kids clubs on and off the ship opened at 9:00. Which would work perfectly since we left the ship about 10 after 9. May have actually been the reason we left a little after 9, so people with kids would have a chance to get down there.
__________________
Follow my blog! Going DOPEY 2014!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #62
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran
 
heatherlynn444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MS Gulf Coast, but born and raised NOLA
Posts: 3,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
I'm thinking about doing this how do i get started. Even if i come in dead last HAHA i would like to say at least i did this.
like someone said the couch to 5k program is great. Just be sure not to build up your time/mileage too quickly, and def. try to train in warm temps b/c the island is HOT even in the winter months it can be toasty!
__________________
Follow my blog! Going DOPEY 2014!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #63
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?
 
collectoraholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Not close enuf to the Magic!
Posts: 1,087

We were on the Magic last month for Spring Break and saw a couple after the CC5K and my DH commented how he & I should train so we could do it on our next Disney Cruise, thinking it wouldn't be for a while. Well, we booked the June 2nd sailing out of NYC, so we started the Run 5K program yesterday (and damn if we're not sore and walking like little old people today) so we can run the CC5K on that cruise. Reading this thread has really gotten us excited; esp. now knowing that we can buy a t-shirt in addition to getting the race bibs and medals @ the end. LOL! I'm definitely going to sit and read the OPs blog when I have the time. I have friends that happen to be runners and they're trying to get me to run WDW with them sometime. 2 of them are running Goofy in Jan. and asked if I'd be ready to run either the 1/2 portion or the full portion of that with them, but I just don't think I'll be ready. Eek!

Thanks for the inspiration to keep going. Hoping to be less sore tomorrow so we can do Day 2/Week 1 of Run 5K. Wish us luck that we'll be walking better in the AM. LOL!
__________________
collectoraholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #64
mmouseforpres
DIS Veteran
 
mmouseforpres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 59

I ran the CC5k last June and didn't think it was anything special. Approximately 20 of us lined up by the bicycle rental, put our name and room number on the clipboard, and then a cast member started the race. When I finished in 29 minutes, the cast member wasn't at the finish. In fact, nobody was at the finish cheering on runners. I didn't receive anything, except for my bib number.

I hadn't planned on running it again but, after reading your post, I am rethinking now. I am glad to hear of the changes. I am even happier to hear people are starting exercise programs so they can train for the CC5k. I started running 5 years ago to lose weight. Now, 5 years later, I have ran five full marathons, 10 half marathons and several 10ks and 5ks. I never would have believed this before I started running, but running is addictive. I always feel like I'm on top of the world when I cross the finish line.

Just in case you want to look good, Disney has some great running appearal. Click here to go to the Disney store. My favorite shirt is the "runDisney Every Mile is Magic"
__________________
1984 off site; 1989 HS band trip - Fort Wilderness Cabins; 1991 off site; 1993 Honeymoon - Carribean Beach; 1995 - All Star Music; 1996 - Dixie Landings; 1998 Contemporary; 2000 All Star Sports; 2003 Off site; 2004 Port Orleans Riverside; 2005 Port Orleans Riverside; 2007 Port Orleans Riverside; 2008 Wyndham Bonnet Creek; 2010 Wyndham Bonnet Creek; 2011 Disney Dream; 2011 Pop Century; 2012 Disney Fantasy; 2012 All Star Music; 2013 All Star Music; 2013 Disney Wonder

<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/7lxz7k11cb08wa9t.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
mmouseforpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #65
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran
 
sweetpee_1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,495

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
But that time there were no age limits - everyone who wanted to run did. There were several kids who ran with their parents (and finished well ahead of me BTW!). This year my daughter is in Girls on the Run and I am her running buddy. We will do the 5K together in May before our cruise, and I thought it would be great to continue that tradition at Castaway Cay. I must say that that change disappoints me. My DD could use all the encouragement she can get and if she can finish a 5K, she should be able to do it at Castaway Cay too. I'll probably run it anyway - so she'll definitely get my medal!
Last September my DS14 ran the CC5k with me. He was the only teen in the group of 25 or so people. Everyone, including the CM, was sweet and extra kind to him. He was such a trooper getting up at 5 am all last summer with me to go out & run with me. I say let your daughter run!
__________________
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
4/14 Disneyland!
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #66
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran
 
jpeka65844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouseforpres View Post
Just in case you want to look good, Disney has some great running appearal. Click here to go to the Disney store. My favorite shirt is the "runDisney Every Mile is Magic"
DH just got me that shirt for my birthday! However, in retrospect, he now wants to make me one that says "Run Candace Run" with a picture of Candace from that particular episode of Phineas and Ferb. More my speed.....
__________________
Denice T.
Olathe, KS

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #67
sillywin
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13

Thanks for sharing
sillywin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #68
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran
 
heatherlynn444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MS Gulf Coast, but born and raised NOLA
Posts: 3,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywin View Post
Thanks for sharing
welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
DH just got me that shirt for my birthday! However, in retrospect, he now wants to make me one that says "Run Candace Run" with a picture of Candace from that particular episode of Phineas and Ferb. More my speed.....
too funny!


Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouseforpres View Post
I ran the CC5k last June and didn't think it was anything special. Approximately 20 of us lined up by the bicycle rental, put our name and room number on the clipboard, and then a cast member started the race. When I finished in 29 minutes, the cast member wasn't at the finish. In fact, nobody was at the finish cheering on runners. I didn't receive anything, except for my bib number.

I hadn't planned on running it again but, after reading your post, I am rethinking now. I am glad to hear of the changes. I am even happier to hear people are starting exercise programs so they can train for the CC5k. I started running 5 years ago to lose weight. Now, 5 years later, I have ran five full marathons, 10 half marathons and several 10ks and 5ks. I never would have believed this before I started running, but running is addictive. I always feel like I'm on top of the world when I cross the finish line.

Just in case you want to look good, Disney has some great running appearal. Click here to go to the Disney store. My favorite shirt is the "runDisney Every Mile is Magic"
kudos to you! So glad you fell in love with running, that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectoraholic View Post
We were on the Magic last month for Spring Break and saw a couple after the CC5K and my DH commented how he & I should train so we could do it on our next Disney Cruise, thinking it wouldn't be for a while. Well, we booked the June 2nd sailing out of NYC, so we started the Run 5K program yesterday (and damn if we're not sore and walking like little old people today) so we can run the CC5K on that cruise. Reading this thread has really gotten us excited; esp. now knowing that we can buy a t-shirt in addition to getting the race bibs and medals @ the end. LOL! I'm definitely going to sit and read the OPs blog when I have the time. I have friends that happen to be runners and they're trying to get me to run WDW with them sometime. 2 of them are running Goofy in Jan. and asked if I'd be ready to run either the 1/2 portion or the full portion of that with them, but I just don't think I'll be ready. Eek!

Thanks for the inspiration to keep going. Hoping to be less sore tomorrow so we can do Day 2/Week 1 of Run 5K. Wish us luck that we'll be walking better in the AM. LOL!
I am running goofy in january! So excited! you can SO do the relay!! plenty of time!
__________________
Follow my blog! Going DOPEY 2014!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #69
kcooley
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62

Just got off the Fantasy MV. Here's the info from our Navigator:

"Run Disney: Castaway Cay 5K
Meet in O'Gills Pub (12+), Deck 4, Aft, 9:15 a.m.
Runners meet in O'Gills Pub, Deck 4, Aft, at 9:15 a.m. We will depart the ship at 9:30 a.m., and make our way to the Bike Rentals where the run will begin."

That was on page 1.

Page 2 had the same text with the following addition:
"Come cheer on your friends and family as they cross the finish line!"

My wife and I did it and there was a pretty good crowd. Probably around 50-60 or so. There were some kids and they got medals and bibs just like everyone else (although they were older kids, so the 12+ was probably accurate). There were plenty of walkers - myself included. I did the Couch to 5K the hard way - direct! My time was 51:30, so from Couch to 51:30 I guess isn't too bad. I saw the t-shirts prior to the race and they had all sizes at that time. I had them hold an XL for me. They said they had 3 on the rack and 12 more in the back, but I had them hold one just in case. I told them if I didn't die, I'd be back to purchase it.

They also had a Power Walk listed on page 2 of the Navigator, but that wasn't the same as the 5K.
kcooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #70
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran
 
heatherlynn444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MS Gulf Coast, but born and raised NOLA
Posts: 3,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcooley View Post
Just got off the Fantasy MV. Here's the info from our Navigator:

"Run Disney: Castaway Cay 5K
Meet in O'Gills Pub (12+), Deck 4, Aft, 9:15 a.m.
Runners meet in O'Gills Pub, Deck 4, Aft, at 9:15 a.m. We will depart the ship at 9:30 a.m., and make our way to the Bike Rentals where the run will begin."

That was on page 1.

Page 2 had the same text with the following addition:
"Come cheer on your friends and family as they cross the finish line!"

My wife and I did it and there was a pretty good crowd. Probably around 50-60 or so. There were some kids and they got medals and bibs just like everyone else (although they were older kids, so the 12+ was probably accurate). There were plenty of walkers - myself included. I did the Couch to 5K the hard way - direct! My time was 51:30, so from Couch to 51:30 I guess isn't too bad. I saw the t-shirts prior to the race and they had all sizes at that time. I had them hold an XL for me. They said they had 3 on the rack and 12 more in the back, but I had them hold one just in case. I told them if I didn't die, I'd be back to purchase it.

They also had a Power Walk listed on page 2 of the Navigator, but that wasn't the same as the 5K.
interesting! when I went on the preview cruise they had us meet at 8:45 in O'Gills and we left a few minutes after 9 to start walking.

Congrats on your finish! You deserve that t-shirt! Ours said adult runners and was listed under the adult stuff, so maybe they decided to change it to 12 and up!
__________________
Follow my blog! Going DOPEY 2014!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #71
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran
 
KSDisneyDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 6,469

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcooley View Post
Just got off the Fantasy MV. Here's the info from our Navigator:

"Run Disney: Castaway Cay 5K
Meet in O'Gills Pub (12+), Deck 4, Aft, 9:15 a.m.
Runners meet in O'Gills Pub, Deck 4, Aft, at 9:15 a.m. We will depart the ship at 9:30 a.m., and make our way to the Bike Rentals where the run will begin."

That was on page 1.

Page 2 had the same text with the following addition:
"Come cheer on your friends and family as they cross the finish line!"

My wife and I did it and there was a pretty good crowd. Probably around 50-60 or so. There were some kids and they got medals and bibs just like everyone else (although they were older kids, so the 12+ was probably accurate). There were plenty of walkers - myself included. I did the Couch to 5K the hard way - direct! My time was 51:30, so from Couch to 51:30 I guess isn't too bad. I saw the t-shirts prior to the race and they had all sizes at that time. I had them hold an XL for me. They said they had 3 on the rack and 12 more in the back, but I had them hold one just in case. I told them if I didn't die, I'd be back to purchase it.

They also had a Power Walk listed on page 2 of the Navigator, but that wasn't the same as the 5K.
Thank you so much for this info! I contacted Disney today about the age groups and all they told me was that it would be in the Navigator.

My two oldest boys want to run this with me this June. They are 14 and 17. Prior to your post I had just thought that I'd have them run regardless, based on the posts in this thread about kids running. Why be a "rule" follower when no one else seems to be one (see the multiple dress code/kids in adult area threads). I don't see how a 14 and 17 year old who are bigger than most adults (5'11 and 6'3) will affect anyone else's enjoyment of the run.

Also thanks for the info on the t-shirts. I'll probably have my DW purchase some for the three of us while we're running.
__________________
Me (Christopher) DW DS17 DS15 DS10
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #72
MKRuns 26
Mouseketeer
 
MKRuns 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 84

I ran the 5k on one of the full length Fantasy preview cruises, not one of the condensed preview sailings for TAs. Just like “Kcooley” posted, we gathered at O’Gills Pub at 9:15 to sign in and received our bibs. I arrived at 9 and the pub was full of runners. At 9:30 we headed to the gangway and then to the bike rentals for the race start. I must say good job Disney for changing the start to the bike rentals over the old way of starting at the gangway, this avoids runner, pedestrian accidents. Also it was nice to receive a finishing medal and having a character at the finish line, our character was Donald.
__________________
Disney Fantasy X 5
Disney Dream- x 4
Disney Wonder- X 3
Disney Magic- X 4

WDW- More times then I can count
DL- Soon
MKRuns 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #73
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,320

THis may sound like a stupid question after seeing aerials of Castaway Cay, but is the course pretty flat?
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #74
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran
 
heatherlynn444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MS Gulf Coast, but born and raised NOLA
Posts: 3,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
THis may sound like a stupid question after seeing aerials of Castaway Cay, but is the course pretty flat?
yes extremely.
__________________
Follow my blog! Going DOPEY 2014!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #75
kcooley
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62

So, I keep seeing people who got certificates. On the Fantasy MV we got bibs and medals - no certificates.

Are they not doing certificates any more?

Also, they took a group shot but we never saw a way to purchase a copy. Any ideas?
kcooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.