Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #931
jmsaj
Mouseketeer

The way I look at it is this.......as much as people are used to more ads and per minute points. This is still getting you FREE stuff.....I am not one to complain about that. Maybe they are getting ready to release it to other applications other than Iphone/touch/pads....
jmsaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #932
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_mom View Post
I also just noticed that the Best Buy redemption option is gone, but they have Amazon and Target back - 50,000 points for a $25 gift card.
I hope that doesn't mean my redemption I printed out on Friday won't be honored. Guess I need to run to Best Buy today!

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #933
caravarela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_mom View Post
I also just noticed that the Best Buy redemption option is gone, but they have Amazon and Target back - 50,000 points for a $25 gift card.
Hope they bring BB back as soon as the amazon/Target ones run out. I am new to Viggle and almost had enough for BB. I am bummed I need 15,000 more points to get the same dollar amount for amazon or Target!

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach Pirate Room
November 14: Coronado Springs
caravarela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #934
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post
FYI for those who haven't heard yet- starting today (april 9) points are changing to 1 point per minute- making the bonus checkins and those elusive ads even more important!
Wow, I didn't even know that! But I can't say that I'm surprised. If every user maxed out at 12,000 points per day, Viggle would probably go out of business. That's a little bit shy of a $10 GC every day. So glad Viggle did the point change today and not April 1st, that would have just confused people!

I wonder when Best Buy GCs come back if they will be 50,000 points instead of 37,500....you know, to match the Target and Amazon GCs?

It'll take awhile to reach 50,000 points for those Target GCs now! (I don't know whether to laugh or cry!)

Oh boy, a lot of Viggle members aren't taking this well! I'm reading Twitter as well as Viggle's FB page.

diznee25
Old 04-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #935
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
I hope that doesn't mean my redemption I printed out on Friday won't be honored. Guess I need to run to Best Buy today!
If you already redeemed for a GC, you'll be fine. Viggle running out of BB GCs has nothing to do with Best Buy not accepting an e-gift card that you got a few days ago.

diznee25
Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #936
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Wow - I just got a BestBuy one over the weekend. Glad I didn't wait till this morning to redeem my points. I now have 3 worth $75.00. I was hoping to get at least $100.00 to put toward a Kindle Fire for my birthday in May. Hope they bring them back. If not I guess I could get Target but that is alot more points for the same dollar amount .

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #937
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
Wow - I just got a BestBuy one over the weekend. Glad I didn't wait till this morning to redeem my points. I now have 3 worth $75.00. I was hoping to get at least $100.00 to put toward a Kindle Fire for my birthday in May. Hope they bring them back. If not I guess I could get Target but that is alot more points for the same dollar amount .

Linda
Viggle support said Best Buy cards will be back, they just ran out and ordered more inventory.

diznee25
Old 04-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #938
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
Viggle support said Best Buy cards will be back, they just ran out and ordered more inventory.

diznee25
They'll probably be at a higher point redemption price when they comes back. I think I may stop viggle because it's just taking too much time for me. I watch a lot of TV but it's mostly DVR and going back and forth to check in to live TV drives my husband crazy, lol.

Not complaining, though, it was nice while it lasted! Can't complain when something is free
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #939
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
diznee25, Thanks for posting this! Like others, I will expect that the cards will take more Viggle points to get, but as others have also said, it's "free money" that I wouldn't have access to otherwise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
I think I may stop viggle because it's just taking too much time for me. I watch a lot of TV but it's mostly DVR and going back and forth to check in to live TV drives my husband crazy, lol.
I've figured out how to check-in without having to change the channel... just do a regular check-in but created enough background noise (a low hum or something) so that your device can't detect the program that's actually airing. You have to do that twice and then you can manually search for what you're wanting to check in to. That's the compromise we came up with so I'm not switching channels to let my device do the auto recognition check-in. If I'm the only one watching, I'll switch the channel but if others in my family are also watching, I don't (unless it's a commercial). Like you, we watch a lot of DVRed programs. The thing about Viggle is that it's introducing me to shows I didn't even know were on and now I want to watch!!! (oops, guess it's doing it's job then, right?)

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #940
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
They'll probably be at a higher point redemption price when they comes back. I think I may stop viggle because it's just taking too much time for me. I watch a lot of TV but it's mostly DVR and going back and forth to check in to live TV drives my husband crazy, lol.

Not complaining, though, it was nice while it lasted! Can't complain when something is free
Wow, thanks so much for letting me know this. I understand what you mean about taking alot of time. I will be starting a new job on Monday so I will probably not want to have my phone out all the time checking for ads.

My DH also thinks I am crazy - I am always holding the phone up to the tv. I try to go into our kitchen to check into something if he is watching something on a different station.

Anyone else have a hard time this Saturday checking into TKAM? It took me a good 15 minutes. My SIL and BIL were over and they thought I was crazy. I didn't want to get into the whole Viggle thing with them.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #941
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

I'm out.. less points can be earned yet they want more for a decent reward.. it's not worth my time anymore..

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #942
diznee25
DIS Veteran

I know for myself, as well as others, that we always looked at the 12,000 daily point limit as a goal to reach. But according to Viggle Support, the daily limit is merely an anti-fraud measure. It was never intended to be a number that people could reach.

Very interesting, I had always wondered about that. So with the decreased ads, and 1 point per minute of regular check-ins, I'm guessing that Viggle only wants people to reach maybe 3,000 to 4,000 points daily?

I'm getting all this info from Viggle Support twitter page...interesting how they are responding to many member's questions, gripes, etc.

We should all start posting our daily points just to get an idea of how high we can get. I know for yesterday I didn't crack 5,000 points.

diznee25
Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #943
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

YEAH!!! I just got 2 $25.00 Target GC. I just need 25,000 more to get another one too! It does not bother me that they are changing things. My DH and I are both just happy to be getting some extra income for our Disney trip. I am a stay at home mom and love that I can do little extra things like this to help!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #944
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
diznee25, Thanks for posting this! Like others, I will expect that the cards will take more Viggle points to get, but as others have also said, it's "free money" that I wouldn't have access to otherwise!

I've figured out how to check-in without having to change the channel... just do a regular check-in but created enough background noise (a low hum or something) so that your device can't detect the program that's actually airing. You have to do that twice and then you can manually search for what you're wanting to check in to. That's the compromise we came up with so I'm not switching channels to let my device do the auto recognition check-in. If I'm the only one watching, I'll switch the channel but if others in my family are also watching, I don't (unless it's a commercial). Like you, we watch a lot of DVRed programs. The thing about Viggle is that it's introducing me to shows I didn't even know were on and now I want to watch!!! (oops, guess it's doing it's job then, right?)
Yeah, I figured that out too but sometimes that works and other times not so much. It even recognized the background noise of my classroom as Dr. Oz, which was funny.

I'll probably keep doing it on the nights when my husband isn't home. It'll take me forever to get any gift cards, lol.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #945
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

I had a real hard time getting any points last night so I just stopped. I think I earned about 3,500ish. My DH was watching the Masters so that gave us almost 1,000 for the day.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: