Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Raidra
Mouseketeer

Autograph Book Binding

I'm working on creating some autograph books out of old Disney Golden Books. The idea is to have a page of scrapbook paper facing an illustration from one of the books, and a character can sign their illustration and I can put a photo or journaling on the facing page.

I've seen similar books/journals on Etsy, and they're coil bound with the original Golden Book as the cover. However, when I called Kinko's to inquire about their book binding, they said that they do a clear plastic or vinyl cover because chipboard is too thick for their binding machines.

I'd much rather use the Golden Book cover for my autograph book instead of a clear plastic cover. Any ideas on how this can be accomplished, while still having a polished binding?

Thanks!

Next trip: September 2014

Disney Craft Blog

My Etsy Store: dreamseadesigns
Raidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Lisa
OMG, I think I am going to pee my pants
Where is that evil devil smilie when I need it?
Aside from a near collison with a Tom Turkey flying across the highway the day was great!

Could you alter an actual Golden book? Take an old book and attach your pages to the existing pages of the book.

Let us know what you do in the end. I'd love to see your creation.
Next visit: WDW/DCL 04/15
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Raidra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Could you alter an actual Golden book? Take an old book and attach your pages to the existing pages of the book.

Let us know what you do in the end. I'd love to see your creation.
Well, I'm trying to get most of the characters in there, so I could probably paste pages in, but I don't think I'd be able to close the book.

So far I've got the Fab Five (plus Daisy, Chip & Dale), Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Aristocats, Bambi, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Incredibles, Jungle Book, Lilo & Stitch, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Pocahontas, Princess & the Frog, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Tangled, Tarzan, Up, Winnie the Pooh... and probably a few others I'm forgetting. I also want to have blank pages at the back for characters that don't have Golden Books (Disney Junior characters, Mary Poppins, Darth Vader & Stormtroopers, etc).

Disney Craft Blog

Old 04-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Do you know someone with a bind-it-all or other scrapbooking binding machine? I know my BIA could easily cut through the cover. Maybe a friend with one of those would show you how to use it and let you use it (you may have to buy the right size metal clip for the binding.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Raidra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovew View Post
Do you know someone with a bind-it-all or other scrapbooking binding machine? I know my BIA could easily cut through the cover. Maybe a friend with one of those would show you how to use it and let you use it (you may have to buy the right size metal clip for the binding.
Thank you thank you! That looks perfect.. I don't know anyone IRL who has one (nobody I know does scrapbooking), but since I'm hoping to sell these on Etsy, maybe I'll buy one myself, they're not that expensive!

Thanks so much!

Disney Craft Blog

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: