Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #16
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

I'm here!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #17
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Subscribing! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on England and then your trip to Disneyland Paris.. I've still never been there, even though it's the closest Disney park to me

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #18
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pm. Haven't been on the boards since Friday. I know - , so I plan to do some serious catching up today. Can't wait to read all about this fantastic trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:16 AM   #19
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Looking forward to your TR.

I'm alway interested to hear how people like my home-town!

Although I'm more excited for the DLRP bit as we're staying in the HNY next month.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #21
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip and see all your great photos!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #22
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm here can't wait!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #23
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Hooray!
Can't wait to hear all about it, Sheree!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #24
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Can't wait to read about this one!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I'm in! Sounds great to me so far! Can't wait to hear all the details...
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
I'm in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Yay!! I am so excited!! I can go to London thru y'all now!! LOL!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Couldn't miss this one !
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures and seeing pictures of places I have never seen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Here, Sheree!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
So glad you've started this, I've been looking forward to it

We visited London prior to our DLP trip in 2010 and I added it to the TR. I love re-reading it now, it brings back lots of happy memoires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
My first TR to Disneyland Paris!!! I'm here and ready to go!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm so excited to be reading this TR and I am going to do my very best to keep up. I'm counting on tons of tips and advice so I can start planning my European getaway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Can't wait to hear all about your adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to read all about your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I'm in!! Looking very forward to reading all about your trip!
all my page one friends!! I got so busy this week, I haven't been able to get really going! I'm glad you are here, and should get a "real" update up soon!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #26
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
I'm here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Subscribing! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on England and then your trip to Disneyland Paris.. I've still never been there, even though it's the closest Disney park to me

Emma x
I'll just tell you now, you should go!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thanks for the pm. Haven't been on the boards since Friday. I know - , so I plan to do some serious catching up today. Can't wait to read all about this fantastic trip!
You haven't missed anything yet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Looking forward to your TR.

I'm alway interested to hear how people like my home-town!

Although I'm more excited for the DLRP bit as we're staying in the HNY next month.
I'll try to get to that part quickly so you have some info and pictures, but feel free to ask any questions that you have!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip and see all your great photos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm here can't wait!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Hooray!
Can't wait to hear all about it, Sheree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
all and thanks for joining in! Be patient with me, I'm still organizing pictures and trying to find an hour to get an update together!!! I should be able to do it soon!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

Looking forward to hearing all about it

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #28
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm joining in too! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #29
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Looking forward to hearing all about it
I'm FINALLY going to get started with the actual trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm joining in too! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Hi Brook!! Glad you're along for the ride!!

Update is just about ready...
Old 04-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Here we gooo....

Day One - February 29

Dave and I were both off work – officially on vacation!!! We sent the girls to school since we weren’t leaving until later in the day. We figured they were going to miss 5 days, they could go for half a day today. Dave and I had a few last minute errands to run, so we took off to the bank, the store…
All packed? Pretty much!

We picked up the girls around 1 :00 p.m. My brother came to take us to the airport and we got there with plenty of time. Once we checked our bags, (free since it was international!) we had an hour to spare. We sat and read, looked out the windows at the other planes and waited for ours to arrive.

Once on the plane, we taxied out, but then stopped. The pilot came on and told us that due to bad weather in Philadelphia (where we had to change planes), we were going to be delayed for about 50 minutes. Yup, sat there on the runway. We still hope to get there around 8:10, which is important because our next flight leaves around 9:10!! But I figured, if the weather is bad, all the flights would be delayed, so no big deal.
Paige was nervous about flying, even though she’d done it before. So I told her to read while we sat there.

We're ready to go!!!

Sarah brought an eagle that her teacher gave her (she goes to Eagle Point Elementary school) to come along and keep a journal of our travels. She had to write it from the eagle's point of view! He had some good adventures. I think she said he wrote that he'd never flown so fast! HA!

We finally took off 50 minutes later, and it was a rather bumpy ride. I don’t think we waited long enough for the storms to pass! The landing was horrible! I don’t love landings anyway (other than that I’ve reached the destination), and this was bad – I was sweating through my clothes!!

So we get off the plane and check the boards to see where our connection gate is and find out that it is ON TIME!!! And 2 TERMINALS AWAY!!! We RAN through the airport with our carryons and we got to the gate and there was two people plus a gate agent there. The two people were flying standby and we were the last ones on the plane!!! We just collapsed in our seats.

We were seated in the middle section of the row – it was 2 – 4 – 2 and it was a pretty nice plane. We had t.v. screens on the backs of the seats and you could choose what to watch – movies (new ones!!), t.v. shows, or the route map! You could also listen to music. Our headphones for iphones/ipods worked, so we saved a few bucks by not having to buy them from US Air!
Once we got settled in, they brought around drinks and dinner! A real meal!! It was actually pretty good. It was a smooth flight and we turned on movies, but fell asleep soon after. I managed to watch The Help, which was great! Paige didn’t sleep much. Eventually, they came around with Danish and drinks in the morning when we had about an hour to go.

We had to circle a bit before landing, because, after all, it was London and there was FOG! It was actually a surprise when we touched down, because we couldn’t even see the runway! They must do that a lot, because it was a nice smooth landing. We drove for a while to get to our gate and then we got through customs. And walked about a mile to get out to baggage claim! I think we walked as far as the plane taxied!

Our plane

Not sure if we were supposed to be taking pictures around customs, but we nabbed this one.

WE WERE IN LONDON!!!

My friend Jenny picked us up at the airport and we crammed all our stuff and the 4 of us into her little tiny car – apparently everyone drives small cars there. For a good reason – the roads are SO narrow!! We hardly saw any minivans or SUVs, which seemed weird to us since they are everywhere here, along with pickup trucks.
Anyway she drove us back to their house, which is the cutest thing! They are living in an upscale suburb called Gerrard’s Cross.

Very English looking, don’t you think?

We unloaded our stuff, got a tour of the house and had to take a quick drive to her kids’ school (where she teaches too) because one of the boys forgot his basketball shoes. It’s a very nice private school, mostly for ex-pat families from around the world.
We needed to do something to stay awake, so we took a walk up to the “village”. It was so quaint – they have a little playground, lots of shops, a few restaurants (including a subway – they are everywhere!). I couldn’t believe how nice the weather was - sunny and about 50-60 degrees!

Jenny has two sons, one is the same age as Sarah and one is 13. We didn’t see much of the boys that day, as the older one and Jenny’s husband had basketball practice. We had dinner and relaxed and tried to make plans for our next day! The girls played foosball and we all managed to stay awake. More or less!

Coming up - our first Royal encounter!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: