Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #31
nmb1dsnefan
Earning My Ears

Both DDS 10 & 17 say when I grow up I want to be _____ at Disney World.

When DH says when I retire I'm going to drive a tram in Disney World.

When friends and family only buy you and your family Disney themed gifts.

When every holiday turns into a Disney themed Holiday. Including all the decorations.

When you plan your next next Disney trip before you even go on your next Disney trip.

When the music from When You Wish Upon A Star at the beginning of every Disney movie almost makes you cry.

When you hear a new Disney comercial on TV and you race to catch what it is about!

Could keep going, but I think thats enough crazy for one day lol

2010 SS Villa.....2008 Off site.....2007 CBR.....
nmb1dsnefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #32
bringmethathorizon
Mouseketeer

i thought we were crazy

now i dont feel so bad.
we could check off most of these.
bringmethathorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #33
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

Whenever you're waiting in line anywhere or in the car you play the guess what Disney character I am or guess where in Disney I am game?

You swear at the TV when the Disney 'Good Life' commercials come on because your next Disney vacation isn't for another 2 years.

You debate whether or not to put up the latest Disney property map as the centerpiece wall hanging in your livingroom.

You've converted your entire travel trailer decorations into Disney theme and you don't even take your trailer to Disney anymore.

All of your lawn ornaments are Disney themed.

You have to ask your DD if she wants the Winnie the Pooh blanket or the Minnie Mouse blanket on her bed.

You accidentally go to work in your Mickey Crocs and no one seems to notice!

Family phone ringtones are either - Fantasmic, Spectromagic, Haunted Mansion or It's a Small world!

DD12's screensaver on her phone is "Stay calm, Think about Disney!"

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #34
momofrrr
ILOVEEEYORE

conversation last Friday night at dinner......

DS: "Mom, have you started planning our next vacation yet"

Me: "What vacation?" (we have two kids in college)

DS: "Our next vacation, have you started planning it yet?"

Me: "No, where are we going? "

DS: "Duhhhh Mom, you know we are going to Disney"

Me: "Ya'll don't want to do something else next time? We have a year to explore our options."

DS: "Duh Mom, you know we are going to Disney!!! Is there really any other place?"

Me: "well, OK then....."

DH Me DS (26) DD (22) DD (18)
momofrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #35
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

*I am still considering the property map thing. They are so pretty.

Ok. You know u are a Disney family when instead of asking your daughter if she likes her Easter basket, u ask her if she likes her Disney basket. That one happened today.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???

Last edited by Blackbeltdisneygirl; 04-10-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #36
KelnRon
Mouseketeer

You spend days with a nameless puppy b/c you want the perfect Disney name for him!!

Orlando:

Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #37
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

I responded earlier, but this actually happened this weekend so I felt I should add:

... When both you AND your wife start re-organizing the interior decor to make room for the three new framed attraction posters you got from the Magic Kingdom. ( Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise )

xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #38
Paradise18
DIS Veteran

When the screen saver on our computer is a collage of photos from all of our disney trips over the years that come in and overlap. I go to use the computer and get distracted just sitting there watching the photos. Can't wait to add more.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #39
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise18 View Post
When the screen saver on our computer is a collage of photos from all of our disney trips over the years that come in and overlap. I go to use the computer and get distracted just sitting there watching the photos. Can't wait to add more.
We have 5 computers in our house b/c of the kids being part of a cyber school, and 4 of them have Disney pictures that flash across! My son is the exception to the rule b/c he is obsessed with 70's rock and is a self-taught guitar player, so he usually has something music/guitar related on his screen. The rebel.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #40
family3indisney
Mouseketeer

...... half your jewelery in your jewelery box is Disney related and when your husband asks what you want for your birthday its another piece of Disney jewelery.

family3indisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #41
Camshell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipetotec View Post
I responded earlier, but this actually happened this weekend so I felt I should add:

... When both you AND your wife start re-organizing the interior decor to make room for the three new framed attraction posters you got from the Magic Kingdom. ( Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise )
We have that exact same triptych. We had it nicely framed above our fireplace for a few years, but moved it into our "disney hall gallery" when we bought two new beautiful water colour style prints of the Pirates and Haunted Mansion on our last trip.

The strangest looks our friends and family have given us lately is our cool new tall Jack Skellington collectible figurine in his coffin standing on our piano in the living room. I guess it freaks people out a little, but we just love him

Also, I gave my husband $60 on his birthday so he could go buy a 1937 Snow White Doll at the antique store downtown that he had been eyeing. He was thrilled! Our friends and family weren't even suprised by this???

'78 DL, '89 DL, '96 Tokyo DL, '01 DL, '05 DL, '09 DL, '11 WDW, '12 Aulani, '12 DL, '13 WDW, '15 Aulani

Camshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #42
MrIncrediDad
Earning My Ears

- Just bought a new truck and my wife says "This would be good for driving down to Disney"
-All coffee is served in resort travel mugs
-Small toys are stored in Disney popcorn buckets
- Every time a Disney movie starts my 2.5yr old DD sees the castle logo and screams "Disney World, I go there when I'm 3 and my brother is 1."
- Every time my 10month old DS sees Mickey he explodes with joy

NOV-93-Offsite*JUN-02-CR*JUN-04-CR*JUN-05-WL*JUL-08-WL*APR-09-SSR*JUL-10-AKL CL*DEC-10-AKL*NOV-11-AKL*JUL-12-AKL*JUL-14-AKL*
MrIncrediDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #43
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

We definitely have the "let's talk about what to do on our next trip" conversation... Daily!

... When your ask dh at dinner how his day at work was and ds (who was 3 at the time) says "did you earn money for disney?!?!"

... When you take your son to the doctors for four year old check ups and he has to get shots and are told the next ones won't be til he's 11 and you explain that it's 7 more years in terms of Disney "7 more trips, not until you're "rock n roller coaster tall" etc (and others think you're all nuts when he repeats it.

... When you pass the park and fly lot on the way home and ds asks "can we go to Disney tonight?"

... When you are taking about living on the planet earth with your toddler and he asks "is disney on the earth too?"

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #44
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

Most of what everyone said sounds like us. We also named our van Minnie after Daisy had to say goodbye from our family. I cried when we let our first van go. It took us to Dinsey for the first time and created such great memories.
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
PrincessMom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #45
tina.tina
DIS Veteran

When you try to borrow quarters from the Disney Jug for the car wash and the kids run downstairs screaming "Daddy, Mommy's stealing the Disney money." Then, DH says, "Use these dollar bills in the change machine at the car wash and leave the Disney money in there. Every penny counts."

We also see hidden Mickey's everywhere. When DS6 tries to tell other people he sees a hidden Mickey, they don't seem to have a clue!
tina.tina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: