Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #1546
charmama4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
That sounds heavenly!! Onions don't bother me, one of the perks of wearing contacts. LOL Let me know when you have it and we can make arrangements to get together. Altho I will say I'm basically busy until next week.....lol
the kids and I are taking a break next week. I can grab a tube and meet ya at the Disney Store. Pick a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
That's one thing I miss about growing up in SoCal. We were always taking little road trips, even sometimes just for the day. Up to Mt. Wilson, to Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, Santa Monica, etc. Nothing but desert here.
Then again, with the traffic and high gas prices, I guess even if I was still in SoCal I probably wouldn't be doing much driving.

I've only been to San Fran once and it was a couple years ago, so I'm not much help. But, I just wanted to say have a great kids-free time!!! Hope you get lots of tv watching time in. (that's Diva code for...well, you know...
I like visiting socal now. since I moved away it just became to congested with people. Living in Wyoming for 5 years spoiled me with wide open spaces. Gas prices are a joke down there as well as up here.

Yes, I hope their are lots of some good TV shows playing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Charlene, Look into staying at the Villa Florence. Right smack dab in the middle of Union Square. Great service, and the restaurant right by the hotel lobby is absolutely fabulous, called Kuletos. It also a little counter service in the front, that serves fresh sandwiches, breakfast, fruit tarts, pastries, and so on. Wonderful caprese sandwiches. The chocolate cannoli from the restaurant are divine. So good that I have tried to find a copy cat recipe. I could go on. I have to admit that most of the time I have been in San Fran, it was to shop. but I have seen some good plays, and have done the touristy thing also. Have fun!!

Kuletos....cannoli.....now on my list

Katie, Having the kids at your house is wonderful, cuz you know where they are. But, I can see how it is having it's toll on you. The kids must like you and feel comfortable to want to stay with you. So maybe you can set some rules. Tell them that you like having them over, but you and Laila need your sleep. Give them some boundaries. 18 kids is just too much!!!Way too hard to keep track of! !! That's just plain nuts! Not to mention the food you are going through! Anywhos, giving advise is easy. Being able to actually follow through and doing it is hard. And you have probably given this plenty of thought already. Big hugs to you. You are doing a great job so far as a single mom. Keep your chin up.
Boundries...yes....boundries....they are a wonderful thing!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Aw Jen- so sorry you have to go throug this. Counseling is the way to go - maybe ask your pastor for a recommendation. Just make sure it is someone that you feel comfortable with and trust your instincts! You have to do what is right for you. Much hugs and kisses to you - let me know if I can help you in any way.
I agree and more hugs Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
I just might be getting my first Dooney. I really like this one. So, should I treat myself?
just darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi_Luvs_Disney View Post
Charlene, try travelzoo on the internet. I always find good hotel deals with them. I looked and they are running a special for Villa Florence right now. I think that's the one Mel mentioned. Also, sign up for the bay area emails groupon and living social. You should be able to get some good deals. I have a friend I travel with that always finds us good places to eat from the "Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins" show.

My vision for this trip was to stay at a real small hotel and eat where the locals eat. I found groupon (thanks Beth) and already have it looking for deals in San Fran. On too finding "Diners, Dives ad Drive-Ins" Thanks for the suggestions
Take care all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I actually have a moment where I'm not working/sleeping so I can come say hello!!
how's it going?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #1547
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
I actually have a moment where I'm not working/sleeping so I can come say hello!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmama4 View Post
the kids and I are taking a break next week. I can grab a tube and meet ya at the Disney Store. Pick a day
How about Wednesday? It would have to be around 5.....I can PM you my cell if you want.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #1548
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
how's it going?
It's been going and going and going, haha. Life is good, but exhausting right now.

Quote:
Hiya!

Blogging about life and Disney
Live Well - Laugh Often - Run Disney

Old 04-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #1549
charmama4
DIS Veteran

Quote:

How about Wednesday? It would have to be around 5.....I can PM you my cell if you want.
That would be fun!!

Quote:
It's been going and going and going, haha. Life is good, but exhausting right now.
good, good, good. rest when ya can!! take care.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #1550
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Hello Ladies!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter weekend.
I get off at 2 pm and I cannot wait.

Andrea - your son is adorable.

Congrats to Trudi and Sarah.

And I love that D&B retro bag, super cute!

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 04-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #1551
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Here's our picture from MouseAdventure (not sure how big this will be so I apologize if it's HUGE):

Old 04-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #1552
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Super cute photo, Stacie!

So, here's the latest chapter in hubby's "employment drama". Last week he worked Tuesday - Friday. On Wednesday, the boss told him he would start on the payroll as an EMPLOYEE this Monday (April 2). Last Friday he didn't have time to do the HR paperwork, so he said, no problem, we'll do it Monday. So, Russ shows up for work Monday morning. Boss comes in, gets called into a meeting up in Napa and is gone for the rest of the day. *sigh* Russ goes back to work Tuesday. Mid morning, he sees one of the guys carrying a box to his car and the boss pokes his head in and tells Russ that he just let Scott go. Scott was Russ' boss at his previous job and how he found this company in the first place. Asked Russ if he's going to be OK working there still. Russ says no problem. Boss is too busy Tuesday to do HR paperwork. Says they will do it Wednesday. *sigh* So, Wednesday around 9:30AM the boss gets a call from his kid's school - come get your kid, they've got pink eye. So he has to go and pick up kid and stay home with them since he can't take the kid to daycare with pink eye. *sigh*. Yesterday, boss comes into Russ' office and tells him that hiring protocol from the home office is that they are required to run an ad before they can officially hire anyone. An ad gets run in Alaska (where the home office is) and locally. Ad ran today. Husband is billing for a full week of consulting, plus mileage. HR paperwork now moved to Monday. *sigh* He went to a meeting up at the Napa jobsite today and it looks like he will be up there on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for at least the foreseeable future. The fun times never end, I tell ya.

Last edited by LisaCat; 04-06-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #1553
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
That would be fun!!

good, good, good. rest when ya can!! take care.
Ok, Wednesday night, I'll send you my number as soon as I post this.

I didn't go to the concert last night, I was so tired I just didn't feel it. So I stayed home and did my nails (photos on FB) with a fun spring green color. Tonight I'm going to see Eden's Edge tho, it should be fun!! I'm looking forward to it. I have a few things I have to do after work and then I have to get home and get ready. Micah was supposed to meet me for dinner last night but he didn't get home until 10 so needless to say I ate without him, which annoyed me very much because the reason he was so late was avoidable. So he wants to go out tonight for dinner, but I have a limited time frame and still need to pack for tomorrow, I may just tell him we have to do it next week. Especially since it's Friday and wherever we go will have a wait.....
Man, the week just went by so fast.......

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 04-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #1554
Califgirl

VMK MVP
I heart my DIS VMK friends
Looked for Stitch, but found Huck Springs!

More Mouse Adventure Divas. We had a blast this spring. Any other Divas play MA card games in March? Amy & Stacie, did your team sit it out this time?

Old 04-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #1555
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Love the MA pictures !

Lisa, what a mess huh? Yikes !

Taking a trip down to Disneyland tomorrow for a little Granddaughter shopping. So glad I can buy pink!
A little shopping, some lunch then back home.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #1556
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Stacie and Chris cute pics!!

Lisa what a nightmare. I hope it all gets sorted out soon!!

Trudi how fun. I would LOVE to be able to do that but doubt it would fare well on my pocket book LOL. And I LOVE that new Dooney. I SO want one of the wristlets. I have been dropping hints that that is what I would like for my birthday and we are going in June a few weeks later so we shall see.

I agree this week has just flown and we didn't even do that much but such is life I suppose.

We have a TON of stuff coming up too with the girls sports and school stuff so hopefully it will make the rest of the year fly by!! I am ready for summer break.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and EASTER!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
Old 04-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #1557
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Quote:

See you in 2014 then!
I'll be a senior in high school then. It'll depend on my school schedule.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
Old 04-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #1558
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post

Trudi how fun. I would LOVE to be able to do that but doubt it would fare well on my pocket book LOL. And I LOVE that new Dooney. I SO want one of the wristlets. I have been dropping hints that that is what I would like for my birthday and we are going in June a few weeks later so we shall see.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and EASTER!!
Keep dropping those hints !

Today was really nice, low crowds and great warm weather. A perfect day in the parks !
Old 04-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #1559
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello ladies!!!

I hope you are all having a good weekend. I can't believe tomorrow is Easter! This week went by so fast. I think the kids had a fun time. And I am pretty proud of finding things to keep them busy. Everything we did, we used coupons/discounts. Still pricey with four kids. But better than it would have been otherwise. And at least we had fun family time. I suppose that's priceless.

Everyone have a wonderful Easter tomorrow!! Enjoy time with family and friends.

Now time to catch up a bit with a mega multi-quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Justin and I were discussing our vacation plans for this fall and thought it would be a good idea to take my mom with us. As you all know, she's been taking care of my dad for a long time and hasn't had a vacation in, well, forever.
That's great. What a nice idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fosterkids View Post
Beth I didn't know you worked there! LOL Even if it was short term...you can still say you've been a CM
Well, it was very short term, lol, but yes, I suppose technically I can say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fosterkids View Post
Life's been crazy around here. Parker is doing a little better each day, which is good. Just taking one day at a time.
Easter has really snuck up on me. I usually decorate and we have a big easter egg decorating party. This year its not going to happen. All my Easter boxes are still in the rafters We are going to take my mom to brunch on Balboa Island, to her favorite restaurant, then going to my bother's in the afternoon, then I work that night. Kids are off next week, but we don't have any big plans for the week. My niece wants to have them over for a sleepover...which I'm hoping works out
I'm glad that Parker is doing better. I hope you all have a nice Easter. Your plans sound really nice. I love Balboa Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I just signed up for my first Mud Run! I'm excited and nervous! It's a 5K (3.1 miles) with obstacles and MUD!
You go girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Yes 18 is way too much and I told my kids never again unless it's for a birthday party or something. For the last 2 months each weekend the number just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I guess I should be flattered everyone wants to hang out at our place...
Be flattered..... then send them all home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
We're up and down. Honestly it's been, well, actually pretty hard. Everyone says that's normal, so hopefully they're not just saying that.
Thinking of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPinup View Post
Thanks for all of your support ladies After a night away (him, not me) we had a long talk this morning and things are looking better. He brought me flowers and I can tell he truly wants to work things out.
Good news. I hope it all works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi_Luvs_Disney View Post
We booked our stay at the Grand and I'm really looking forward to getting back to DL. We got this cute little personalized planner in the mail today. It's set up like the monorail and has maps in it, restaurant info and hotel info. Darn...I wish it wasn't 2 months away.
Sounds like a blast! Hope the 2 months zooms by for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
So I had my group interview today. It was really fun. Seriously fun! But they are interviewing a total of 30 people to hire 2 part time CM's. Not sure if I will make the final cut. I should know soon enough.
Fingers crossed!!

Quote:
Hi Miss Jessica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Here's our picture from MouseAdventure (not sure how big this will be so I apologize if it's HUGE):

Great pic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
So, here's the latest chapter in hubby's "employment drama".
Oh good grief, Lisa. That is nuts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califgirl View Post
More Mouse Adventure Divas.

Another great pic!! I know you, MJ and Lesley... not sure on the last one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post

Taking a trip down to Disneyland tomorrow for a little Granddaughter shopping. So glad I can buy pink!
A little shopping, some lunch then back home.
Happy girly-girl shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I'll be a senior in high school then. It'll depend on my school schedule.
A senior...wow. Fun year. Hard to miss school in the upper grades if I remember correctly. But lots of fun school events to look forward to!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #1560
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Happy Easter ladies! We just finished coloring more eggs! Brooke loved it, a lot!!! The baskets are (which I keeping calling stockings) are stuffed, eggs are ready & now just waiting forth bunny to visit!
When did Easter become a mini Christmas??

Capri- I have stayed at Worldmark Anahiem, 3 times in 4 different rooms.
Presidential Suite, super nice! Stainless everything, computer, jacuzzi tub, 3 bathrooms, wrap around balcony, more room than you could imagine!! 1 bedroom that was spacious too. 2 bedroom that was a bigger than the 2 bedroom at the Grand. All had full kitchens, across from a friendly 7-11, and Garden Walk. You can watch the fire works from the roof. Friendly staff, and very clean!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: