Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #871
roberrl187
Avid Lurker
 
roberrl187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Bristol, CT
Posts: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
You're welcome. How exciting! The park should be low crowds too and the weather should be pleasant too. How many days will you be staying for? Are you doing a trip report?
I'm heading to San Diego for a software conference from4/15-4/20 and couldn't loose the chance to go to DL. I'm staying at the Carousel Inn 4/20-23 and leaving out of LAX at 9pm. I'm beyond excited, but a bit nervous. I've never done any parks by myself. I got my tickets and confirmations in the mail last week and I just keep looking at them. The park hopper has Luigi and the other french car from Cars on the front.

I've never written a trip report. Usually it's 10 days at WDW and that would be a huge report. I'm not really good at keeping details of my time. I always start good and then droop off as the days go by.
__________________
Bec


roberrl187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #872
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberrl187 View Post
I'm heading to San Diego for a software conference from4/15-4/20 and couldn't loose the chance to go to DL. I'm staying at the Carousel Inn 4/20-23 and leaving out of LAX at 9pm. I'm beyond excited, but a bit nervous. I've never done any parks by myself. I got my tickets and confirmations in the mail last week and I just keep looking at them. The park hopper has Luigi and the other french car from Cars on the front.

I've never written a trip report. Usually it's 10 days at WDW and that would be a huge report. I'm not really good at keeping details of my time. I always start good and then droop off as the days go by.

Oh how fun!! San Diego too!!


I have heard good things about the Carousel. I would be excited too. One thing about Disneyland is that it is smaller than WDW from what I have heard so it shouldn't be quite as daunting.

The park hoppers sound cute! It is the big build up to Cars Land. Be sure and ride the Little Mermaid ride in DCA. That has become one of my favorites, it and Monsters Inc. So cute!


I have friends that go by themselves. Disney are among the few places that I would want to go by myself.


I am really bad about trip reports. This is the first time I have followed through completely with final thoughts. So don't feel alone about that.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #874
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,851

Finally caught up! Great TR Michele. I am glad you had so much fun and that WBG did too. It looks like you did lots of things you hadn't before as well as lots of fun new things. I will take note of sitting on that bench to people watch, it looked like a great view to do that. I am glad to have followed along, and I am heading over to your new one as soon as I can.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #875
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Finally caught up! Great TR Michele. I am glad you had so much fun and that WBG did too. It looks like you did lots of things you hadn't before as well as lots of fun new things. I will take note of sitting on that bench to people watch, it looked like a great view to do that. I am glad to have followed along, and I am heading over to your new one as soon as I can.
Thank you Andrea!! See you there!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #876
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,257

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Now for my closing thoughts, this was a great trip. It was our best. This is the trip where WBG discovered the love of Disneyland and DCA. He used to go on the trips because he knew how much I loved it but he never truly understood the love. I am glad to say that he now has that love. Since we have come home from our trip he has looked at pictures of DLR online. This is huge. Now we both have APs and that is huge because it was his idea.

I realize that the Ayres Hotel is a long way from the actual resort but I loved it and it is the only place I will stay at. We didn't hear any of our neighbors, we didn't hear kids running down the hallway either. It wasn't because there weren't kids in the hotel either. There was a high school band staying there at the time we were and I didn't even realize it until the morning we left. I love a quiet hotel. Sitting downstairs in the lobby was a pleasure. There was a fire in the fireplace and it is just a cozy place to be. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel.

We visited more characters than we have since the kids we little, and you know what I love, love, loved it!! Next trip we will do the same thing. Maybe I can even get the kids to join in a few. It was great fun to be a kid. I can hardly wait to go to DCA with the walls down. The changes that are coming are going to be great. I have begrudgingly fallen in love with DCA. The first time or two I went I was kind of meh about the park. I was part of the "it's just not Disneyland" group of people. Now I am part of the "I'm glad it's not Disneyland" group now. Yes there are the Disney touches every where but it is it's own park. Yay!!

Thank you for joining me on this trip and I hope that you join me on our next trip report. I plan on starting that pre-trip soon, but first I need to ask SherryE about a word I was going to put in the title. I don't remember it.
Ciao for now!!
I liked the pictures of Mickey's house! I hadn't seen them before.

How cute, that they have Mickey's Baby shoes, too.

I like your disney bag, by the way.

Wow -- that Lily Belle is beautiful -- what a better choice than wicker furniture.

So glad that WBG developed a love for Disney on this trip! And that you guys got AP -- so much nicer to go in and out the parks as you wish ... and more importantly, to plan another vacation before it expires!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #877
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I liked the pictures of Mickey's house! I hadn't seen them before.

How cute, that they have Mickey's Baby shoes, too.

I like your disney bag, by the way.

Wow -- that Lily Belle is beautiful -- what a better choice than wicker furniture.

So glad that WBG developed a love for Disney on this trip! And that you guys got AP -- so much nicer to go in and out the parks as you wish ... and more importantly, to plan another vacation before it expires!!

I think the theming in Mickey's house is wonderful. The baby shoes are a really nice touch.


Oh thank you! It is great for shopping too. I am planning to take it next trip too.


I love the Lily Belle. And I agree the wicker wouldn't have been nearly as nice. I think that the car is so rich looking. It was so nice to sit and listen to the stories. The CM we had truly loves trains and is so knowledgeable that it made the ride that much more fun.


I couldn't be more thrilled that WBG finally gets it. He finally is excited about going and doesn't just say, "whatever you want honey." That just drove me nuts.


Have you started a new pre trip report for your mommy daughter trip?
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #878
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,324

Just finished reading your TR. I'm glad you came back and finished it! Thanks for including a Lilly Belle ticket. I don't remember ever seeing a picture of that before. I'm glad you had such a great trip. Have fun planning the next one.
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #879
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Just finished reading your TR. I'm glad you came back and finished it! Thanks for including a Lilly Belle ticket. I don't remember ever seeing a picture of that before. I'm glad you had such a great trip. Have fun planning the next one.

Hi there!! Thank you and you're welcome. I love the Lily Belle tickets. I am enjoying planning it. We have nine of us going on our next trip, it should be quite a trip.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #880
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,257

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I think the theming in Mickey's house is wonderful. The baby shoes are a really nice touch.


Oh thank you! It is great for shopping too. I am planning to take it next trip too.


I love the Lily Belle. And I agree the wicker wouldn't have been nearly as nice. I think that the car is so rich looking. It was so nice to sit and listen to the stories. The CM we had truly loves trains and is so knowledgeable that it made the ride that much more fun.


I couldn't be more thrilled that WBG finally gets it. He finally is excited about going and doesn't just say, "whatever you want honey." That just drove me nuts.


Have you started a new pre trip report for your mommy daughter trip?
No, PTR yet. Hoping to get to it soon!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #881
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
No, PTR yet. Hoping to get to it soon!

Oh I hope so. I look forward to reading it.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #882
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,379

Oh my gosh Michelle, great time to sign in when you are finished! AND a new trip with NINE of you??? BRAVE lady! I am glad you had such an amazing time, that is what it is all about!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #883
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Oh my gosh Michelle, great time to sign in when you are finished! AND a new trip with NINE of you??? BRAVE lady! I am glad you had such an amazing time, that is what it is all about!
Better late than never! We did have an amazing time! Thank you.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #884
DisneyMarvelStarWars
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyMarvelStarWars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 350

I'm going through old TRs because I enjoy reading them, and am getting excited about my upcoming trip.

Great photos! I love that Mickey poncho! You have tempted me with ears, I may want to start a collection of my own.

Off to read your next TR!
__________________
I love pirates and princesses and superheroes and Star Wars

Walt Disney Family Museum Member
DisneyMarvelStarWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #885
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarvelStarWars View Post
I'm going through old TRs because I enjoy reading them, and am getting excited about my upcoming trip.

Great photos! I love that Mickey poncho! You have tempted me with ears, I may want to start a collection of my own.

Off to read your next TR!

Hi! Thank you for your kind words. That trip ended up not happening. I have a few that were before this one.

I loved my Mickey poncho. They don't sell them anymore and it breaks my heart. That one got destroyed in a fire in our house. I love the ears and next trip I will be replacing all of them. Go for it on the ears! They are a lot of fun and when you get the after trip blues you can pull them out and wear them.

Your trip is so close. I hope you have a blast!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.