Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Haloween 2012

Hi guys after some advice, comin to Disney and staying at Saratoga springs for haloween and have asked or a room in the Congrees park area.
Now I have two questions,
1) Which room in congress park will give me a view of downtown Disney were staying in a one bed villa.
2) when do Disney start selling the special boo to you tickets and how does someone in the uk buy them.

Seen the universal ones for sale but not disney, not been for haloween came nd stayed last Christmas and it was amazing can not wait for haloween 2012.

If you have any tips ect it would be great.

Thanks for any advice.
Jkarrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkarrows View Post
Hi guys after some advice, comin to Disney and staying at Saratoga springs for haloween and have asked or a room in the Congrees park area.
Now I have two questions,
1) Which room in congress park will give me a view of downtown Disney were staying in a one bed villa.
2) when do Disney start selling the special boo to you tickets and how does someone in the uk buy them.

Seen the universal ones for sale but not disney, not been for haloween came nd stayed last Christmas and it was amazing can not wait for haloween 2012.

If you have any tips ect it would be great.

Thanks for any advice.
Hello and to the DIS!

From what I understand, the tix for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) will go on sale on or around May 1st. Dates have not yet been announced, but you can pretty much figure any day that MK closes at 7 p.m. in Sept/Oct is a Halloween Party day (except for Nights of Joy, which is in early Sept, two days back to back).

I believe the number you call for tix is 1-407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529). I don't know of another number you could call from the UK specifically - sorry.

HTH and enjoy your vacation!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Some tips? If you really want to have fun, everyone going, regardless of age, should have a costume. They do have rules for adult costumes and I believe they are listed somewhere here on the Disboards. For example, if you dress as a Disney character, you can't act like you are a CM (Employee) and give autographs or let Guests get their photo taken with you. You can't act like you are a Disney person. But, being in costume makes it so much more fun for adults as well as kids. I've seen some amazing adult costumes. Also, of course, nothing threatening or in bad taste should be done. My costume was very simple, but it added to the whole Halloween experience and definitely made the night more enjoyable. Take an extra trick or treat bag with you as the one they give you is small and it will fill up quickly. They sold nice ones in the parks for about $2.50 (or about one British pound) in 2010 and I still have mine to use over and over and it's plenty big. Get your tickets as soon as you are sure of your trip dates and have made your reservations because the party is very popular and dates can sell out rather quickly. Finally, let the kid in you out and HAVE FUN!

mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Thanks guys, yes we have already booked dates going last nine days of October and first nine days on November so we can enjoy the haloween and Christmas experience at Disney.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Be aware that if you go right on Halloween night, it will be very crowded.

mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
Ok thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

If you do choose to wear a costume, keep in mind that Florida is hot. Even in October.

We went in 2010 and just wore Halloween themed t-shirts and had a blast!
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbobunny View Post
If you do choose to wear a costume, keep in mind that Florida is hot. Even in October.

We went in 2010 and just wore Halloween themed t-shirts and had a blast!
Again thanks for the advice
Old 04-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if the universal horror night will be suitable for my 12 and half year old, we think he will be fine but we have not been before.

Also we are based in the uk can we buy Disney boo to you tickets in the uk in advance and if so where.

Again many thanks for your advice.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if the universal horror night will be suitable for my 12 and half year old, we think he will be fine but we have not been before.

Also we are based in the uk can we buy Disney boo to you tickets in the uk in advance and if so where.

Again many thanks for your advice.
Hi we are from the Uk also i dont believe there is anywhere in particular to buy the Halloween tickets from,we got ours when we got to Disney so that we didnt commit to a day when raining!
Also we have done the Universal horror nights and found them to be EXTREME its blood guts and gore EVERYWHERE!....They had non so nice fairytales so red riding hood had the wolfs head and guts in her basket another head her stomach ripped out and if your going to do the Horror Houses these are even worse actors jump out at you and there make-up outfits are very realistic plus its long waits to get into the houses I.E all around an hour que some 90 or more mins
there was guys with chainsaws running up to you,I have 3 boys aged 7,7,10 and when they are 12 i wont be taking them.You need to know your child very well and what they can handle im not sure if there is a age limit on the entry??
MNSSHP on the other hand is brilliant we did it last time and loved it so much we are going again!
P.s Im 26 and hubby in 30 and we enjoy horror movies etc and arent wimps

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
Hi we are from the Uk also i dont believe there is anywhere in particular to buy the Halloween tickets from,we got ours when we got to Disney so that we didnt commit to a day when raining!
Also we have done the Universal horror nights and found them to be EXTREME its blood guts and gore EVERYWHERE!....They had non so nice fairytales so red riding hood had the wolfs head and guts in her basket another head her stomach ripped out and if your going to do the Horror Houses these are even worse actors jump out at you and there make-up outfits are very realistic plus its long waits to get into the houses I.E all around an hour que some 90 or more mins
there was guys with chainsaws running up to you,I have 3 boys aged 7,7,10 and when they are 12 i wont be taking them.You need to know your child very well and what they can handle im not sure if there is a age limit on the entry??
MNSSHP on the other hand is brilliant we did it last time and loved it so much we are going again!
P.s Im 26 and hubby in 30 and we enjoy horror movies etc and arent wimps
Ok thanks found the universal tickets which gives you a 14 day multiple return so may go for those, watched a clip on you tube and both my boys laughed so think its all good, thanks for the reply.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #12
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Please See This Post http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919299 For Official Detailed Information for MNSSHP!

Please See This Post http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919293 For Official Detailed Information for MVMCP!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
Is it more crowded then Christmas day as we were there last Christmas and it was packed but we still had a great time?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #14
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Please See This Post http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919299 For Official Detailed Information for MNSSHP!

Please See This Post http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919293 For Official Detailed Information for MVMCP!
Thanks for the link, trying to decide if to go on haloween night? Will I need to get the tickets in advance do you know, do they sell out before the date?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the link, trying to decide if to go on haloween night? Will I need to get the tickets in advance do you know, do they sell out before the date?
Anyone?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: