Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
nannye
DIS Veteran

Is there an email address for lost and found?

Just wondering as last summer we lost a pair of shoes leaving wishes. didn't realize until V was walking onto the bus without shoes! I checked lost and found then, but no luck so I thought i might try it again and email a pic of the shoes if possible since we will head down in july. they were croc flip flops. Her first time wearing them! I felt horrible when I told her mom they were lost.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
chartle
DIS Veteran

Just checking, you lost these shoes last summer?

If so, I'm pretty sure they are long gone to some thrift store or the trash. That's amusing they ever got to lost and found as a pair.

I can't imagine them saving anything more than say 30 days. By then most people would be back home and figured out they lost them.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Disney only keeps low-value items for 30 days, and high-value items for 90 days at Central L&F until they are disposed of. And depending on the items, they are either trashed, donated to a non-profit organization, or sold at a very deep discount to Cast Members. Certain items, such as cash or jewelry turned in, are paid out or given to the Cast Member who turned them in once the 90 days have elapsed..

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
vickalamode
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Disney only keeps low-value items for 30 days, and high-value items for 90 days at Central L&F until they are disposed of. And depending on the items, they are either trashed, donated to a non-profit organization, or sold at a very deep discount to Cast Members. Certain items, such as cash or jewelry turned in, are paid out or given to the Cast Member who turned them in once the 90 days have elapsed..
This!

One of my co-worker's at the All Star Resort was emptying a hallway trash bin once and noticed a large sum of CASH (in the thousands) in a trash bin...IDK what kind of sketchy business was going down with whoever "threw it away", but she turned it in and nobody ever claimed it and she got to keep the money. She was thrilled Whoever was doing some sketchy business, was, I'm sure, less than thrilled. Hah!

Disney Trips...
1997-1998-2001-2002-2005-2007-2009-2010-2011

My Rapunzel and Flynn Rider Costumes for MNSSHP

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere, I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand, to have someone understand, I want so much more than they've got planned."
vickalamode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
nannye
DIS Veteran

Ok I won't bother then, tho I had heard of People getting things returned to them over a year later.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: