Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #1531
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBandA View Post
Leaving tomorrow for CSR I will be taking the train and getting a taxi to CSR will I be able to get help to take my luggage to my room? Just DS16 and I, DH has had enough of Disney wait till he sees what he is missing out on.
Yes, CSR has bell services. Enjoy your trip!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #1532
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
Thanks! I would be willing to move the next day to be able to get the area we want. We stayed in the back side of Cabana 8A on our last trip and it was perfect!

The only reason I am stressing it now is because when we initially made our ressie we asked for a room request for Cabana 8A to be noted and the CM said of course! We assumed it had been done. Then a few months later we called to make a payment and asked the CM if there were any requests noted and they have said no, no requests are listed, would you like me to add one? So we added the request again. Last time we called to pay it all off and asked again, just to be sure if any requests were listed and again were told no, nothing. Ugh, it has been frustrating to say the least. I think I will fax and if it's not granted then we will ask again at check-in.
Strange! I just went and checked both the emails they sent me for my upcoming May and Sept trips and also checked them on the WDW site. My email for the May CSR trip says 'Ground floor requested--not guaranteed' then just below that it says 'Req Cabanas if available'. The one for my Sept trip at POFQ says 'Ground floor requested--not guaranteed' and just below that it says 'Req Bld 5 or 2'. When I checked both reservations under 'My Reservations' on the WDW site both just say 'Ground floor requested' and nothing is mentioned about any specific area. Requests are noted in both places though.

Oh no, if I'm stuck out in those Ranchos you'll probably hear me squeal all the way from Florida to Texas. Not really, just kidding (sort of). For some reason I have an absolute horror of being placed out there, I like the Casitas, love the Cabanas, but absolutely loathe the Ranchos.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-04-2012 at 04:29 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #1533
aubriee

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Cabana 8A is our favorite spot! Cabana 8B and Ranchos 7B are also good for proximity to the Dig Site and not too far from the bus stop.
I think Cabana 8A is everyone's favorite spot! I know I ask for it everytime I check in and the CM always says that's their most requested building. Of course why wouldn't it be. It's close to the main pool, close to bus stop 4, and not far from the food court. That's the building I'm hoping for in about 31 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hello, I have a question regarding room location. Which area do you think is best for 2 adults, no kids, with no interest in pool at all, wanting a quiet and romantic spot? I want to make a request when I add my package on in June. TIA -Amanda

For two adults with no interest in the pool, I'd ask for Casitas 4 or 5. You'd be close to bus stop 2 (which is the first stop), the quiet pool would be close in case you changed your mind, health club is right there, and the fountains in the Casitas are lovely.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-05-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #1534
gobraves39560
Mouseketeer

I just saw that there is a beauty pageant when we are there at the end of May, early June. It seems like a big convention.. maybe not though?? What kind of affect would this have on our vacation? Busses, crowds, etc.
Our 2010 vacation to the World.. Port Orleans with QSDP w/ lots of pics!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2484978

Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #1535
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Strange! I just went and checked both the emails they sent me for my upcoming May and Sept trips and also checked them on the WDW site. My email for the May CSR trip says 'Ground floor requested--not guaranteed' then just below that it says 'Req Cabanas if available'. The one for my Sept trip at POFQ says 'Ground floor requested--not guaranteed' and just below that it says 'Req Bld 5 or 2'. When I checked both reservations under 'My Reservations' on the WDW site both just say 'Ground floor requested' and nothing is mentioned about any specific area. Requests are noted in both places though.

Oh no, if I'm stuck out in those Ranchos you'll probably hear me squeal all the way from Florida to Texas. Not really, just kidding (sort of). For some reason I have an absolute horror of being placed out there, I like the Casitas, love the Cabanas, but absolutely loathe the Ranchos.
Believe me I would be making that same squeal because I too loathe the ranchos. It just doesn't float my boat whatsoever. I just totally fell in love with our room location last time, so quiet facing the walkway between the cabanas and ranchos, 30 second stroll to the bus stop, 1 minute to the pool. It was perfection. My mother is coming with us too and has some back problems so she needs to take a lot of breaks and what not, I am just hoping we don't get put too far from the things we need to get to.

After we asked for it to be noted on our reservation and received our confirmation email with NO requests listed anywhere I made my DH call again. Of course he thought I was being silly and a worry wort but if that's the only way to make a request and it's not listed....then that's a problem! I was so mad that not one but 2 different CM's said it was noted on our reservation and it actually wasn't.
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
Old 04-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #1536
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Ranchos 7B is actually a nice location, especially if you have a room around the quiet pool, but yeah, the rest of Ranchos is out there aways. They seem to be quite willing to accommodate at checkin time, but I guess it depends how full the resort is.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #1537
andieb0602
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Panchito's sells cases of water? DH and I are debating placing an order with Garden Grocer vs. just buying supplies at the resort. If I have Garden Grocer deliver prior to our check-in will there be a charge by the resort? I swear I read somewhere that there was but now I can't remember where I saw it...

Our Anniversary trip is an excuse so we can book a bounceback!

Me, DH, DD(7) DS(4)
5/2012 - Our first ever, super-surprise trip to the World at CSR!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #1538
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobraves39560 View Post
I just saw that there is a beauty pageant when we are there at the end of May, early June. It seems like a big convention.. maybe not though?? What kind of affect would this have on our vacation? Busses, crowds, etc.
I can't see it having a negative effect on your vacation. They are people just like us! The convention center is away from the rooms. Both times I have stayed at CSR, there were numerous conventions going on. We only saw conventioneers walking around and then eating at Pepper Market. I would not worry!

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
Old 04-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #1539
gobraves39560
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcclay View Post
I can't see it having a negative effect on your vacation. They are people just like us! The convention center is away from the rooms. Both times I have stayed at CSR, there were numerous conventions going on. We only saw conventioneers walking around and then eating at Pepper Market. I would not worry!
Just seemed like a big ordeal when I saw that Mario Lopez is hosting it. The more the merrier. Maybe I should have worded it differently as in, "Would it possibly have a positive impact?", with the busses, etc. And I got on Disney's website yesterday and it said their were no rooms available for my dates.
Our 2010 vacation to the World.. Port Orleans with QSDP w/ lots of pics!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2484978

Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #1540
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobraves39560 View Post
Just seemed like a big ordeal when I saw that Mario Lopez is hosting it. The more the merrier. Maybe I should have worded it differently as in, "Would it possibly have a positive impact?", with the busses, etc. And I got on Disney's website yesterday and it said their were no rooms available for my dates.
CSR was fully booked except for suites last weekend as well. We encountered no problems. Maybe you'll catch a glimpse of Mario!

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
Old 04-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #1541
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

Just back from 6 nights at CSR!

We just returned from a great trip and of course we wil return to CSR again. that being said I was very disappointed with three things this trip. First I did online check in and then called the resort directly to request a first floor room is either Cabanas or Casitas. Arrived and was assigned to Ranchos 7B. Never agin will I dismiss anyone's concts about these buildings. I love walking at the Coronado but the Ranchos are simply too far from everything and during 1/2 our visit the walkway to the pool from the Ranchos area was closed for refurbishment.

I also felt the resort did a very poor job of being well staffed and stocked for the busy spring break/Easter week. Cafe Rix was horrible and we felt so bad for the staff at Siestas who seemed overwhelmed with the crowds. Lines for food at the pool typically took 30-40 minutes during mid day to late afternoon.

Mouse keeping was just ok. Tipped daily but the bathroom was not cleaned well and room was not restocked with coffee and hair products.

I was amazed that during one of the busiest weeks of the year that they would do painting jobs and close walkways.

All that being said...can't wait to get back. We love the beautiful resort, great beds, Dig Site, Maya Grill and so much more. I doubt we will ever elect to go the week before Easter. The crowds were crazy and bus service was inconsistent.

I took pics of the new menu which made it's debut at Siesta's on our second day. I will try and figure out how to post. We did not try the buffet but did eat at Pepper Market for dinner twice.

We were surprised that the resort seemed all families and little convention goers. That is not the case when we go in January. Looking forward to a return trip in January of 2013.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #1542
aubriee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
Believe me I would be making that same squeal because I too loathe the ranchos. It just doesn't float my boat whatsoever. I just totally fell in love with our room location last time, so quiet facing the walkway between the cabanas and ranchos, 30 second stroll to the bus stop, 1 minute to the pool. It was perfection.

I've been in that exact area-back side of Cabanas 8A facing that little walkway between the Cabanas and Rancho. I was in a first floor corner room, right under the stairs and loved it. I've also been on the front side of Cabanas 8A in the very first corner room as you are coming from the parking lot. That was a great location too. I was with a friend who had a rental car. Walking straight out of our room, you were facing the lake, but just a glance to the left and you could see the rental car. If we had been using the buses we would have been maybe 30 seconds from the bus stop, but were still in a first floor room facing the lake and just a minute or two to the main pool or the Cabanas quiet pool. Walking from the parking lot and walking between Cabanas 8A and 8B, we were the very first room on the right. I'd love to get that room when I check in next month (just 31 days from now).
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #1543
serene56
DIS Veteran

I asked before and it was not answered so asking before:

when you check in and they give you a room assignment you are not happy with can it be refused?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #1544
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceteachermom View Post
. Tipped daily but the bathroom was not cleaned well and room was not restocked with coffee and hair products.
Just curious why you would tip daily when you aren't getting adequate cleaning or restocking?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #1545
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceteachermom View Post
. Tipped daily but the bathroom was not cleaned well and room was not restocked with coffee and hair products.
Just curious why you would tip daily when you aren't getting adequate cleaning or restocking?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: