Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #136
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

So sorry to see it end !!

LOVE the photo pass pic of the family and the 3 kids !!

I also love the last pic, perfect way to end your trip.

It was fun watching your trip unfold as mine is about to begin. Thanks for sharing !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #137
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Cute photos! Hahaha I'm sure I would have wanted a lot of the stuff in the art store too! Too cute.

Those multi-colored Mickeys weird me out a little bit. I'm a classic Mickey fan, I guess!

Aww, it's over! That 'see ya real soon' is just like adding salt to the wound! Ugh.
Thanks so much for all of your comments! I just hope the See Ya Real Soon is true. I'm still trying to convince my dh to go back in June! At least I know I'll be there (for another super quick trip!) in November!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
So sorry to see it end !!

LOVE the photo pass pic of the family and the 3 kids !!

I also love the last pic, perfect way to end your trip.

It was fun watching your trip unfold as mine is about to begin. Thanks for sharing !!
Thank you also for all your comments! I'm so excited for you and your trip! I can't wait to hear all about it. I hope you'll write a TR!!

Now, I'm wondering if I should write a PTR for my trip in November. It would mainly be about training for the 1/2 marathon. I just ran my first 5K yesterday. I'm not thrilled with my results, but I just have to hope I'm going to keep getting better! I hope to do at least one official run per month until November, to keep me motivated and work on my goals. So I'd like to write about that somewhere, just not sure if the PTR section is the place!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #138
dara00
DIS Veteran

Photopass Photos

Right now I'm in the midst of packing up for a trip to visit our families in NJ for Passover! So what do you think I feel like doing instead? Sharing those photopass photos I mentioned before! Like I said earlier, I wasn't too impressed with the photopass photos we got outside of the character shots. It seems that each photographer just centered (or tried to) the pictures and shot off a bunch in a row - you can see the moving people in the background as you flip through them! Nothing exciting, no trying to get the kids to look, etc. I'm going to post the ones we got though (the best ones of each bunch) so you can see!

Day 1:

Day 2:

I tried cutting Simon out of the pictures because he wasn't looking, and this way I could add borders without covering him up anyway!

Day 3:

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #139
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I think you got some really good ones! I couldn't help but laugh at Simon's face in some of the pics... he looks like he'd rather be doing anything but taking pictures! Also, did you notice that on your day 1 castle shots that there is a bird right on Walt's head?!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #140
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how much you all did in such a short trip!

I loved the comment about Lightning McQueen being real. I can just imagine the look on Zachary's face when he saw the real Lightning McQueen.

We always seem to get basic Photopass photographers, too. Oh, well, the pictures still turned out cute, which is the important thing.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #141
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I think you got some really good ones! I couldn't help but laugh at Simon's face in some of the pics... he looks like he'd rather be doing anything but taking pictures! Also, did you notice that on your day 1 castle shots that there is a bird right on Walt's head?!
Simon's face - yup. That was part of my issue with the pictures! It's either he's staring off into space or he's got his pacifier in. Sigh. NO! I did not notice the bird, but that is hilarious because I actually took a picture of the statue with a bird on Walt's head, and I saw someone else's tr with a similar picture, and I commented that the bird really likes Walt's head because he's always there. And there he is again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
I can't believe how much you all did in such a short trip!

I loved the comment about Lightning McQueen being real. I can just imagine the look on Zachary's face when he saw the real Lightning McQueen.

We always seem to get basic Photopass photographers, too. Oh, well, the pictures still turned out cute, which is the important thing.
I am really wishing to take a longer trip and slow it down a bunch! We had a lot of really great moments and I'd love to experience even more! Zachary's comment was definitely a highlight for me!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #142
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Love all you're PP pics ! Yeah, what can you do with the little one. He's gosh darn cute anyway, even if he doesn't like to look for pics!

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 04-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #143
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Love the family pics downtown Disney. Agreed you got to do A LOT in your short time. I love all the artwork you captured in downtown Disney.
Your PP pics are great. What great memories.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #144
dara00
DIS Veteran

Wrap Up Post

Hello again! I have been MIA from my own TR for a bit because I just don't know how to end it! Or, I just don't WANT to end it. Makes sense, huh. I was hoping we would be hitting Disney again in June, but it looks like we'll be going to San Antonio instead. Of course, I'll be back in November for the Wine & Dine and my birthday, so it shouldn't be too hard to last until then without Disney World!

Anyway, to wrap up, I thought I'd list some of the highlights of the trip - although I am worried that could be every single thing we did! We really had a great time all around. I would also like to post some comparison pictures of my kids on past trips and this trip.

So, Day 1 Highlights!

- That first moment entering Disney World and then the Magic Kingdom
- Tinkerbell having a staring contest with Simon
- Our first ride - the Magic Carpets
- Seeing Zachary was tall enough for Splash Mt.
- Being first in line for Woody and Jessie and having them play with our toys
- Ariel enjoying Simon's "collection" (his pacifier clip)
- The kids all loving It's a Small World
- Meeting Mary Poppins
- Gabbie dressing like Aurora to meet Aurora
- Simon getting special attention from Belle
- Simon saying "Animal!" when he say Mickey, but we all thought he said "Elmo!" (He now knows how to say Mickey!)
- Watching Gabbie watch the fireworks

Any regrets?
- My camera battery dying before the MSEP and the fireworks!
- Not having all the Sharpie colors I might have wanted.
- Big Thunder Mountain being closed.

Day 2 Highlights!

- The fact that there was a day 2
- The fact that I did it myself with the 3 kids!
- The opening show and Zachary's amazement with the characters on the train
- Riding Small Town! (Small World) and Slow Pass! (People Mover)
- Watching the castle show (Dream Along with Mickey)
- Pin trading
- Mickey's PhilharMagic (aka Mickey's Silver Magic)

Any regrets?
- Not spending more time at the interactive queue for Pooh.

Day 3 Highlights!

- Walking on to Toy Story Mania first thing in the morning
- Being first on line to meet Buzz and Woody
- Woody giving me a kiss
- Zachary wiping down Lightning McQueen
- Zachary meeting Sorcerer Mickey and showing him his own Mickey toy
- Simon meeting Pooh
- The kids not being scared of the Muppets 3D
- Rockin Roller Coaster (I'd go back to DHS just for this ride!)
- Zachary seeing Lightning McQueen in the Lights, Motor, Action show

Any regrets?
Just that Zachary is now totally into Jake and the Neverland Pirates and we missed meeting him! Also if we went back I would probably want to watch the Beauty and the Beast show.

And then there's the regret that we couldn't have been there longer!

I will do the picture post tomorrow (or asap) because I have a cold and I think I'll head to bed now! Just want to shout out to Marissa for encouraging me to conclude my TR!

Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #145
dara00
DIS Veteran

Then and Now Photos

Meeting Belle

2006 (Gabbie's first ever character meet!)

(same trip, different day)

Meeting Mickey Mouse

Early 2007

Late 2007

Meeting Pooh (and Friends)

Early 2007

Late 2007 (Gabbie was terrified!)

To Be Continued!

Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #146
dara00
DIS Veteran

Then and Now Photos Part 2

Riding It's a Small World

Mickey's PhilharMagic / Toy Story Mania (3D glasses)

Meeting Cinderella

Meeting Snow White

Meeting Lightning McQueen

Meeting Tinkerbell

On the People Mover

Ok, I think that's enough! Hope you enjoyed!

Old 04-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #147
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Great wrap up! It's nice that yall had so many awesome memories. (Thanks for the shout out! Hahah) The comparison photos are awesome, I always love to see those. So cute!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #148
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

I loved your before and after pics ! Your kids are so cute and growing up fast !! Great report !

Come check out ..
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #149
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I just noticed your trip report link. It is nice to put a face to your name. Got a lot of catching up to do, but I am excited to read about your trip.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #150
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Your kids are adorable. They all have such big, bright smiles. My DH does not like Disney as much as I do either, but he always appeases me and enjoys himself when we go. Crap used to travel a lot for work. He had a trip (which he never ended up taking) planned for Orlando and told me we could not come. I was devastated. We took a last minute trip to WDW for our honeymoon, so I did not do any planning. I love the cool things you stumbled upon. The Mickey’s driver’s license sounds awesome. Your matching Minnie fingernails are so awesome. Yet another reminder of how much I want a daughter. It is awesome that Zachary walked through Disney. Xander needs to do that. After our Disneyland trip in June, I will not let him to use a stroller anymore not matter how much he complains. Five is old enough to walk, especially if your four year old can do it.

I am not surprised the monorail was not running based on the luck we had. It seems to be a theme across a lot of trip reports. Cool pictures with the fairies. My kids do not know them yet. Simon is so cute standing off to the side. It is cute that he won. How cute that Simon did not want to get off the carpet ride. Glad Dave found you before the Jasmine picture, because that is a cute family picture with her. More great family pictures with the characters. I love the one of Ariel and Eric with Gabbie and Zachary. It is cute that Zachary calls IASW, Small Town. That makes your TR title that much cuter. We rarely watch the parades, because DH does not enjoy them. It is cool to see the pictures. I would watch them more if seating was easier to come by.

You really had a lot of meet and greets before noon. What great timing you guys must have had. I love that you got Pooh and Tigger at the same time even though Simon was napping. It was smart of you to take some items of clothing off before riding Splash. Glad all the kids did well on HM. Crap took forever to get the Pooh fastpasses for the exact same reason as Dave. The biggest change to PoTC post movie was that Captain Jack Sparrow was added into three scenes. Most of the other changes were small, although the ride is a little better at Dl. The drop is bigger and I like seeing the atmosphere to include the Blue Bayou.

I love that the 3:00 parade starts at 3:25. What time is the 3:00 parade is one of my favorite questions but a truly valid one depending on where you are. Xander does not like to wear the 3D glasses either. Surprisingly, I loved Philharmagic too. Minnie has been to WDW more than a lot of kids (even though she was new the third time). That is cool. Thanks for sharing those pictures. We met Buzz there two trips ago and also waited a bit for him. Twenty minutes was one of our smaller waits to see a character. Love the picture of the kids in jail with Zurg.

I cannot believe how much you got done in one day. The family picture with Mickey and Minnie is pretty great too. I will start Day Two next time I log in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: