DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #16
bgraham34
Wilderness Lodger

How about seeing 2 guys sitting on the steps at OKW on the second floor with a case of Bud Light smashing the cans on their head.

bgraham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #17
kathleendsm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Wearing pajamas outside the villa (and not just on the porch/patio/balcony).

Putting their garbage outside their room instead of taking it to the trash room.
I've worn PJ's in the hallways before, but it's to avoid the greater evil, leaving trash outside my room. If DS has a messy diaper, there's no way I'm leaving that in my villa's trash all night long. But I also don't feel like changing back into clothes for a 3 minute jaunt to the trash room.

The only place it felt like an issue was BLT, because the closest trash room was on the 5th floor and I was on the 1st. I felt awkward riding up the elevator in my tank top and pajama pants! Cest la vie, nothing bad was showing.

On another topic, I wish all the resorts had more convenient trash rooms. We can't be the only family with at least one kid who isn't potty trained, and you generally don't want to leave certain diapers lying around waiting for your cleaning on the 4th day!

Upcoming:
February 2014: Princess Half at AKL!

2013 - BLT, AKL, Dream, POR * 2012 - BLT, BWV * 2011 - AKV, BWV * 2010 - BWV * 2003 - Offsite * 2000 - Offsite * 1999 - WL * 1995 - Dixie Landings (POR) * 1992 - CBR * 1987 - CR * 1984 - CR *1980 - CR
kathleendsm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
Dano1182
DIS Veteran

I did not mention one of mine older woman in a bra on balconey smoking .

Or a father cheering as two boys raced thier remote controled cars down the long hallways of BWV at about 10 PM.
Dano1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #19
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

Quote:
Originally Posted by marynvince View Post
at the THV our neighbors hung a line outside to dry their clothes. They also moved their couch onto the deck and I even think I saw them changing the oil in their minivan
Must have been the Griswalds
Poohs Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #20
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by permavac View Post
Definitely the REALLY loud conversations in the hallways with kids AND adults screaming/squealing, running, thumping and banging their way past our room. This includes the inevitable yelling at other members of their party who have advanced about 40 feet in front of them to wait because so-and-so had to go back for the camera and then continuing the conversation at that distance about their plans for the day. THESE people must think they have the entire resort to themselves!
Now that's one thing I really hate
Old 04-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #21
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Decorations outside the villas, I guess it bothered others because DVC took care of that problem.

Bumpin cars with scooters in the villas. Yes I saw, they actually had their door propped open, I don't think the adults were in the room and the kids were riding Grandma and Grandpa's scooters in the villas, running into walls and furniture.

And Yes, Lil Grumpy, I called and reported it.

Smoking on balconies and hallways, towels and such on balconies, there is a line to hang them on in the tub.

And trash left in the hallways. And yes if you do that and you are my neighbor I will kindly put it right up against your door so that when you come out you will have to step over it and then you might remember to take it to the trash room.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #22
Goofy's apprentice
DIS Veteran

Standing in the quiet pool...on the cell phone....talking loudly about some sort of business deal....get over yourself!!!
2006 Apr-BWV, OKW --- Nov-BWV, OKW
2007 Mar-SSR --May OKW/SSR --Oct - SSMC07
2008 Feb - SSR/VWL ---Apr - Vero/SSR --- Nov - BWV
2009 Mar-VWL/SSR ---Oct - BWV/BLT
2010 Mar - BWV/THV --- Oct - SSR (for WWOHP !!!)
2011 Apr - BWV/SSR --- Oct - SSR/BWV
2012 Mar - BWV/BLT --- Oct - BWV
Goofy's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #23
dclfun
DIS Veteran

Decorations that shed....such as a real Christmas tree or wreath where a toddler then steps on the dried pine needles that housekeeping couldn't find. Heck, at home we find the needles for months but I didn't expect to find them in our villa or to find blood on a 2 year old's foot from one of them.

Smoking in the room...still...or on the balcony and blowing nasty smoke under my door or preventing me from enjoying my balcony. If I check in and smell smoke, my room WILL be changed.

Loud talking/banging/gathering where your voices carry, especially late at night.

My favorite though, seen through an open door. Towels hanging on the ceiling fan. Has anyone ever seen the dust bunnies on top of a fan blade? Yuck.

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post

People sleeping on the couches in the lobbies (I do understand heath issues and not having rooms available at check in, but a wonderful thing about the DVC resorts is there are always semi-hidden locations to snooze)

We often camp out on the sofas at Saratoga while we are waiting to head to the airport. Have to check out of the room, have all our carry on stuff with us and no where to go. I probably have been known to doze off for a few minutes, and have definitely seen others that have, but it sure doesn't offend me when they do. I can't think of a more comfortable place to relax before leaving the resort for the last time.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #25
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

These are funny!

Not a great one but I remember passing by an open door at VWL one time and catching of a glimpse inside at what was probably the messiest room I have ever seen.

It seemed like every surface had something on it.

It looked like something out of Hoarders.

DH and I just looked at each other and said "Who brings that much stuff on vacation????"

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #26
sammo
Earning My Ears

A man lounging on a couch in the little lobby room of the BCV massaging his bare toes on the throw pillow!!

Sheri
sammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #27
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

I am loving reading these and realizing how very lucky I have been in the past. I haven't seen any of these infractions! Hopefully, I haven't jinxed myself.

When we went on our cruise, I took special bags that you can purchase at Target or Walmart to put smelly diapers in. The bags have Arm and Hammer in them so the bad smell of the diaper is completely gone, once the bag is tied. No need to throw it out of the room immediately. And believe me, my daughter has the smelliest diapers of all. My two boys never had diapers that poignant.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #28
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Letting children cry themselves to sleep! I understand these kids are probably wired from all the activity and are going to have a hard time settling down in bed, but I'm in the villa next door and I don't want to listen to a screaming child for 20 minutes.
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #29
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

Oops sorry - changed my post. Initially I thought it was about how you bring a little piece of home with you to WDW.

My Travel Pictures

Last edited by WolfpackFan; 04-05-2012 at 10:50 AM.
WolfpackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #30
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

How did I make DVC like my home?

I had tried to complete corrections from a dissertation chapter before leaving home, but didn't quite make it. Much to DH's aggrevation, I spent most of the day with my laptop and some papers in the Belle Vue Lounge.

I wish I had such a functional working environment at home. I had a nice table, comfortable chair, good lighting, nice music, and great access to an AC outlet. The only downside were those pesky customers chatting with the bartender.

I wonder what the bartender thought about me working in the bar. (OK, that didn't sound right.)
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: