Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #1456
Debrn
Mouseketeer

We were there 3/5-3/12. Only one day during our stay they went around and gave us bracelets
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #1457
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
If you want to order a meal from kona regular menu and have it delivered to the cabana there is a minimum of $200 but you can still order from the room service menu.

The premium cabana is next to the barefoot bar. Behind the volcano. If you have any experience with the poly pool area, it is located where the hair wrap station used to be.

If you have a huge family the premium cabana is perfect (it accommodates up to 10 people.) or your like us and really enjoy privacy and the ability to stretch out, it would be a great decision to rent the premium cabana. You can rent it for half day for $320 day or night or rent it all day and night for $640 (they don't offer a discounted all day rate.) I did a review from our last stay on the website that is not allowed to be mentioned (tiki) and said that we would not rent it again all day.. But alas we booked again for an all day rental. the experience was relaxing. We did order a meal from kona and ate at that beautiful glass table beside the beach.. LOVELY! The furniture was sooo very comfortable. I posted pics of our last cabana rental somewhere on here but if you want I will post them again.
Thanks for all of the info CARL!!! Your pics made my day! I have a half day regular cabana reserved for our last day there. SO EXCITED!

I started making my packing list for DD and I...what clothes, shoes, accessories, etc, we will need...I am one of those neurotic planners who likes to make lists of minute details. It isn't like I freak out when things go wrong though so I havent sought help for it yet...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #1458
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajfamily View Post
How strict are they at the Poly with pool use from outside guests? We stayed at the BC on our last two trips and they require wrist bands and have lifeguards checking. We went to the Poly for dinner and walked down to the beach/pool area before and a lifeguard asked us to not sit at the tables, they were for resort guests. I don't mind this idea since the pool does get very crowded. Just curious to know if they are doing bands and/or checking when you go to the pool. Thanks!!
This is one area where the YC/BC gets it right over the other resorts. Last May they were kicking non-resort guests off of the tables in front of the Barefoot as well. They also wristbanded us at the pool after 2pm every day.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #1459
disneyfan67

Diehard Cowboy fan

Thanks to those who posted the cabana pictures and I have a regular one booked for my last day there due to a late night flight. I booked the 10 am to to 2pm slot and it will give us a few hours to relax and enjoy the downtime before the flight.

We're doing 5 days in late July and it's been a couple years since I did the Polynesian and I'm looking forward to it. It's kind of funny and ironic because 10 years ago around this time frame, my wife and I booked the Polynesian for our first family trip ever. My two sons were just 5 at the time and we made a lot of memories that trip and became frequent visitors and later, DVC owners. Now we're going back to where it all started for us, 10 years later.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #1460
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan67 View Post
Thanks to those who posted the cabana pictures and I have a regular one booked for my last day there due to a late night flight. I booked the 10 am to to 2pm slot and it will give us a few hours to relax and enjoy the downtime before the flight.

We're doing 5 days in late July and it's been a couple years since I did the Polynesian and I'm looking forward to it. It's kind of funny and ironic because 10 years ago around this time frame, my wife and I booked the Polynesian for our first family trip ever. My two sons were just 5 at the time and we made a lot of memories that trip and became frequent visitors and later, DVC owners. Now we're going back to where it all started for us, 10 years later.
How cool!!

Hopefully after this visit for DD's 5th Birthday we follow the same path!

Just checked in to changing an ADR and noticed that there was a message at the top of my screen: "Reminders:
On April 30, 2012, in 28 day(s), you can save time, skip the line and check in online. "

WOOOHOOO!!!

Are there any downsides to checking in online? We know that we wont get a king size bed and dont really have any preferences.

Would we have a better chance at Pixie Dust if we just wait and check in when we get there?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #1461
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajfamily View Post
How strict are they at the Poly with pool use from outside guests? We stayed at the BC on our last two trips and they require wrist bands and have lifeguards checking. We went to the Poly for dinner and walked down to the beach/pool area before and a lifeguard asked us to not sit at the tables, they were for resort guests. I don't mind this idea since the pool does get very crowded. Just curious to know if they are doing bands and/or checking when you go to the pool. Thanks!!
We were there March 3-10 and wristbands were not in use at all. The only trip we've seen them used were last year, late March. This trip the Volcano Pool slide was closed almost the entire time, reopening in the afternoon on the 9th. The pools were not crowded at all.

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #1462
denene914
Earning My Ears

Just booked the Polynesian Resort this past weekend for November 11th. So excited! Have never stayed at this resort before. Got a magic kingdom view room at 40% off( have a relative who works at Disney). I was told that there were no garden view rooms left. Is the magic kingdom view room worth the extra money?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #1463
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

I have a quick question regarding cabanna's. Are there issues - or has anyone experienced issues - with either non-resort guests and/or resort guests trying to go into the cabanna you have rented and make themselves comfortable?

If so how did you handle this?

Thanks

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
Old 04-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #1464
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
I have a quick question regarding cabanna's. Are there issues - or has anyone experienced issues - with either non-resort guests and/or resort guests trying to go into the cabanna you have rented and make themselves comfortable?

If so how did you handle this?

Thanks
I did!! I rented the premium cabana last year.. I had one guy walk in and ask me where the trash can was. Another one actually sat in one of my chairs.. I went over and politely told him the "cordoned off area was mine" then had to get really rude when he got mouthy! Then when wishes was over his not so friendly wife decided to come over and rudely sarcastically apologize to me and my wife for disturbing our "high priced resort" so I ended with "I think the bus is leaving for your resort". I think some people heard it on my live cam feed!! Lol but most "people that can read" won't bother you! The area is cordoned off with signs basically saying for vip's only. The big problem with the premium is it is on the beach with no barrier between the cabana and the water.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 04-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #1465
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by denene914 View Post
Just booked the Polynesian Resort this past weekend for November 11th. So excited! Have never stayed at this resort before. Got a magic kingdom view room at 40% off( have a relative who works at Disney). I was told that there were no garden view rooms left. Is the magic kingdom view room worth the extra money?
If I had my choice of MKV or Club level garden view I would choose CLGV because the beach is always available to sit and watch the castle lights change and wishes. We stay Club level magic kingdom view because we haven't stayed in any other type if room.(creatures of habit) but I think we would be just as happy in club level garden view.
With that said club level garden view is actually cheaper than plain Magic Kingdom view. And you get so much more! There is a lounge where at any time day or night you can sit and stare at the castle while drinking the free soda or beer of your choice. You get personal one on one check in (not stand in line at the check in desk in GCH) and they provide snacks and light breakfast. All included in the price!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #1466
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I did!! I rented the premium cabana last year.. I had one guy walk in and ask me where the trash can was. Another one actually sat in one of my chairs.. I went over and politely told him the "cordoned off area was mine" then had to get really rude when he got mouthy! Then when wishes was over his not so friendly wife decided to come over and rudely sarcastically apologize to me and my wife for disturbing our "high priced resort" so I ended with "I think the bus is leaving for your resort". I think some people heard it on my live cam feed!! Lol but most "people that can read" won't bother you! The area is cordoned off with signs basically saying for vip's only. The big problem with the premium is it is on the beach with no barrier between the cabana and the water.
Wow! Some people have no manners at all... Unfortunately,it's almost everywhere you go, even at Disney... From reading through the thread, sounds like you ended up with a magical vacation all in all... ( Even though it kind of sounded like maybe you wanted to "help" them to their bus... )

Me DH DS DD
Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #1467
JVP1
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know why the Poly doesn't enforce non resort guests using the pool?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #1468
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Not sure I am happy being a grandpa at 42!
I have to admit I would be crying....(now 40). However, your talking about a person that cried with a good glass of wine when her youngest lost her first tooth a week after she turned 5. But as a PP stated at least you will be able to send your Grandson home when you've gotten your fill! That's one of my favorite things with nieces and nephews!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 04-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #1469
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP1 View Post
Does anyone know why the Poly doesn't enforce non resort guests using the pool?
They do. On and off. I have been there many times when they have checked for wristbands and many times when they haven't checked. I have seen them ask people to leave quite a few times.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #1470
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Resorts don't really like to say "we don't want to spend extra money on lifeguards" so it was to "improve" the resort by allowing more people to enjoy the quiet pool.

lol!! Your DD15 sounds like ours!! If there is a day that she doesn't mention Disney.. We are in trouble.
Thanks for the congrats! Not sure I am happy being a grandpa at 42!
Congrats on being a young grampa. My dad was 40 when he had me. I didn't start having kids until my 30's. My dad unfortunately died of cancer before I had kids. I would embrace being an underaged grampa. You will have lots of years to enjoy your grandkids.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: