Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #166
vmedisneymom
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!

Exciting times - and awesome website and links for us - Thank you!!!

Hope everyone is well!

vmedisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #167
4mickeyfans
I teach in WDW!

Thumbs up Count us in!!!!

I like to plan ahead....still more than a year away, but doesn't this make the PERFECT graduation gift?!?!

Surprising DD (next May) and allowing her to bring a +1 on the adventure!....Shhh! It's a surprise...we'll see how long I can keep my mouth sealed on this one!

Snagged a secret verandah and an inside across the hall- deck 7 right by the secret aft deck...I just LOVE Disney secrets!

4MickeyFans
Me, DH, DS(14) and the graduate DD(17) +guest (TBD)
Mandeville, LA ...suburb of New Orleans

Can't wait to see you all on board!!

4mickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #168
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Just wanted to say what a great website!!! Thanks so much for doing all the hard work!!

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #169
Evad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mickeyfans View Post
I like to plan ahead....still more than a year away, but doesn't this make the PERFECT graduation gift?!?!

Surprising DD (next May) and allowing her to bring a +1 on the adventure!....Shhh! It's a surprise...we'll see how long I can keep my mouth sealed on this one!

Snagged a secret verandah and an inside across the hall- deck 7 right by the secret aft deck...I just LOVE Disney secrets!

4MickeyFans

We have an inside right beside the secret deck as well, cabin 7129.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Old 04-03-2012, 02:16 AM   #170
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:

4MickeyFans

Welcome

Wow, Keeping mum for over a year would cripple me. I am just too excited!!!!

Good luck

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #171
4mickeyfans
I teach in WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
We have an inside right beside the secret deck as well, cabin 7129.
We're on the other side of the ship...7619 & 7620...but I'm sure we'll see you out on deck

4mickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #172
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

That website is fab, great job

Looking forward to being able to book flights now, roll on June!

So does anyone know of any DCL or Med Cruise related books? Although I'm trying so very hard to resist my brains telling me I need to plan

I'm in the UK by the way but the power of amazon will help me get my hands on anything x

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:04 AM   #173
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post

So does anyone know of any DCL or Med Cruise related books? Although I'm trying so very hard to resist my brains telling me I need to plan

I'm in the UK by the way but the power of amazon will help me get my hands on anything x
I have been looking too, but I am waiting until a 2013 book comes out. I have seen "the Passporter" on amazon and that looks okay. Also, Rick Steves looks good, but I like the passporter because it has planning pages to write in.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #174
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

My attempt at an F E

Okay, so this may be very premature but my DH took a trip to the fabric shop yesterday and I was looking through the box of offcuts and managed to bad myself some free material.
I happened to visit my mother and know that she has a sewing machine (but she doesn't sew), so I asked to have it.

I was so excited with my freebies that I got to work as soon as I got home. My kids told me what they would like and I went to work. I have only ever used a machine maybe twice for basic cushion covers, and that is as far as my sewing skills go.
It did not start well as I couldn't get the setting right and it kept jamming (or what the term is). After attempt 12 my DH stepped in with a calmer head and YAY, he got the tension right (even though I read the manual and told him). He is was my super hero.

I did all the cutting and measuring last night and today started to build my FE. I even had a go at stitching our family name on a mickey (not the best stitching at all, but I am not a machinist).

Not completed yet as I want to put something on the pockets, just not sure what as of yet.

Bit blurry, but I took them on my phone.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #175
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:

4MickeyFans

Welcome!! So glad to have you in our group. Your daughter will LOVE the surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Just wanted to say what a great website!!! Thanks so much for doing all the hard work!!
Thanks! I'm just a little big excited about this trip, can you tell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post

My favorite book so far is the Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports book. It's great if you plan to do any ports on your own. There are so many great tips! I'm sure I'll read more but this was a great book to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Okay, so this may be very premature but my DH took a trip to the fabric shop yesterday and I was looking through the box of offcuts and managed to bad myself some free material.
I happened to visit my mother and know that she has a sewing machine (but she doesn't sew), so I asked to have it.

I was so excited with my freebies that I got to work as soon as I got home. My kids told me what they would like and I went to work. I have only ever used a machine maybe twice for basic cushion covers, and that is as far as my sewing skills go.
It did not start well as I couldn't get the setting right and it kept jamming (or what the term is). After attempt 12 my DH stepped in with a calmer head and YAY, he got the tension right (even though I read the manual and told him). He is was my super hero.

I did all the cutting and measuring last night and today started to build my FE. I even had a go at stitching our family name on a mickey (not the best stitching at all, but I am not a machinist).

Not completed yet as I want to put something on the pockets, just not sure what as of yet.

Bit blurry, but I took them on my phone.
Cute cute cute!! You did a great job on these. I'm not crafty at all. My daughter owns a sewing machine but I haven't talked myself into making our own FE. I might take the easy way out and order one on ebay!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #176
Whisky In A VAse
Mouseketeer

Happy Easter to all my fellow cruisers... Have a great Easter Sunday..

2001 Rodeway Inn, Florida. 2004 Sequioa Lodge, Disneyland Resort Paris.
2005 Liki Tiki Village, Florida. 2005 Pop Century, Florida.
2006 Sequioa Lodge, Disneyland Resort Paris. 2007 Sequioa Lodge, Disneyland Resort Paris.
2008 Windsor Hills Resort, Florida. 2009 Emerald Island, Florida. 2010 Lindfields, Florida.
2011 Hampton Lakes & Disney Magic, Florida. 2012 Pop Century, Florida.

Whisky In A VAse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #177
Evad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky In A VAse View Post
Happy Easter to all my fellow cruisers... Have a great Easter Sunday..
Thank you and would also like to extend the same greeting to all on our cruise. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #178
kikids
Mouseketeer

Just off the Magic!

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted in a few weeks or so. We just got off the Magic last Friday 4/6 doing the Western Caribbean. We had several "horn wars" with the Fantasy as she was on her maiden voyage along side of us at several ports. It was quite a site - all the camera flashes from the people on the Fantasy, the people on the beaches, and even on the nearby Royal Caribbean and Costa ships made us feel like rock stars! The Magic still has her Magic!

We had a spectacular room host and a great dining team. I told them all they better still be on the Magic when it goes to the Med in 2013 and we'd seem them all then!

Cindy
Disney Fantasy 2014, Disney Magic 2013 (Mediterranean) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124303, Disney Magic 2012, Disney Dream 2011, Disney Wonder 2010, POP 2012, CBR 2010, POR 2009, Off property 2002-2008, SeaWorld 2010, 2011.

kikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #179
milliesmum
Mouseketeer

only girls allowed

Three ladies of a "certain age" are very happy to be joining this cruise

It is me - Julie, my mum - Pam and my sister - Carolyn all traveling without partners for various reasons.

Please could we be added to the roll call and fish extender list

Disboard name - Milliesmum
location - Yorkshire and Cumbria, UK
DCL cruises - This is my 7th, mums 5th and sisters 2nd cruise
late dinner
stateroom 6644
Join FE - Yes
milliesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #180
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikids View Post
Hi Everyone, I haven't posted in a few weeks or so. We just got off the Magic last Friday 4/6 doing the Western Caribbean. We had several "horn wars" with the Fantasy as she was on her maiden voyage along side of us at several ports. It was quite a site - all the camera flashes from the people on the Fantasy, the people on the beaches, and even on the nearby Royal Caribbean and Costa ships made us feel like rock stars! The Magic still has her Magic!

We had a spectacular room host and a great dining team. I told them all they better still be on the Magic when it goes to the Med in 2013 and we'd seem them all then!

Cindy
Glad to hear that you had a great cruise! Wouldn't that be fun if you had the same team on the Med cruise?
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: