Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #1291
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie772 View Post
Has this dropped off the front page? Bumping!
Not anymore

(http://disneyfunfactoftheday.blogspo...ort-hotel.html)
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #1292
221HEMT
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12

14th Floor CR

There have been a lot of post about what is happening with the 14th Floor at the Contemporary. I just thought I would let anyone interested know. On Thursday March 15th I called for reservations for July 17, 2013 to July 27th, 2013. I had checked before to see what the earliest I could book was and was told 499 days from the last day of our stay (July 27th). With all the confusion with what was going on I would book early so if the 14th floor was closed I could come up with a “Plan B”. I told the WDTC CM that I was calling early because I had heard that the 14th floor was closed. He said “Let me check”.
He then said, “No we have rooms available”. I told him I wanted Room 4909 the 2 bedroom suite (there are 9 of us, Me and DW, DS and 2 DGD, DD and her DH and 2 DGD). He said , “sorry that isn't available” (not sure if I am calling as early as you can why that isn't available). He said all but one suite and the single rooms were taken. The one suite only sleeps 8 (I told him no problem I would sleep on the sofa in the lounge, he wouldn't go for that). So I went with 3 single rooms instead. The bottom line to all this is he didn't seem to know anything about the place being closed and I have received all three confirmations. However one thing does make me nervous about the WDTC CM, when I was talking to him I said something about wanting at least one room with a MK view and he said he would try but couldn't guarantee it. After I talked to him I checked the 14th floor floor plan. They have 5 single rooms, 4 on the MK side and 1 on the BL side. I'm not sure how I could get 3 rooms and not get a MK view if there is only one single room on the BL side. Time will tell.
221HEMT is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #1293
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by 221HEMT View Post
There have been a lot of post about what is happening with the 14th Floor at the Contemporary. I just thought I would let anyone interested know. On Thursday March 15th I called for reservations for July 17, 2013 to July 27th, 2013. I had checked before to see what the earliest I could book was and was told 499 days from the last day of our stay (July 27th). With all the confusion with what was going on I would book early so if the 14th floor was closed I could come up with a “Plan B”. I told the WDTC CM that I was calling early because I had heard that the 14th floor was closed. He said “Let me check”.
He then said, “No we have rooms available”. I told him I wanted Room 4909 the 2 bedroom suite (there are 9 of us, Me and DW, DS and 2 DGD, DD and her DH and 2 DGD). He said , “sorry that isn't available” (not sure if I am calling as early as you can why that isn't available). He said all but one suite and the single rooms were taken. The one suite only sleeps 8 (I told him no problem I would sleep on the sofa in the lounge, he wouldn't go for that). So I went with 3 single rooms instead. The bottom line to all this is he didn't seem to know anything about the place being closed and I have received all three confirmations. However one thing does make me nervous about the WDTC CM, when I was talking to him I said something about wanting at least one room with a MK view and he said he would try but couldn't guarantee it. After I talked to him I checked the 14th floor floor plan. They have 5 single rooms, 4 on the MK side and 1 on the BL side. I'm not sure how I could get 3 rooms and not get a MK view if there is only one single room on the BL side. Time will tell.
Thanks for posting that information.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #1294
Catira
DIS Veteran
 
Catira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,985

Smile

We just confirmed a reservation for BLT for our October trip I have a lot of reading to do in this thread but so far all the information is very useful!
__________________
Thanks LulusMom
Catira is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #1295
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran
 
princessmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,451

Hi,

I've been trying to soak in as much information as possible from this thread! DH and I are celebrating our 10th Anniversary and decided to add 2 nights to our trip at the BWV. Luckily there was an opening at BLT at the end of April, so we are able to try it out for the first time! I have 2 questions:

1) Does anyone have any room request suggestions for a Lake View studio? I tried looking at the thread about room views, but I wanted to make a more general request so as not to overwhelm the room assigners

2) Nevermind, found my answer on the page before! Thanks so much!
__________________
me, DH, DD(9), DD(6), DD(5), DD(3), and DD(1)

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #1296
Wendy31
DIS Veteran
 
Wendy31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Neverland
Posts: 2,815

Quick question!!

I read on another resort review site that a potential negative to the CR is when you come back, at the end of the day, & get off the monorail, there is a huge rush to the elevators & that it gets crowded & kinda crazy & you can sometimes wait quite a while for an elevator to take you to your room.

Please tell me this isn't so!
__________________
~Wendy
"All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!"

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is online now  
Old 03-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #1297
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Quick question!!

I read on another resort review site that a potential negative to the CR is when you come back, at the end of the day, & get off the monorail, there is a huge rush to the elevators & that it gets crowded & kinda crazy & you can sometimes wait quite a while for an elevator to take you to your room.

Please tell me this isn't so!
We never had a very long wait for the elevators. The other option (when returning from MK) is to avoid the monorail masses completely and just walk. That way you enter the hotel on the first floor, while the monorail riders are clamoring for the elevators on the 4th floor.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #1298
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Quick question!!

I read on another resort review site that a potential negative to the CR is when you come back, at the end of the day, & get off the monorail, there is a huge rush to the elevators & that it gets crowded & kinda crazy & you can sometimes wait quite a while for an elevator to take you to your room.

Please tell me this isn't so!
Sometimes during the eveing the elevators in the Tower might be slower which I have experienced myself, however it wasn't because of people coming off the Monorail. It was those guests leaving California Grill and causing a lot of the elevators to be full and it meant waiting for another one that you were able to get into.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #1299
Wendy31
DIS Veteran
 
Wendy31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Neverland
Posts: 2,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
We never had a very long wait for the elevators. The other option (when returning from MK) is to avoid the monorail masses completely and just walk. That way you enter the hotel on the first floor, while the monorail riders are clamoring for the elevators on the 4th floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Sometimes during the eveing the elevators in the Tower might be slower which I have experienced myself, however it wasn't because of people coming off the Monorail. It was those guests leaving California Grill and causing a lot of the elevators to be full and it meant waiting for another one that you were able to get into.
Thank you both! That does make me feel better!

I'm used to the WL where, once we got off our boat, we just kinda strolled back to our room & didn't feel like we were in a race w/ anyone to get to the elevators! And I didn't want to face a huge line at the elevators!

We do plan to walk back to the CR - especially after the park closing.
__________________
~Wendy
"All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!"

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)

Last edited by Wendy31; 03-26-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Wendy31 is online now  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #1300
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Thank you both! That does make me feel better!

I'm used to the WL where, once we got off our boat, we just kinda strolled back to our room & didn't feel like we were in a race w/ anyone to get to the elevators! And I didn't want to face a huge line at the elevators!

We do plan to walk back to the CR - especially after the park closing.
You're welcome and I was happy to help.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #1301
salann
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 196

64 more days and I'll be headed to the CR!!

Is it possible to get the celebration buttons at check-in or do you have to get them at the parks?
__________________
salann is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #1302
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by salann View Post
64 more days and I'll be headed to the CR!!

Is it possible to get the celebration buttons at check-in or do you have to get them at the parks?
They should have those buttons at check-in.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #1303
Wendy31
DIS Veteran
 
Wendy31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Neverland
Posts: 2,815

Okay, here are my next CR questions!

We have a room reserved in the Tower, Bay Lake side.

I'd like a room close to the pool side/WL side, if that makes sense. I don't want to be so far over that we can't really see the pool from the balcony. I guess that would be over Chef Mickey's too, right? I think the kids would like to see Mickey when they come out of our room.

I also don't want too high up - we like to sit on the balcony & people-watch.

So what kind of room do I need to request? Odd-numbered? But how do I get a room close to that particular side?

Also, we're thinking of possibly upgrading to either the MK side or club-level. Am I correct that we could reserve club-level for either the Bay Lake side or the MK side & this would be the Atrium Club? If we did reserve club-level, what floor would our room be on?

Thanks!!
__________________
~Wendy
"All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!"

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is online now  
Old 04-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #1304
Silvermist999
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 112

? Re: Staying at BLT...would like to use Contemporary pool

This will be our second time staying at BLT (in May). We would like to hopefully use the Contemporary pool (didn't get to last visit).

How can we access the pool. Do we have to walk to the Contemporary main tower first, and access the pool from there? Or can we go to the Contemporary pool by walking from BLT's pool (kinda like pool hopping).

Also, does the Contemporary pool get sun exposure in the afternoons? The BLT pool is really nice, but sometimes we'd like some more sun when we're swimming!
TIA!
Silvermist999 is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #1305
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...
 
minniebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: columbus, ohio
Posts: 7,944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermist999 View Post
This will be our second time staying at BLT (in May). We would like to hopefully use the Contemporary pool (didn't get to last visit).

How can we access the pool. Do we have to walk to the Contemporary main tower first, and access the pool from there? Or can we go to the Contemporary pool by walking from BLT's pool (kinda like pool hopping).

Also, does the Contemporary pool get sun exposure in the afternoons? The BLT pool is really nice, but sometimes we'd like some more sun when we're swimming!
TIA!
Just follow the path around from BLT's pool to the Contemporary. It kind of follows the lake and will bring you to the back of the CR. It's really easy and you won't miss it. No need to go through the resort itself.

Yes, the CR's pool gets lots of sun in the afternoon (almost too much on a hot day )

We loved being able to use both BLT and CR's pools when we stayed at BLT.

Enjoy! We LOVED BLT!!!
__________________
minniebeth




Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: