Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!
 
ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In between cruises....
Posts: 2,549

August 26, 2013 - Mickey Mouse, Midnight Sun & Whales!

Hello everyone!

I'll start this out by saying there is a chance that I won't make this cruise as I do have the previous week (8/19/13) booked, so this would be the second half of a B2B.

However in looking, I noticed there was one of the "secret verandas" available so I moved a dummy booking. With the OBC and discount from an OBB, it made it quite tempting! Especially since I will be coming from the southeast US, I thought it might make that airfare more worthwhile. (don't I have great rational thinking? )

Is anyone else on this cruise?
__________________


1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
son3disfan
DIS Veteran
 
son3disfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: northern girl
Posts: 1,855

Woohoo!
Let the thread begin!

I can't wait for this cruise!


I am overwhelmed with all the info I DON'T know....
This cruise is going to require TONS of research.
Good thing we have over 16 months to plan!
__________________



DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
son3disfan
DIS Veteran
 
son3disfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: northern girl
Posts: 1,855

Phantomsgirl...

I hear you on the airfare!
We are from Canada and its looking like close to $3000.00 for airfare for us ( party of 5) and that's a domestic flight! Over Half the price of the cruise!

Might need to look into flying from Buffalo to Seattle, then taking a train or bus to Vancouver.
Like I said...tons of research needed for this trip!
__________________



DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!
 
ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In between cruises....
Posts: 2,549

USEFUL INFORMATION LINKS:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283011 Vancouver FAQ Thread. (Long but full of great information - a must read)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509915 Older, but still very useful thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2901147 Cruising Alaska - Must Haves/Do

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2723087 Alaska Excursions - Post Your Reviews

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2905629 Camera for Alaska Cruise

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2904687 Binoculars for Alaskan Cruise
__________________


1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA

Last edited by ThePhantomsGirl; 04-06-2012 at 10:21 AM.
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!
 
ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In between cruises....
Posts: 2,549

I just posted the links that I put in the prior week's Meet Thread. The first one, The Vancouver FAQ Thread is especially worthwhile reading. It's very long - it took me several days to read it. Made my head spin with all the information, but well worth it!

I haven't yet decided where I will fly into - Seattle or Vancouver. It would be easier to go directly to Vancouver, but when they do release the airfares, I'll see what the difference will be. I am going solo, so the expense for airfare is just me. Nice for that, but of course I get stuck with the single supplement on the cruise...

In the meantime, I did add DCL air. I wanted that option just in case. That option was $855, but included airport transfers. The fly in a day early option wasn't available yet, but I will change it when it is. I can cancel the DCL air up to 75 days in advance. By then I'll know what other fares are like. I think ALL airlines charge for bags now with international flights, so that is a bummer.

I am not sure if Seattle will end up being cheaper, as since I am coming from Florida, I am not sure whether I'd end up needing to stay overnight in Seattle. I will NOT come into Vancouver on the day of the cruise, so there would be another hotel cost.

Still lots of time to decide, and hopefully by then we'll have more people on here to share info with.

Anyway, glad to have the party started!
__________________


1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
son3disfan
DIS Veteran
 
son3disfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: northern girl
Posts: 1,855

Great links! Thanks for posting!
__________________



DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,467

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!
 
ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In between cruises....
Posts: 2,549

Woo-hoo! We are "official"!

Now we just need a bunch more ready to sail with us.
__________________


1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
Donna3271
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,261

Hi,
Just got off a 5 night Dream today, and booked this one!!! So excited!!! Booked the half plexi-half metal room on deck 8 and saved a bundle!!! I took a chance on the price not going up, and waited to book this onboard!!! Price was the same as opening day! So happy!!! There are 5 of us. Me, DH, DD's will be almost 8, and DS who will be almost 12.
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #10
Donna3271
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I just posted the links that I put in the prior week's Meet Thread. The first one, The Vancouver FAQ Thread is especially worthwhile reading. It's very long - it took me several days to read it. Made my head spin with all the information, but well worth it!

I haven't yet decided where I will fly into - Seattle or Vancouver. It would be easier to go directly to Vancouver, but when they do release the airfares, I'll see what the difference will be. I am going solo, so the expense for airfare is just me. Nice for that, but of course I get stuck with the single supplement on the cruise...

In the meantime, I did add DCL air. I wanted that option just in case. That option was $855, but included airport transfers. The fly in a day early option wasn't available yet, but I will change it when it is. I can cancel the DCL air up to 75 days in advance. By then I'll know what other fares are like. I think ALL airlines charge for bags now with international flights, so that is a bummer.

I am not sure if Seattle will end up being cheaper, as since I am coming from Florida, I am not sure whether I'd end up needing to stay overnight in Seattle. I will NOT come into Vancouver on the day of the cruise, so there would be another hotel cost.

Still lots of time to decide, and hopefully by then we'll have more people on here to share info with.

Anyway, glad to have the party started!
ThePhantomsGirl,
You're a CUTIE!!! Check out Air Canada. We are flying in from the NYC metro area, and the fare (using dummy dates) is not that much more than to fly to Seattle (don't know about FLA). We TOTALLY AGREE! We are not flying in day of cruise. We want to explore Vancouver, and perhaps check out Grouse Mountain. WHOO HOO!! Thanks for starting thread!!!
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
son3disfan
DIS Veteran
 
son3disfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: northern girl
Posts: 1,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna3271 View Post
Hi,
Just got off a 5 night Dream today, and booked this one!!! So excited!!! Booked the half plexi-half metal room on deck 8 and saved a bundle!!! I took a chance on the price not going up, and waited to book this onboard!!! Price was the same as opening day! So happy!!! There are 5 of us. Me, DH, DD's will be almost 8, and DS who will be almost 12.
Welcome!

We are a party of 5 as well, but with three teen boys, 16, 14 and 12, so we booked 2 inside rooms . The thought of sharing a family stateroom with them.......

A balcony is very tempting though.
But for $1800 more( that's just for ONE room) we just couldn't do it.
we opted to use that money for some really cool excursions.
Maybe we will try to upgrade at he port!

How did you enjoy the Dream?
__________________



DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #12
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!
 
ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In between cruises....
Posts: 2,549

Ah...the Dream. Beautiful ship, but I found I really prefer the classic ships. There just were too many people. It may have been, too, that I found a 3 day much too rushed.

Was it less hectic on a 5 day?

I am going on the Fantasy in 18 days, and that one is a 7 day cruise, so I'll see how I feel.

Anyway, welcome to our humble thread!
__________________


1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
son3disfan
DIS Veteran
 
son3disfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: northern girl
Posts: 1,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna3271 View Post
ThePhantomsGirl,
You're a CUTIE!!! Check out Air Canada. We are flying in from the NYC metro area, and the fare (using dummy dates) is not that much more than to fly to Seattle (don't know about FLA). We TOTALLY AGREE! We are not flying in day of cruise. We want to explore Vancouver, and perhaps check out Grouse Mountain. WHOO HOO!! Thanks for starting thread!!!
I wanted to add that flights in Canada do not include a RIDICULOUS amount of tax in their listed price....
So a flight listed at $239 each way is actually closer to $700 round trip!
That is why so many of us Cannucks travel to Buffalo or Detroit !
But, by the time you pay for some sort of shuttle, or bus service from Seatle ( for a family of 5) plus hotels...it might work out to be the same as flying from Canada.
We are hoping to spend a few days in Vancouver as well!
So looking forward to this cruise!
__________________



DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
Donna3271
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Ah...the Dream. Beautiful ship, but I found I really prefer the classic ships. There just were too many people. It may have been, too, that I found a 3 day much too rushed.

Was it less hectic on a 5 day?

I am going on the Fantasy in 18 days, and that one is a 7 day cruise, so I'll see how I feel.

Anyway, welcome to our humble thread!
TPG,
I agree!!! I prefer the classic ships as well. It was HUGE!! We were in room 10582, and the SCREETCHING of the deck chairs from 3:30 to 4 am every night was atrocious! It must have been the scheduled cleaning time for that area. 5 nights is rushed, and too short. I am looking forward to the Wonder again. It will be our 5th, so I may squeeze on in before so I can wear the Gold lanyard in Alaska (LOL!!!) I may do the Fanatasy in Nov. You have to fill us in on your trip!!!also agree... too many people. My husband likened it to a cattle call.
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!
 
ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In between cruises....
Posts: 2,549

I'm going to try and do a trip report (and maybe even finish it this time) I looked up my 2007 TR as someone had questions about the Tullum Ruins tour and noticed I never did finish the report - LOL)

Anyway, just 13 days until my cruise, so I'll let everyone know what I think of the Fantasy. I am hearing that they are much better organized and ready than they were for the Dream's MV and first few cruises.
__________________


1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: