Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #1501
heidia
Mouseketeer
 
heidia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NB, CANADA
Posts: 253

Is there a list somewhere of where you can fill your resort mugs and what CSR offers for choices?
heidia is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #1502
patssoxfan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhguy View Post
I just noticed the 2012 National American Spirit Pageants got moved from April to 5/31-6/3 while I am there.

Anyone have any insight as to how this may be felt in the resort? Is it a huge group? Do they take over? They haven't posted their 2012 schedule of events yet. I see Mario Lopez hosted last year's events but can't find any info on where it was held or what went on.

I'm growing concerned I made a wrong choice - today being the last day of the room only package deal, I'm a little freaked out!

Anyone have any insight?
I'm a little worried about this too. We arrive on June 2nd, so they will be gone the next day, but I'm concerned about rooms only being available in the ranchos, which is my last choice. I'd prefer the cabana's or casita's.
patssoxfan is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #1503
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran
 
Abharmagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 889

Can someone give me the low down on Pepper Market- I am confused by it. We are doing DxDDP and will probably plan to eat there most mornings. On the Dining plan and eating either breakfast or lunch at Pepper Market- do we have to tip? It's a QS credit- correct (I know that doesn't matter on DxDDp- just clarifying). Now, how about dinner at Pepper Market (I doubt we will ever eat there for dinner, but just for sake of clarification) it's also a QS credit but do we have to tip or not on DDP? I have read conflicting reports and I am just confused about the OOP cost vs. the DDP cost of Pepper Market. Help! Thanks!
__________________
Abharmagic (40); mommy to DD (9) and DS(8) Loving Wife to Dh (39)
20 Trips prior to becoming a mommy
Family trips Oct 2007 and Nov 2008
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Abharmagic is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #1504
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkme4ard View Post
can someone PM me the best request bldg wise to make for a family of 6 staying in 2 rooms with a van? I'd really like to be close to our bus stop and the dig site vs being close to the restaurants (I think? we can drive to the restaurants right?)

Cabana 8A is very close to the Dig Site and bus stop #4 (which is the third stop picked up on the way to the parks. Since you have two rooms, I'd request connecting rooms first and close to Dig Site (or bus stop) second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhguy View Post
I just noticed the 2012 National American Spirit Pageants got moved from April to 5/31-6/3 while I am there.

Anyone have any insight as to how this may be felt in the resort? Is it a huge group? Do they take over? They haven't posted their 2012 schedule of events yet. I see Mario Lopez hosted last year's events but can't find any info on where it was held or what went on.

I'm growing concerned I made a wrong choice - today being the last day of the room only package deal, I'm a little freaked out!

Anyone have any insight?
I updated the first page with the new dates - thanks! I can't find much online - it looks like last year was the first year for this pageant. I don't think there were more than about 40-50 contestants for 2011 (if they are all pictured under the 2011 archives). I expect the pageant itself will be held in the convention center - there is reference to a trade show as well.

The only convention/show that takes over is Grainger, and I can't imagine this pageant will be anywhere near the scale of Grainger. It looks like it might be about 50 families or so, plus the pageant judges and officials. I'm not sure how big the trade show part is, but I feel certain CSR has handled groups much larger than this without inconveniencing guests. The only convention that gets bad press is Grainger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidia View Post
Is there a list somewhere of where you can fill your resort mugs and what CSR offers for choices?
You can fill your mugs at Cafe Rix or at the Dig Site. They have Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Coke Zero (new addition), root beer, and maybe Fanta?
I think they also have Nestea or some other fountain tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abharmagic View Post
Can someone give me the low down on Pepper Market- I am confused by it. We are doing DxDDP and will probably plan to eat there most mornings. On the Dining plan and eating either breakfast or lunch at Pepper Market- do we have to tip? It's a QS credit- correct (I know that doesn't matter on DxDDp- just clarifying). Now, how about dinner at Pepper Market (I doubt we will ever eat there for dinner, but just for sake of clarification) it's also a QS credit but do we have to tip or not on DDP? I have read conflicting reports and I am just confused about the OOP cost vs. the DDP cost of Pepper Market. Help! Thanks!
For breakfast and lunch, PM is a buffet and it is a quick service credit. You should receive the same level of service you would at Crystal Palace or Boma or another buffet. We do tip at buffets, though less than we do at TS meals where we order off the menu. A tip will not be added to your bill - it is up to you to tip what you want.

Dinner is a la carte. When paying OOP, a 10% surcharge is added to the bill at dinner for the servers. The 10% is not added if you are on the DDP. Many people on the DDP leave some money on the table for the server. We always pay OOP and are charged 10%. Sometimes we leave more on the table.

You can also get your dinner to go at PM and take it back to your room or outside to the tables by the lake. We like to eat outside if the weather is nice. If you take food to go, there is no surcharge.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #1505
familyfirsttimer
Not my 1st time anymore! I'm hooked for life!!!!
 
familyfirsttimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Newtown, PA
Posts: 1,203

I can;t believe after 100 pages, I am still unclear on something. Maybe its because I am leaving in 9 days and reality is setting in. Anyway, small question:
Is the Pepper Market Dinner as CD or TS? I know it will have the surcharge. We are on the QSDP and trying to figure if Dinner works there or not. TIA
__________________
Colleen
familyfirsttimer is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #1506
cmhguy
Mouseketeer
 
cmhguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post

I updated the first page with the new dates - thanks! I can't find much online - it looks like last year was the first year for this pageant. I don't think there were more than about 40-50 contestants for 2011 (if they are all pictured under the 2011 archives). I expect the pageant itself will be held in the convention center - there is reference to a trade show as well.

The only convention/show that takes over is Grainger, and I can't imagine this pageant will be anywhere near the scale of Grainger. It looks like it might be about 50 families or so, plus the pageant judges and officials. I'm not sure how big the trade show part is, but I feel certain CSR has handled groups much larger than this without inconveniencing guests. The only convention that gets bad press is Grainger.
Thanks for this insight! I'm a newbie to CSR - AND VERY excited about staying here!!!!! I actually requested Ranchos because we have learned we appreciate having down time and being away from it all. I'm ok with staying back there. Distance isn't a big issue - we enjoy walking all the time anyway....

I checked room availability for the end of May/Memorial Day on....and the room choices are fewer during the MUSE conference than any other time. During the pageant, there is lots of availability, so that made me feel a little bit better.
__________________
RCI AOS eastern - April 2016---DCL Dream 4 night - Spt2015
DCL Wonder 5 night - April/May2014---CSR - June2014
RPR & POR - May/June2013---CSR - May/June2012---Pop - May/June2011---POR - June2009
cmhguy is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #1507
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran
 
sunsetbeachgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abharmagic View Post
Can someone give me the low down on Pepper Market- I am confused by it. We are doing DxDDP and will probably plan to eat there most mornings. On the Dining plan and eating either breakfast or lunch at Pepper Market- do we have to tip? It's a QS credit- correct (I know that doesn't matter on DxDDp- just clarifying). Now, how about dinner at Pepper Market (I doubt we will ever eat there for dinner, but just for sake of clarification) it's also a QS credit but do we have to tip or not on DDP? I have read conflicting reports and I am just confused about the OOP cost vs. the DDP cost of Pepper Market. Help! Thanks!
We ate breakfast at the PM buffet and we did leave a tip, but we did not leave 18% as it was a self service buffet...they brought your beverage and the check, the rest you did yourself...and yes, it is a counter service credit...
__________________
From the Sunny North Carolina Coast

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation
sunsetbeachgal is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #1508
Momto8
Proud Grandma to Abigail, Iris, Heather, Emma, Gabrielle, Daniel, Stephen, Michael, Grace & Madelynn born 5-28-11
 
Momto8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Cumming, GA, USA
Posts: 966

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
Not yet. We brought our own pods because we figured the supplied coffee might not be too decent.

Will wake family up in 45 minutes and I suspect the wife will try the machine.
We are staying at CSR at the end of April and both DH and I are coffee drinkers. We are trying to plan what kind of coffee to bring as we always bring our own since we don't like what they provide. I've just recently heard about the coffee makers with the pods and am assuming they have them in all the rooms now at CSR. Do you know if that is correct or are they still switching them out?

Also where did you find the pods? I've looked at Wal-Mart but they don't have them at ours.

Thanks!
__________________
Theresa
CBR 1/2015, AKV Jambo House 5/2014, POP 1/2014, US/IOA/WDW 5/2013, POP 1/2013, ASMo 8/2012, CBR 4/2012, SSR 2 BR Villa 12/2011, POP 5/2011, POP 10/2010, CBR 8/2010, POP 5/2010, POP 1/2010, POP 9/09, POP 9/08, POP 9/07, POP 9/06, POP/POR 6/05, ASM 12/04, POR 6/04, CBR/AKL 6/03, ASM 12/02, RPR 7/02, POR 6/02, USF/IOA 12/01, Dolphin 6/01, ASM 3/01, Dolphin 12/00, CSR 7/00, ASMo 12/99, BWI 6/99, DXL 12/98, ASM 12/98, YC 6/98, DXL 6/97, ASM 7/96, Offsite 8/95, 3/85, 5/79, FW 4/75, DL 8/64
Momto8 is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #1509
macleod1979
Mouseketeer
 
macleod1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oviedo, FL
Posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhguy View Post
Thanks for this insight! I'm a newbie to CSR - AND VERY excited about staying here!!!!! I actually requested Ranchos because we have learned we appreciate having down time and being away from it all. I'm ok with staying back there. Distance isn't a big issue - we enjoy walking all the time anyway....
I checked room availability for the end of May/Memorial Day on....and the room choices are fewer during the MUSE conference than any other time. During the pageant, there is lots of availability, so that made me feel a little bit better.
You will have a blast! My grandparents took the whole family last year. Wonderful resort
__________________
macleod1979 is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #1510
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World
 
cheerful chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,866

Does anyone know if CSR takes/reads any room request faxes? I know I've heard the the resorts no longer take faxes and that the rooms are assigned by computer but I was just wondering if it would hurt to send a fax anyway?
__________________
April 2004 off site
April 2006 ASMo
May 2009 CSR
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #1511
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyfirsttimer View Post
I can;t believe after 100 pages, I am still unclear on something. Maybe its because I am leaving in 9 days and reality is setting in. Anyway, small question:
Is the Pepper Market Dinner as CD or TS? I know it will have the surcharge. We are on the QSDP and trying to figure if Dinner works there or not. TIA
Pepper Market is quick service for all three meals. For dinner, you will pick an entree, dessert and drink. For breakfast and lunch, it is a buffet and you can take whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
Does anyone know if CSR takes/reads any room request faxes? I know I've heard the the resorts no longer take faxes and that the rooms are assigned by computer but I was just wondering if it would hurt to send a fax anyway?
CSR was one of the last resorts to look at faxes, but I have heard that they no longer consider requests by fax. I don't think it would hurt to send one, but it would be more effective to call and add your room requests if you haven't already. You can also ask for a different area at check-in - they will try to accommodate you. You might have to wait until later in the day for a room that meets your request. Sometimes they don't have anything available that meets your requests or might have a room opening the next day if you are willing to move after one night.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #1512
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World
 
cheerful chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
CSR was one of the last resorts to look at faxes, but I have heard that they no longer consider requests by fax. I don't think it would hurt to send one, but it would be more effective to call and add your room requests if you haven't already. You can also ask for a different area at check-in - they will try to accommodate you. You might have to wait until later in the day for a room that meets your request. Sometimes they don't have anything available that meets your requests or might have a room opening the next day if you are willing to move after one night.
Thanks! I would be willing to move the next day to be able to get the area we want. We stayed in the back side of Cabana 8A on our last trip and it was perfect!

The only reason I am stressing it now is because when we initially made our ressie we asked for a room request for Cabana 8A to be noted and the CM said of course! We assumed it had been done. Then a few months later we called to make a payment and asked the CM if there were any requests noted and they have said no, no requests are listed, would you like me to add one? So we added the request again. Last time we called to pay it all off and asked again, just to be sure if any requests were listed and again were told no, nothing. Ugh, it has been frustrating to say the least. I think I will fax and if it's not granted then we will ask again at check-in.
__________________
April 2004 off site
April 2006 ASMo
May 2009 CSR
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #1513
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
Thanks! I would be willing to move the next day to be able to get the area we want. We stayed in the back side of Cabana 8A on our last trip and it was perfect!

The only reason I am stressing it now is because when we initially made our ressie we asked for a room request for Cabana 8A to be noted and the CM said of course! We assumed it had been done. Then a few months later we called to make a payment and asked the CM if there were any requests noted and they have said no, no requests are listed, would you like me to add one? So we added the request again. Last time we called to pay it all off and asked again, just to be sure if any requests were listed and again were told no, nothing. Ugh, it has been frustrating to say the least. I think I will fax and if it's not granted then we will ask again at check-in.
Cabana 8A is our favorite spot! Cabana 8B and Ranchos 7B are also good for proximity to the Dig Site and not too far from the bus stop.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 04-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #1514
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!
 
MissPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 797

Hello, I have a question regarding room location. Which area do you think is best for 2 adults, no kids, with no interest in pool at all, wanting a quiet and romantic spot? I want to make a request when I add my package on in June. TIA -Amanda
__________________
MissPrice is offline  
Old 04-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #1515
disneymom06
DIS Veteran
 
disneymom06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 946

My boys would like to know if they can go up for seconds at the breakfast buffet like they do at CP. Is that allowed at Pepper Market?
disneymom06 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: