Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #1171
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish. View Post
Any possibility of everyone on this cruise meet thread posting a picture of themselves or their family prior to cruise time? I would love to be able to recognize people and say "hi" on board - even if we don't all make it to any of the official cruise meet activities on board.

Any thoughts?
Ill try to post pictures of our crew. They may not be recent. Probably wont up load pics until after the FE list (the first one) is done.Some things before the list.
Lee
Old 03-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #1172
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
What are the wives plans? Is there a pink champagne group or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Oh La La would be great for a pink champagne party for the wives. I've been to one onboard and it was hilarious! All the girls wear their loudest pink outfits/shirts and tiaras and it was a lot of fun and crazy. Someone (not me,) arranged a wine tasting as we got to taste some Disney exclusive wines for $5 for sippers and $20 for full drinkers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Goofy View Post
Someone mentioned the Champagne Girls get together. The person that started that a few years ago is on our Hawaiian cruise and she goes by EllaEnchanted. YOu might want to contact here. THe one on the Hawaiian haa about 100 ladies attending and instead of pink boas this time it will be pink Hawaiian leis. It is really a lot of fun and we usually get a group pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerMade View Post

I am anxious to learn more about the girl get together. I love dressing up or out.

Cheers!
Mer in Jax

Well, since we have at least a trio of CHARTER members of the Champagne Girls on this cruise....I think we shoudl DEFINATLEY have a gathering in Oh La La!

Here's a little history. It all started way back in '08 with the Westbound Panama Canal cruise. Whilst chatting on the cruise meet thread, Deb and Mandy decided having our own Champagne/sparkliing wine tasting would be a good idea. Things esclated (like they tend to do on these threads ) and this was the result:

Yes, a flow blown video presentation was involved.

As assorted memebers when off on other cruises, different versions have ensued:

Last year's LA/Vancouver/Alaska cruise:

One from September of 09:

One from a TransAtlantic cruise (I wasn't at this one)

And a teeny-tiny one from last September in "Pink" on the Dream:

There have been more than just these and the details of how they were arranged varied from cruise and ship. I know there will be a meeting ON THE MAIDEN VOYAGE OF THE FATASY this week! Disney pretty much took control of how that one is set up. The one for Hawaii (the biggest yet) will be about 97 ladies at last count!

With our much smaller group, we can just plan a day (sea day, I'd think) and time for the ladies to GET THEIR PINK ON and meet up for a glass of bubbly (or beverage of choice)

What say you ladies?

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Last edited by ibouncetoo; 03-31-2012 at 01:24 PM.
ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #1173
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Here's a photo of the gang in my cabin for this cruise:

That's me in the middle....peeking

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #1174
NWmom
DIS Veteran

I hereby appoint Ibouncetoo to arrange the champagne girls event!
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #1175
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
I agree...I guess I need to add pink to my to my to pack list and Ooh La La Champange tasting with the girls to to do list!!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #1176
DreamCruiser100
ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!

Hope we join you!

Hello Everyone! Plan on booking this cruise sometime next week to celebrate my MIL's retirement at age 74!! It will be DH,Myself,DD13 and MIL. I was VERY active on DIS when we cruised in 2007, 2008 and had an AWESOME experience with our DIS group, so naturally as soon as we settled on a date I had to return to the DIS BOARDS to meet up with you lovely cruisers!!

Could you please direct me to any postings about activities you might have planned, and if there is a master list of those participating?

Hope to officially join soon

The Mills Family ( Pam, head DIS'er for the family LOL)

Last edited by DreamCruiser100; 03-31-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: grammar
DreamCruiser100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:21 AM   #1177
ibouncetoo

Quote:

Will do!

Any ladies interested, just post here. Later on we'll decide a day and time and I'll get everyone's cabin numbers in case there are issues/changes or to send reminders once we are on the ship.

I think I have a page one post, so I'll keep an updated list there also.

Edited to add: Yep, see post #3. I started a list based on recent posts here, but let me know if your (or you WIFE) is on the list and shouldn't be. Mer, is your daughter an adult and if so we she be participating?

That's all for now...past my bedtime even for a Saturday night!

Last edited by ibouncetoo; 04-01-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #1178
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCruiser100 View Post
Hello Everyone! Plan on booking this cruise sometime next week to celebrate my MIL's retirement at age 74!! It will be DH,Myself,DD13 and MIL. I was VERY active on DIS when we cruised in 2007, 2008 and had an AWESOME experience with our DIS group, so naturally as soon as we settled on a date I had to return to the DIS BOARDS to meet up with you lovely cruisers!!

Could you please direct me to any postings about activities you might have planned, and if there is a master list of those participating?

I want to DreamCruiser100 and family to the cruise. Here's hoping ya'll do officially do join our merry group here. We are going to have a blast on board the Fantasy in December this year. With all of the activities, the new ship, stopping in San Juan, the ship and Castaway Cay all decorated for Christmas, how can this NOT be the best cruise a sailing!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #1179
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCruiser100 View Post

On the very first page is information and a link to the website that has a cruiser signup. We really do not have any activities in concrete except Fish Extender group and Secret Mickey's If you need information on these, PM me. I am keeping the Master Cruiser List and theFE andSE coordinator. I am not organizing other activities (but to plan to try to make as many as possible)

Welcome to our cruise Pam and Mills family

Lee (Luveeyore haere on the Boards)
Old 04-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #1180
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Quote:
I second that....now where's my pink tee
Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #1181
trish.
Mouseketeer

Haha...so after my bright idea...I realized that the family does not take pictures EVER with me in them. First because I am always behind the camera...second because I am working on losing weight (down 30 lbs...yay me and almost done). But here is a picture from a year ago during fall in our backyard.

Someone was teasing us about what good is a pool in Washington state when we can only use it two months of the year...please...do not challenge me...so the family threw on the wetsuits and here we are.

trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #1182
DreamCruiser100

Thank you for the warm welcome!! We plan to book tomorrow!!! I am glad to see that you are an active group, We had such a blast with our group from the last cruise. I would love to help organize a scavenger hunt for the kids as I did on our last cruise ( see trip report) we had so much fun!!

We would love to participate in the FE exchange!! It was GREAT fun!! I also love to make door magnets so if no one has that job, I would love to create door magnets for everyone!!

Thank you again for the warm welcome, hoping to officially join you TOMORROW!!!!

Old 04-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #1183
DreamCruiser100

Our Door and some of the Magnets

Old 04-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #1184
MerMade
Disney Lover since first visit October 1974

Pink Champagne Yes!

https://plus.google.com/photos/11064...14246465?hl=en

I third Ibouncetoo ! Can we all wear Tiara's?

Last edited by MerMade; 04-01-2012 at 06:32 PM.
MerMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #1185
MerMade
Disney Lover since first visit October 1974

Pink Champagne Yes!

[IMG][/IMG][COLOR="Magenta"][/COLOR]

My Daughter and I are in on the Champagne party sounds like a fun time

Two adult Hens

Last edited by MerMade; 04-02-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: add photo
MerMade is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: