Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #1906
kimmie
Sometimes I have senior moments ya know
The TF's are busy people and we are restricting posters to a one tag maximum :)

Thanks Christine. I am taking Synthroid. I figured that even 30 minutes would be fine. I do take non dairy creamer but it has soy in it. That's not good either, right?

I think the pill gets stuck on the way down! I hate drinking water when I am not even awake! lol
Old 03-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #1907
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
Thanks Christine. I am taking Synthroid. I figured that even 30 minutes would be fine. I do take non dairy creamer but it has soy in it. That's not good either, right?

I think the pill gets stuck on the way down! I hate drinking water when I am not even awake! lol
Correct--soy also interferes with T4 absorption into the bloodstream but it is not really at the "stomach" level but more in the "bloodstream" level. It binds to the T4 in your bloodstream so you would definitely want to space out the soy creamer from your T4 ingestion.

HOWEVER, having said that, if you know you are going to have soy/calcium/whatever every day and you can't space it 2 hours apart, you can just do what you do but realize that you will probably need to take a higher dose of T4 to compensate for that. Many people just do that.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #1908
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

I am one that once I get out of the shower in the morning I take my meds (around 5:45am) and then don't eat anything until 7am. Of course this is during the work week and on the weekends, usually I take it when I get up to go to the bathroom and then back to sleep I go...LOL!!! I like to sleep in on the weekends a little bit more than during the week.

I have been still dealing with not going to sleep at a reasonable time during the week. It is usually around 11:30 or midnight until I finally fall asleep. It sucks during the work week because I have to get up at 5:15 for work.

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #1909
kimmie

I have been still dealing with not going to sleep at a reasonable time during the week. It is usually around 11:30 or midnight until I finally fall asleep. It sucks during the work week because I have to get up at 5:15 for work.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I take some melatonin at night. It does help me settle in and fall asleep.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #1910
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Stupid thyroid cancer.

I've practiced good oral care over the past year but my teeth have still really gone downhill. Dentist says my saliva 'is not working at all.'
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #1911
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

1 Grumpy9 - Congrats on the weight loss

Micayla - my dentist said to rinse with Act. I know some people use Biotene too. I make sure I floss alot. My salivary glands are fried too.

kimmie - glad you are doing well too.

Christine - I hear you on the college stuff. (Saw your other posts). We are doing stuff with ds20. He got accepted into 2 nursing schools so far and we are waiting for 2 more.

Well I took a mini nap at like 5 pm yest. I know this is so not right. I feel tired right now too at like 11 am. I have not called the endo back yet. Just too much going on.

I am so stressed out right now. The meeting which was suppose to be tomm is delayed again. Last night dh hit a deer, there goes our new to us van (it is a 2009). The one we got in Sept. after the girl on the cell phone totaled our van. I just thank God we were all o.k. I was int he front and ds22 was in the back. It was on the drivers side. I am sure the deer died. It was actually 2 deer. I know it will need some work to get it fixed. And my dh is leaving on another 9 day trip to the west coast next week, wont be here for easter. Ds22 might go with him.

Well at least I finished all the adrs for our trip. (Chefs,Tutto,Liberty Tree and Kona) I will really need a a vacation after all of this.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #1912
kimmie

luvmarypoppins
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #1913
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Just found this thread and it is very interesting to know others are/have gone through similar things.

I started with Graves Disease, put on PTU and had a "2 million in one chance side effect" of hepatitis!! Took me off of that and had radioactive idodine, which of course, put me hypothyroid. After a few months of trying to figure out proper synthyroid levels, dr detected a nodule, after fine-needle biopsy, discovered papillary carcinoma of the thyroid.

Had a total thyroidectomy with 7 out of 10 lymph nodes involved. That was 20 years ago, and I am doing very well. So , hang in there, ladies.
I wish you all good health!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #1914
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Just found this thread and it is very interesting to know others are/have gone through similar things.

I started with Graves Disease, put on PTU and had a "2 million in one chance side effect" of hepatitis!! Took me off of that and had radioactive idodine, which of course, put me hypothyroid. After a few months of trying to figure out proper synthyroid levels, dr detected a nodule, after fine-needle biopsy, discovered papillary carcinoma of the thyroid.

Had a total thyroidectomy with 7 out of 10 lymph nodes involved. That was 20 years ago, and I am doing very well. So , hang in there, ladies.
I wish you all good health!
YOWZA!!!

You had one heck of a misbehavin' thyroid gland!!

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 03-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #1915
Christine

LMP--

You are having a rough time of it. My biggest fear in life is to hit a deer. My carpool buddy laughs at me all the time about it. I actually get very anxious when driving during deer season. Uuuugggh.

I think that's awesome that your son is applying to nursing school. I have tried to push my son in that direction as I think he has the smarts and empathy to be in the medical field (he has so many issues himself) but he gets all weird when I mention nursing and thinks it's a "girl" thing. I told him "Think of all the women you'll meet!!"

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 03-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #1916
Pembo
OH-IO

I was routed to your thread from the CB. Found out today that my 25 yo niece has been dx with thyroid cancer. I don't know much more than that. She sees an oncologist on April 9th. I tried calling her today but haven't heard back.

I've read a little of the thread and have lots of questions for her.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #1917
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembo View Post
I was routed to your thread from the CB. Found out today that my 25 yo niece has been dx with thyroid cancer. I don't know much more than that. She sees an oncologist on April 9th. I tried calling her today but haven't heard back.

I've read a little of the thread and have lots of questions for her.
Just wondering if you have been able to speak to your niece.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #1918
Pembo
OH-IO

Talked to my niece this weekend. She saw a dr on Monday. She is to have a thyroidectomy with some lymph nodes out as well. She is going on a cruise at the end of June so she wants her surgery asap. Right now she is scheduled for April 27.

I gave her links to this thread as well as to the thyca.org site.

She is worried about the scar and gaining weight after surgery. She gained 15 lbs in 4 months which is the reason she went to the doctor in the first place.

It's hard to be an aunt to a very independent niece.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #1919
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Things vary, but I was in no shape to cruise 8 weeks out from my surgery. As for the scar-- for mine they drew blood prior to the surgery, spun out a certain kind of cell, and injected it into the incision. That helped a lot and the scar on the front of my neck is minimal. The side of my neck is a different story but I just wear my hair over it.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #1920
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Pembo, I am glad you got to speak to your niece too.

My scar is really not the greatest, but then again my case was not normal. I have the normal scar plus a drain hole scar and then I have a jagged scar on the L side due to all my complications and surgeries.

If her surgeon is very experienced he or she should be able to do a good job.

Also I was in no shape to go any where about 2 months post op.

I would be thinking she would be starting to get ready for rai if she is having it, thus med withdrawl, or thyrogen shots and lid diet etc.

Has she told her surgeon of her vacation plans? I think she should and maybe look into postponing the trip etc. Hopefully it will not be a financial hardship to change it or cancel it.

Wishing your niece all the best.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: