Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #151
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

So any takers on what airfare might look like RT from the States?
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #152
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
So any takers on what airfare might look like RT from the States?
Should we all take a guess and see who comes closest to their number? I'm coming from Minneapolis so I'm hoping that I can get it for $1200 or less.
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #153
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Should we all take a guess and see who comes closest to their number? I'm coming from Minneapolis so I'm hoping that I can get it for $1200 or less.
Maybe we can make it part of a lottery that someone wins during our meet and greet?

I'm guessing RT from CLE is $900.
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #154
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Maybe we can make it part of a lottery that someone wins during our meet and greet?

I'm guessing RT from CLE is $900.
I love it! We can put the guesses on the website that I've got going. Let me enter an official guess then - I'll say $1189 per person from MSP!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #155
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I love it! We can put the guesses on the website that I've got going. Let me enter an official guess then - I'll say $1189 per person from MSP!
Maybe we should take all the guesses and come up with and average. who ever comes closest wins?

Only airfare from USA to Spain?

soonest we will be able to get a price is about June.....
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #156
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Maybe we should take all the guesses and come up with and average. who ever comes closest wins?

Only airfare from USA to Spain?

soonest we will be able to get a price is about June.....
Oops - I just went and added a page with our guesses on the website!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #157
Disney mam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 299

I won't be able to play, but will watch you all and hope for low prices.

I will not even be flying from the UK, I will be coming by trains.
__________________
Myself, DH, & 2 DS aged 10 & 8



Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #158
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
I won't be able to play, but will watch you all and hope for low prices.

I will not even be flying from the UK, I will be coming by trains.
Oh wow...I wish I had that option!
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #159
Disney mam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Oh wow...I wish I had that option!
My kids are really excited about sleeping on the overnight hotel train from Paris to Barcelona. They think it looks sooo cool.

Would still be better if my hubby would fly. But at least this way, we will get the chance to try something different.

I will be taking my travel sick meds before the hotel train. lol I am sure that is going to be quite fast and full on motion. The Eurostar night train from DLP is quite a rough ride, always is. However, the morning train from London to DLP is always smooth.
__________________
Myself, DH, & 2 DS aged 10 & 8



Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #160
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
My kids are really excited about sleeping on the overnight hotel train from Paris to Barcelona. They think it looks sooo cool.

Would still be better if my hubby would fly. But at least this way, we will get the chance to try something different.

I will be taking my travel sick meds before the hotel train. lol I am sure that is going to be quite fast and full on motion. The Eurostar night train from DLP is quite a rough ride, always is. However, the morning train from London to DLP is always smooth.
Could you point me to some websites...First time we cruise in Europe and not really sure what the method of travel to Spain might be...
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #161
Disney mam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Could you point me to some websites...First time we cruise in Europe and not really sure what the method of travel to Spain might be...
If you fly directly into Barcelona then I guess you can get a cab from the airport.

But if you're hoping to fly to Paris and spend a couple of days in Disney (my tip would be to check the Disney website in the UK as they have been offering kids under 7 stay and play free. Also, they have offered 40% discount for the past 5 years. So hold out until Feb/March to book your hotel.

From Paris there is an overnight sleeper train to Barcelona (which is what we will be taking). This link, is from London to Barcelona and I believe there is a site for USA visitors to book through.

http://www.seat61.com/Spain.htm

This is the Spanish website link... http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html
__________________
Myself, DH, & 2 DS aged 10 & 8



Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #162
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
If you fly directly into Barcelona then I guess you can get a cab from the airport.

But if you're hoping to fly to Paris and spend a couple of days in Disney (my tip would be to check the Disney website in the UK as they have been offering kids under 7 stay and play free. Also, they have offered 40% discount for the past 5 years. So hold out until Feb/March to book your hotel.

From Paris there is an overnight sleeper train to Barcelona (which is what we will be taking). This link, is from London to Barcelona and I believe there is a site for USA visitors to book through.

http://www.seat61.com/Spain.htm

This is the Spanish website link... http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Great Info! Thank you! What does a train ride typically cost you? I'd love to go back to EuroDisney! Thanks for putting the thought in my head!
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #163
Disney mam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Great Info! Thank you! What does a train ride typically cost you? I'd love to go back to EuroDisney! Thanks for putting the thought in my head!
I get the Eurostar from London, not central but Ebbsfleet or Ashford and if you book early enough then it is 69GBP return for adults. Approx $110 per adult. The price is the same same if you book for London Central (St Pancras), Ebbsfleet or Ashford.
It is a nice train ride of 2 hours, easy passport check in with ample parking at Ebbsfleet and Ashford. Train stops right at Disney without any hassle.

I have never caught the train to Barcelona before and for the dates I am looking at as my marker price, it will cost me 546 GBP. Aprrox $875 for myself, DH and 2 boys (8 & 6 years). Hopefully that will be the same price next too.
__________________
Myself, DH, & 2 DS aged 10 & 8



Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #164
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
I get the Eurostar from London, not central but Ebbsfleet or Ashford and if you book early enough then it is 69GBP return for adults. Approx $110 per adult. The price is the same same if you book for London Central (St Pancras), Ebbsfleet or Ashford.
It is a nice train ride of 2 hours, easy passport check in with ample parking at Ebbsfleet and Ashford. Train stops right at Disney without any hassle.

I have never caught the train to Barcelona before and for the dates I am looking at as my marker price, it will cost me 546 GBP. Aprrox $875 for myself, DH and 2 boys (8 & 6 years). Hopefully that will be the same price next too.

Great information! Thank you!
__________________
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #165
Disney mam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Great information! Thank you!
If you do decide to go to DLP then let me know and I will keep an eye out for offers. Especially if you plan on visiting the UK and taking the Eurostar to Disney. You need to book the train about 6 months in advance, if you are lucky you can call up 9 months ahead and they will let you book over the phone before the dates become available on their website.

Also, another tip with Eurostar is, you can print your tickets at home. I phone up early and book (for best price) and then when I have my email, I go and check my seats and change them for a table seat (free of charge). You can swap you seats online once you have booked them with Eurostar. Also, some carriages have plugs, so your kids can play games or use the laptop for movies.
Carriage 5 and 12 if I remember correctly.
1st class isn't really worth the extra as the meal is a very light snack (although very enjoyable).
__________________
Myself, DH, & 2 DS aged 10 & 8



Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: