Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #1351
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

This recipe belongs on the top!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
3 bottles white Zinfandel
2 oz chardonnay
6 oz Grand marnier
6 cans sprite
2 cans frozen cranberry juice (with water)
1 can frozen pineapple juice (with water)
2 cans frozen orange guava passionfruit juice (with water)
Ice
Orange cut up
Can pineapple tidbits with juice

Makes approx 3 gallons

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Can someone re-post the recipe for the evening punch in the CL lounge? I clicked the link on page 1, but I can't read the font, it's too small.

My daughter and I did a little happy dance last night. This will be our third Poly stay since Sept 2010, but our first stay CL. We're ridiculously excited.

There will, however, be no more tanning bed tanning before our trips for me. I had three spots taken and biopsied yesterday, with more biopsies to come later next month. :-( I abused my skin too much when I was younger. If I want to spin this positively, however, I guess I can use the need for shade as a fantastic excuse to rent a cabana! LOL How's that for lemons into lemonade!
Lol!! But not!! You know they are actually trying to pass a law to keep anyone under 18 out of the tanning beds. I personally think its a great idea. I am not fair skinned but I found that if I spend an extended period of time in the sun (15 minutes or more) I break out in hives!! So SPF 1,000,000 for me! I am kinda scared of spray tan as well.. What do they put in that stuff to make us tan!??
You deserve the cabana ALL DAY! Get it while it's shaded!!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #1352
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post

but I don't care!

Introducing my first Grand Baby!!
Liam

Not from my DD17! My oldest boy of 23!! (just so y'all know)

Congrats Carl he's absolutley perfect

Can't wait till Oct to see my first grandchild

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #1353
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Carl my dad became a grandfather at 44. He loves that all the ladies fawn over him at the playground because he's a young grandpa.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #1354
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS
DIS Veteran

Is Disney ever going to add a hot tub to the Poly?

We've always wanted to stay there, I love the theming, but that's a deal killer for us
Old 03-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #1355
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
3 bottles white Zinfandel
2 oz chardonnay
6 oz Grand marnier
6 cans sprite
2 cans frozen cranberry juice (with water)
1 can frozen pineapple juice (with water)
2 cans frozen orange guava passionfruit juice (with water)
Ice
Orange cut up
Can pineapple tidbits with juice

Makes approx 3 gallons
I am sooooooooooo going to the grocery store right now. WOW, that sounds so good.

Quote:

Lol!! But not!! You know they are actually trying to pass a law to keep anyone under 18 out of the tanning beds. I personally think its a great idea. I am not fair skinned but I found that if I spend an extended period of time in the sun (15 minutes or more) I break out in hives!! So SPF 1,000,000 for me! I am kinda scared of spray tan as well.. What do they put in that stuff to make us tan!??
You deserve the cabana ALL DAY! Get it while it's shaded!!

I wish I never would have started. I think I went into a tanning bed for the first time at 18, before senior prom. I continued to tan pre-summer for the next couple of years, and when I lived in San Diego, I tanned year round. I wish I could take it all back. I can remember being 21ish and saying "Well, I may be ruining my skin but when I'm 30 I'll be so old I won't care anyway." I'd like to go back in time in Doc's Delorian and kick my own butt. I'm 35 now, and I DO care.

I do have a brand of spray tan I like, the Loreal Sublime Bronze Airbrush. It's super easy to use and it doesn't streak. It is stinky though, they all are. So, if you are roaming around WDW in August and see me pass by, and you wonder what that awful smell is, it's me, LOL!!!

Old 03-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #1356
MikeRx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Carl my dad became a grandfather at 44. He loves that all the ladies fawn over him at the playground because he's a young grandpa.
Life on the opposite end....I'm 43 and have a 4 year old son! Why don't ladies fawn all over me at the playground?...I guess when you are the dad they can smell the fatigue and leave you alone. Ah the subtleties between a 42-44 year old “young grand dad” and "old dad". Regardless, my wonderful DW would shoe them away....
All kidding aside, congratulations Carl and thank you for keeping this post supplied with pictures and stories!
Is it April 21st yet?

Mike DW DS (4) DMIL

First visit 1976, last visit WDW 2/2010 BC CL and DL GC 12/2010, future WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, 7/2012 (off site meeting), 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #1357
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Congratulations!

Carl, your new grandson is a real cutie! He's the second adorable newborn I have seen today. Those of us who started late are still waiting and in no hurry! I do worry that by the time my two are settled and ready--I'll be too old to babysit! Was Liam born today? If so, he shares the date with the Tiki family's latest addition! Could be a future Polynesian connection there. . .

Enjoy him and start planning now for that first visit to Disney with him.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #1358
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you very much!! They brighten my day every day! We even loaded some as our screensaver on apple tv! really I posted that last one because it was slow on here and I love to hear what is going on at the poly!

I noticed you have a DD15 and you said she would rather stay home. get her on dis, let her read my DD17 Pre-trip and trip reports. Maybe let her take a friend with her. Disney is something all my teens look forward to. I offer them the opportunity to get involved in the planning. Show them videos on YouTube and offer them their freedom to go to a park on their own. (with cell check-ins every hour or so) if this is her first trip she may think its all about the dumbo ride and knows nothing about the pool, the resort, the massive droves of other teens, and all the French fries!! NO ONE IS TOO OLD OR TOO COOL FOR DISNEY! My teens become full fledge 9 year olds the minute our driver shows up at the door for our trip to the airport!
You know, getting her on the DIS is a really good idea, thanks! I think it might help her get excited. I try to include her in the panning but she rolls her eyes at me. However, I was watching a Disney Parks special the other night and I totally caught her getting into it so there is hope! She has been to WDW before but not since 2005. We have been vacationing at all-inclusive island resorts the past few years and she really likes that especially the teen clubs so I think she is just trying to sway me back to the islands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyf2626 View Post
Thanks everyone for the nice comments about the pics! Can't wait to go back!!! A mere 220 days away ! Is it bad I'm wishing away the summer so November can get here?!
I think we will be there at the same time (Nov. 3-11, 2012)

Quote:
Can someone re-post the recipe for the evening punch in the CL lounge? I clicked the link on page 1, but I can't read the font, it's too small.

My daughter and I did a little happy dance last night. This will be our third Poly stay since Sept 2010, but our first stay CL. We're ridiculously excited.

There will, however, be no more tanning bed tanning before our trips for me. I had three spots taken and biopsied yesterday, with more biopsies to come later next month. :-( I abused my skin too much when I was younger. If I want to spin this positively, however, I guess I can use the need for shade as a fantastic excuse to rent a cabana! LOL How's that for lemons into lemonade!
Good luck with the biopsies. It does sound like you just have to have a cabana now!

Quote:

but I don't care!

Introducing my first Grand Baby!!
Liam

Not from my DD17! My oldest boy of 23!! (just so y'all know)
Oh my gosh, he is just precious! Congratulations Grandpa! I love his name too.

I started young with my daughter so I'm likely to be a young Grandma as well. Problem is I started over again and have a 3 year old son in addition to my teen so that will make things interesting!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #1359
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS View Post
We've always wanted to stay there, I love the theming, but that's a deal killer for us
It doesn't look likely, unless there is a REAL major overhaul of the resort or DVC is added somehow. The pool area was redone in 2001-ish...if one wasn't added then, we have to think it's just not in the plans. I was at the Poly in the summer of 2010 when they were starting to install electricity for the cabanas. I got hopeful at that time they might be putting in a hot tub, but no. I rationalize no hottub by reminding myself of the massive amount of GERMS in those things. People soup...eeeew!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 03-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #1360
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you left out smelling their little newborn heads!! I don't know what that smell is but.. It's newborn baby head smell..
I realized when i was posting this, that i had to clarify it was not my DD17. She is so little and sweet, I couldnt even imagine her being pregnant.. Much less having one at 17.
OMG-----do you have a live cam in my house???? R U Watching my keystrokes???? I actually WROTE a few more sentences about how I love the smell of newborn babies especially burying my nose in their neck. I was gonna ask you to take a sniff for me. I erased b4 posting thinking everyone would think I was a freak. Seems we are both "sniffing freaks" Must be that PA connection in our blood. (My Dad grew up in Edystone right outside Philly). Yes siree, I love to smell newborn babies

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 03-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #1361
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
OMG-----do you have a live cam in my house???? R U Watching my keystrokes???? I actually WROTE a few more sentences about how I love the smell of newborn babies especially burying my nose in their neck. I was gonna ask you to take a sniff for me. I erased b4 posting thinking everyone would think I was a freak. Seems we are both "sniffing freaks" Must be that PA connection in our blood. (My Dad grew up in Edystone right outside Philly). Yes siree, I love to smell newborn babies
Another baby sniffer here. . I LOVE the smell of babies, and I smell them so hard that DH acusses me of being a baby "scent stealer". I don't want anymore of my own, but I sniff when I get the chance!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #1362
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Congratulations Carl! What a cutie pie!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #1363
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am sooooooooooo going to the grocery store right now. WOW, that sounds so good.

I wish I never would have started. I think I went into a tanning bed for the first time at 18, before senior prom. I continued to tan pre-summer for the next couple of years, and when I lived in San Diego, I tanned year round. I wish I could take it all back. I can remember being 21ish and saying "Well, I may be ruining my skin but when I'm 30 I'll be so old I won't care anyway." I'd like to go back in time in Doc's Delorian and kick my own butt. I'm 35 now, and I DO care.

I do have a brand of spray tan I like, the Loreal Sublime Bronze Airbrush. It's super easy to use and it doesn't streak. It is stinky though, they all are. So, if you are roaming around WDW in August and see me pass by, and you wonder what that awful smell is, it's me, LOL!!!
isn't it funny how when your 20 you think 30 is old!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Carl, your new grandson is a real cutie! He's the second adorable newborn I have seen today. Those of us who started late are still waiting and in no hurry! I do worry that by the time my two are settled and ready--I'll be too old to babysit! Was Liam born today? If so, he shares the date with the Tiki family's latest addition! Could be a future Polynesian connection there. . .

Enjoy him and start planning now for that first visit to Disney with him.
Steve have a grand baby? He was born yesterday.. Technically.. No.. He is in Japan. So it's complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
You know, getting her on the DIS is a really good idea, thanks! I think it might help her get excited. I try to include her in the panning but she rolls her eyes at me. However, I was watching a Disney Parks special the other night and I totally caught her getting into it so there is hope! She has been to WDW before but not since 2005. We have been vacationing at all-inclusive island resorts the past few years and she really likes that especially the teen clubs so I think she is just trying to sway me back to the islands.

Oh my gosh, he is just precious! Congratulations Grandpa! I love his name too.

I started young with my daughter so I'm likely to be a young Grandma as well. Problem is I started over again and have a 3 year old son in addition to my teen so that will make things interesting!
I noticed you have a 3 and 15 year old. gotta be hard!
I hope your DD15 can get into the spirit. It really is a lot of fun for independent teens! If she can just find some other teens at the resort or in the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
It's funny!! Everyone smells em.. But no one admits they smell better than fresh baked cookies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushLRC View Post
Congratulations Carl! What a cutie pie!!!
Thank you very much!! I am sooo proud of my eldest boy and his wife!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #1364
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Ok, I checked in yesterday morning and then missed all of the excitement! Congratualtions Carl!! Liam's a doll!

Good luck with the biopsies crostorfer. I love your attitude - and I'm sure you will love the cabana. We rented one last fall and DH put it on our must do list for our next trip.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 03-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #1365
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! I just reserved a cabana for 2 days and I could not be more excited!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: