Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #451
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Mother Knows Best

Mother Knows Best

We unload and I ask him if he is still alive. Beaming from ear to ear he wants to know if we can ride again (see mother does know best) after we get some butter beer of course. We stand for a few moments outside of the unloading area and watch the ride, he can’t believe he rode it and liked it.

We head back to the lockers and get our things and walk across the road towards the butter beer cart that has a LONG, LONG, LONG line and the kids groan with the thought of standing in that line…but mom knows best right (and she knows a secret to avoiding that line). We make our way around the line and enter into Hog’s Head Tavern,

where there is NO LINE for butter beer and I quickly order a round of butter beer for all (frozen of course) and then take the kids out the back into a quiet and empty courtyard/picnic area that has a wonderful view of Hogwarts.

We spend the next 15 or so minutes enjoying Hogwarts and deciding what to do next. The kids decide that they have done everything they wanted today in WWofHP and are ready to move on, of course that means Seuss Landing. As we leave WWofHP it is about 10:00 am and we notice that people are now being directed towards the stand by line entrance by Jurassic Park to enter…meaning WWofHP has reached capacity. We make our way quickly through the Lost Continent, not stopping but once we make it into Seuss Landing it is a whole different story as my kids are in the gift shop cycle and we spend time in each shop once again. Ab decides on a pair of Thing 1 & Thing 2 for her and one of her best friends. Boo doesn’t buy anything but is enjoying the looking. As we make it to the other end of Seuss Landing, Boo of course has to ride

but Ab is having nothing to do with this ride today. He ends up riding it a couple of times, since he has the express pass and it is walk on (for everyone else the wait is 45 minutes). We finally drag him off the ride and decide that it is time to get something to eat, and I need to call and check on Goo and Jeff. Of course, Ab already knows what she wants to eat…

Yes Cinnabon! We each get a roll (hey it is vacation I will walk it off, right) and find a nice table next to the Hulk

where of course I start in doing by best to convince them to ride with me…after all I reminded them that they rode the Dragon Challenge and liked it…remember mom knows best! So will I convince them?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #452
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am glad he liked the ride!!

Good for you knowing a way to get the butterbeer without waiting in the huge line out front!!

I hope that Jeff and Boo were doing ok...

And... will Goo and Ab ride with you. hmmm can't wait to find out.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #453
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I have been known to put a crying child on a ride.
But it is for their own good. They love to ride coasters now. However, they may have to put a crying Mama on Dragon Challenge and Hulk this trip. Those coasters look scary to me.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #454
momabaarjo

Port of Exit

Port of Exit

There is something about the Dragon Challenge being hidden until you are on it and then just sitting and watching the Hulk scream past you. Of course, I could not get them on it! I call Jeff and Goo had just gotten up, had him in the tub and thinks that he will be okay to go in awhile, looks like my touring plans for the rest of the day are about to get back on schedule. We finish up our cinnabons and head into the Port of Entry where once again we are in every gift store.

My favorite stop was the Christmas Store, where I bought Abigail a 2nd ornament of the Grinch with her name on it (I know she is spoiled...but once we get to the Christmas store in DTD, the boys will get a special one too).

We go across to the large merchandise store where Boo tells me he likes shopping in the Port of Entry the best. Why? I ask. Because they have a lot of the Harry Potter stuff here and we don’t have to fight the crowds in the small stores. And yes, those darn scarves…all of them are here in 1 place, he let Ab know it!

Ab and Boo are ready to tour USO, but before we can do that we have to get Goo and Jeff so we head back, and yes, on foot , no water taxi. Along the way we find these plants…which we all decided had to where Dr. Seuss got his inspiration.

When we finally make it back up to the hotel room I find Goo laying in bed watching cartoons…looks like he is feeling lots better so I set about trying to get him dressed and Jeff out the door for we have a whole new park to explore! Since USO is on the opposite end of City Walk I agree to the water taxi, which of course got a rounding applause.

Looking at this picture now of Goo waiting for the water taxi, I should have known we were pushing our luck and he and Jeff should have stayed behind. But, I wanted us to be together as a family enjoying the parks not part of us sitting in the hotel room and the ones out having fun filling guilty. But hindsight is 20/20.

We make our way to USO and through the gates...

Where should we go first?
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #455
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am glad he liked the ride!!

Me too...or I would have been the one not hearing the end of it for the rest of the trip...instead of the other way around.

Good for you knowing a way to get the butterbeer without waiting in the huge line out front!!

I hope that Jeff and Boo were doing ok...

And... will Goo and Ab ride with you. hmmm can't wait to find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I have been known to put a crying child on a ride.

If it was something I knew that they could not handle, then I would not do it...but this boy can handle it.

But it is for their own good. They love to ride coasters now. However, they may have to put a crying Mama on Dragon Challenge and Hulk this trip. Those coasters look scary to me.
Really they are probably the easiest ones USO has to offer...I like the hanging coasters the best...less jarring on the neck and they do not seem as intense!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #456
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

I have some serious ride chickens in my family. My 18 year old son will be the one who won't ride anything this trip and there is just no way I'm going to force that boy -- who is six inches taller than me -- onto a ride. He won't even do Expedition Everest. I'm so glad you got your boy on it and that he liked it!
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #457
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the updates! I am a serious chicken and won't ride anything that goes faster than small world
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #458
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Sounds like you have left a bit of a cliffhanger again... Goo wasn't feeling up to going out of the room? Oh no!!!

cute ornaments!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #459
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Love the updates. The butter beer mustaches are cute. Goo looks exhausted at v the end. I vote for Men in Black first.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #460
momabaarjo

Magic...Mirror...on...the wa...

Magic...Mirror...on...the wa...

By this time all touring plans I had for this day are basically out the window, and I really am trying to be OKAY with that, so thinking of what is close that Goo would enjoy and would be the least taxing on him, I decide Shrek...

and with the Express pass we find that we have very little wait time for the next show. We make our way into the staging area and are situated near the back where it is very hard to hear or see what is going on, especially if you are a little guy so I pick Goo up and hold him.

I have to say here that I hate all of the Universal “show” attractions staging areas. They try and pack the entire audience into the area and it is just uncomfortable and disorganized. There has to be a better way to get you into the story line.

Worse than the pre show is then getting into the auditorm itself, total chaos…come on people everyone will get a seat.

Goo is excited that as we walk in we get a pair of 3D glasses, but Boo wants to know why they are 3D and the sign says that this is a 4D attraction.

Farquaad: [Slowly and dramatically to the looking glass] Magic... mirror... on... the wa...
Gingerbread Man: DON'T TELL HIM ANYTHING!

I tell him just to wait and he will find out. We make our way to a seat and sit down in antipcation as to what is going to happen next. What happened next was lots of giggles of delight and many more groans at the puns. As we leave the show, Boo announces that he gets it…not only is the screen 3D but all the special effects around him make it 4D. He is impressed. Goo seems to be handling it alright when we get back out on the street so I consult the map and schedule as what to do next…yes, my touring plan is pretty much out the door because I am trying to keep things easy for Goo. I notice on the schedule that the Monster Make Up Show is set to start in 30 minutes and think that would be a good choice for him, but first we have to make it past...
Old 03-29-2012, 06:18 AM   #461
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Cannot wait to see Shrek. Your photos of the waiting area and description of the seating do have me realizing I'm going to be outside my comfort zone at Universal. I do not deal well with foolish people, and it looks like there's a lot of them in that theater.
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #462
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the updates! I am a serious chicken and won't ride anything that goes faster than small world
Come on, you can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Great update!

Sounds like you have left a bit of a cliffhanger again... Goo wasn't feeling up to going out of the room? Oh no!!!

cute ornaments!
I got him out of the room and into USO, just wait to see what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Love the updates. The butter beer mustaches are cute. Goo looks exhausted at v the end. I vote for Men in Black first.
The mustaches happened by accident thanks to Boo and I thought it would make a great picture...MIB would have been a great choice!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #463
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMama View Post
I have some serious ride chickens in my family. My 18 year old son will be the one who won't ride anything this trip and there is just no way I'm going to force that boy -- who is six inches taller than me -- onto a ride. He won't even do Expedition Everest. I'm so glad you got your boy on it and that he liked it!
Oh I sure hope my 2 chickens grow out of it before they are 18...they want to go to Six Flags this summer, but I am refusing unless they get off the kiddie rides! Goo talks a good story right now...he tells me when he gets tall enough he will ride with me...maybe that is God's plan for my OOPS baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMama View Post
Cannot wait to see Shrek. Your photos of the waiting area and description of the seating do have me realizing I'm going to be outside my comfort zone at Universal. I do not deal well with foolish people, and it looks like there's a lot of them in that theater.
I really HATE the preshow queuing areas of the attractions that are shows at USO...because there is no control over a bunch of people standing crowded in a room...UGH...and then when they open the doors into the theater.... a teachers nightmare!

I am guessing that you are somewhere in Western Missouri/Kansas...I am going to be in St. Louis (mainly just the downtown area) the first of May for a conference...any suggestions if you know the area?!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #464
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Come on, you can do it!
Hee NO! I've been saying for the last three trips I'm going to try splash mountain and thunder mountain and then we accidentally on purpose always run out of time for me to try

Shrek I went to once and I think there were spiders so never again it was good other than the spiders! (Was there spiders I don't remember?)
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #465
momabaarjo

Dinner & a Movie Double Feature (March 13): Gnome Mobile & Darby O'Gill

Dinner & a Movie Double Feature:
Darby O'Gill & the Little People
The Gnome Mobile
March 13, 2012

I know it was a little early for St. Patrick's Day, but I really wanted to celebrate with these movies and I knew we would be out of town...so we pretended to have St. Patrick's Day on Tuesday instead of Saturday, even dressing up in green. Growing up I remember watching the Gnome Mobile, which was one of me and my 2 sisters favorite movies! What I remembered most was Violet "catchin" Jasper. When we put the movie on, the first thing my kids said was, those are the Mary Poppins kids. Yes, sure enough they were and in the movie credits they are identified as the Mary Poppins Children. I wonder what happened to them and if they came yet more casualites of childhood stardom. The rest of the week the kids called each other Doodees, and they enjoyed it so much that they took the movie up for their aunt and cousins to watch (which my sister was really excited about). Our other movie was Darby O'Gill and the Little People...ahh a young Sean Connery, sigh! I love pulling out these "old" Disney movies for the kids, and they really seem to enjoy them!

Menu:
Corned Beef & Cabbage

Irish Soda Bread

Made by Ab

Irish Potato Candy

Made by Boo

Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Bars

Lucky Leprechaun Limeade

Last edited by momabaarjo; 03-29-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: