Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #1141
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Sorry you dont think you look good in the uniform!! I dont think I look good in mine either. I dont have the problem of the hat falling off my head--I thinak my cap is in the closet in its plastic storage bag. My problems include hair coming out of the scrub caps I wear, forgetting to take off my necklace and earrings( and when I do where I put them). No skirts for us...that would not be a pretty site where I work!! Our problems with the scrubs we wear, ugly or green, the size packs we get say they contain certain sizes and they do but the medium pants one day wouldnt fit the xtra small coworkers and the next day I need suspenders. One day the v neck tops come to our chins the next day we look like hoochie mommas with our low necks. Now unlike you David, if I get goobered, I dont have to wash mine uniforms and I have more clean where they came from and I spend no money on uniforms(just shoes, socks and scrub hats) . I m not sure who designed nursing uniforms but they sure need some improvement.

In all serousness, I hope DW is doing better!!

Happy monday everyone. Back to the grindstone tomorrow - Friday!!
Thanks LuvEeyore, DW is doing pretty good. Still sore as all get out, and still hobbling around like Peg Leg Pete, but that to will pass. Just going to take some time.
I know what you mean about the uniform not fitting. You see this was originally DW's uniform. (She took care of two kids and me...........better make that 3 kids counting me!!!) And she is not even 5ft tall and weighs in, soaking wet, at around 100 lbs. And Me..............well lets just say I am a tad bit bigger then her. Can't seem to pull the top down over the big ol' belly..................and that big ol' belly wants to hang out over the skirt part. (Was I able to put an image in ya'lls brain!!!) It's an ugly site to behold to say the lest. Makes you want to skip breakfast, lunch AND dinner!!! But it looks like I can put aside the uniform for the next time. (Note to self - plan on losing some weight before trying on that uniform again why don'tcha!!!)

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #1142
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Hello all! We just booked for this cruise, our first holiday vacation! Happy Hanukkah at sea and pre Merry Christmas!

I'm a part time travel agent and I took a tour of the Fantasy while it was here in New York and we are all in for some major Disney magic! Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them the best I can!

Figment
Wecome to our humble crew. I 2nd that if you have any pics please post. I am sure as we get closer there will be many questions to ask.

Hey David maybe we can get another member for the Worldwide MAN club

Kevin.
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #1143
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
Wecome to our humble crew. I 2nd that if you have any pics please post. I am sure as we get closer there will be many questions to ask.

Hey David maybe we can get another member for the Worldwide MAN club

Kevin.
Hey Kevin..............DUDE......................see that is why YOU are the President of the official Worlwide Man's Club. I think that is a great idear you have there good buddy. Hey there Figmentnnemo, President Kevin and me...........I...........no, no, it's me................well it's one of me or I................whatever................both of us would like to recruite you for the Sargent of Arms position of the Official Worldwide Man'a Club. We don't have any formalities here, pretty laid back, you can call the President good buddy ifn' you want to. You would be in charge of taking attendance, the minutes of the meetings, (we haven't had any as of yet), really the meetings last only seconds..........never had one last a minute before!!! This is a non-paying position.............heck Kevin and I.............me..........whatever......don't get paid either. But, would you like to join our fantastic man's club? Sure hope so..........we need members like crazy here!!! If you would like to know more how this club came into being, read over the past posts for this cruise. You will see we men had to unite to go up against the DW's on this cruise. (They banded together against us men...................we had no choice.) It was unite or suffer a worst fate then....................ok, ok, ok................I'm going to say it.................but Kevin it has to be said..................I know, I know...............it is something that has been our worst fears for some time now.............but it needs to be put out there in the open................a fate of losing control over the TV remote!!!!:sca red1: Sometimes I can feel it slipping out of my fingers................usually after a I have eaten potato chips, it slips out of my fingers.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #1144
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Morning & Happy Sunday to all.

I am taking care of DW this week-end. She had an accident this past Thursday. She works at a fairly large company in Clearwater, FL. And, she is salaried - now not everyone who works there is salaried, most are hourly employees, and have to punch a time clock - so to speak. So DW arrives at work - parks the car and is walking to the entry door. There is a curb you have to step up on to from the parking lot. Now DW is just barely 5 ft tall and weighs around 100 lbs. Another employee who we assumed was an hourly employee and was running late for work came running up behind DW. It was just before 7:00am so it was still dark outside. Just as this other employee, who was about twice the size of DW, stumbled and ran into DW. Now their feet got tangled and they could not step up onto the curb, both of them hit the curb with their feet and went head first onto the sidwalk with the other employee landing on top of DW. DW's glasses went into the top of her eye causing a deep gash and now her eye is all black and blue. She has several scrapes and scratches on her knees and hands and shoulder. She said that everything on her whole body aches. She is lucky she didn't break any bones. DW asked this other employee if she was alright, and she said I'm fine. This other employee got up and took off running for the door - didn't ask DW how she was, DW said she has never seen this woman before. Just one of those freakish accidents.

So I am playing nurse this week-end for her. I have to tell you - I don't look good in the uniform. The hat keeps falling off my head - the skirt is way too tight - and I refuse to shave my legs!!!
David, if you wear the right pantyhose you don't have to shave or so I'm told and bobby pins will hold the hat in place. Speedy recovery to your DW
Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #1145
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't know how to post photos here, LOL! If you want to PM me, I'll tell you where to find some!

We are really looking forward to this cruise! We are thinking about doing the MVMCP on Friday to kick off our holiday fun in a magical way if it is offered! (I would hope it is, as it is the last Friday of party season!) Anyone else?

Quote:
I too want to figmentnnemo and family to the cruise. We all are a fun bunch on here. Some, (who will remain nameless), are a little crazier, (you know who you are), then others. But, all are a little bit off the wall and excited about going on this cruise.

And, as LuvEeyore said if you took any pictures while on you tour of the Fantasy, please post them. We all would love to see them. Again welcome to the cruise!!!

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #1146
figmentnnemo

What are the wives plans? Is there a pink champagne group or something?

Quote:
Hey Kevin..............DUDE......................see that is why YOU are the President of the official Worlwide Man's Club. I think that is a great idear you have there good buddy. Hey there Figmentnnemo, President Kevin and me...........I...........no, no, it's me................well it's one of me or I................whatever................both of us would like to recruite you for the Sargent of Arms position of the Official Worldwide Man'a Club. We don't have any formalities here, pretty laid back, you can call the President good buddy ifn' you want to. You would be in charge of taking attendance, the minutes of the meetings, (we haven't had any as of yet), really the meetings last only seconds..........never had one last a minute before!!! This is a non-paying position.............heck Kevin and I.............me..........whatever......don't get paid either. But, would you like to join our fantastic man's club? Sure hope so..........we need members like crazy here!!! If you would like to know more how this club came into being, read over the past posts for this cruise. You will see we men had to unite to go up against the DW's on this cruise. (They banded together against us men...................we had no choice.) It was unite or suffer a worst fate then....................ok, ok, ok................I'm going to say it.................but Kevin it has to be said..................I know, I know...............it is something that has been our worst fears for some time now.............but it needs to be put out there in the open................a fate of losing control over the TV remote!!!!:sca red1: Sometimes I can feel it slipping out of my fingers................usually after a I have eaten potato chips, it slips out of my fingers.

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #1147
trish.
Mouseketeer

Stupid question before we cruise #2

Figmentnnemo leads me to my next question... (Thanks)

Does anyone know when the MVMCP schedule is released? And/or when tickets become available?

I can not wait to see the holiday overlay!!! I am almost as excited to see that as I am about the cruise.
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #1148
figmentnnemo

Probably next month, I think the tickets usually go on sale around May 1; I'll try & put a note up when they let us TA's know.

And I'm super excited to see the holiday stuff too! I'm interested to see if they do anything for Hanukkah while we are on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish. View Post
Figmentnnemo leads me to my next question... (Thanks)

Does anyone know when the MVMCP schedule is released? And/or when tickets become available?

I can not wait to see the holiday overlay!!! I am almost as excited to see that as I am about the cruise.

Past but not forgotten
Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #1149
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't know how to post photos here, LOL! If you want to PM me, I'll tell you where to find some!

We are really looking forward to this cruise! We are thinking about doing the MVMCP on Friday to kick off our holiday fun in a magical way if it is offered! (I would hope it is, as it is the last Friday of party season!) Anyone else?
Welcome
We're thinking of doing MVMCP as well either Thursday or Friday.

Quote:
What are the wives plans? Is there a pink champagne group or something?
The Wives here are affectionately known as the Hen's Club. I'll be sending out a secret message on the toasters tomorrow at noon.
Our goal is to steal all television remotes and make them ours (or so the men think)
Really- we just want to relax on the cruise and not have to do any dishes!
We'll be planning some Hen's Club activities.

So far we are planning a joint Men's Club Hen's Club outing at O'Gills

Quote:
Probably next month, I think the tickets usually go on sale around May 1; I'll try & put a note up when they let us TA's know.

And I'm super excited to see the holiday stuff too! I'm interested to see if they do anything for Hanukkah while we are on board.
That would be neat to attend.
I can join you on the first verse of "me n mylel" (no clue how to spell it, but my bff taught me this and I taught her Christmas carols growing up)
Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #1150
figmentnnemo

Talking Mans Club....

I will fully execute the rank of sergeant at arms to the best of my ability. I pledge to follow the presidents orders (unless I fell they go against the core beliefs of the club, then mutiny will ensue) If the Hens club think they can out smart us by stealing the prized remote of the gods, I will formally declare a act of war against them or any other hostile group that dares to steal what does not rightfully belong to them. Remember ladies, we know how much you prize your shoe/ purse collection....

Past but not forgotten
Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #1151
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will fully execute the rank of sergeant at arms to the best of my ability. I pledge to follow the presidents orders (unless I fell they go against the core beliefs of the club, then mutiny will ensue) If the Hens club think they can out smart us by stealing the prized remote of the gods, I will formally declare a act of war against them or any other hostile group that dares to steal what does not rightfully belong to them. Remember ladies, we know how much you prize your shoe/ purse collection....

As the President of the Worldwide MAN Club, I would like to give a warm welcome to our new Sergant at Arms

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #1152
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Kevin - Boss Dude - Mr President we got us a new member of the Official Worldwide Man's Club!!! He is a real go getter - a man who will stand up in the face of the Hen Pecker Club. (Kevin, you and I must stand behind him to show our support of him - you.....you stand right behind him Kevin and I'll...............I'll..........I'll be.......right behind you!!!)

Old 03-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #1153
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

David I am glad I am not the only one who does not know how to post pics.Hopefully next week when my daiughter comes she can post the Fantasy pics. We got a few nice ones with the fireworks.

They are having a celebration on Sat at Jetty Park for the maiden voyage of the Fantasy. We hope to go
Happy Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #1154
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Goofy View Post
David I am glad I am not the only one who does not know how to post pics.Hopefully next week when my daiughter comes she can post the Fantasy pics. We got a few nice ones with the fireworks.

They are having a celebration on Sat at Jetty Park for the maiden voyage of the Fantasy. We hope to go
I'm looking forward to seeing your photo's Charlotte. The maiden voyage of the Fantasy will be something to see. Hope you can take some other photos of the maiden voyage and post those as well. I'm sure your daughter will have better instructions on posting. To be honest with you, I have only done it once or twice myself, and that was a couple of years ago.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #1155
MerMade
Disney Lover since first visit October 1974

We are still going

Sorry .........Have been quiet for months.
Y'all have been doing a great job of keeping things going.

My daughter and I are so looking forward to this Cruise on the Fantasy.
We spent a Spring Break week at Animal Kingdom Lodge at the beginning of the month. It was fabulous.

Cruisng is so much more relaxing.

This will be my daughters 5th Disney cruise and my 3rd.

You may hear more from me now that the Fantasy has started cruising. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Ciao!
Mer

Last edited by MerMade; 03-28-2012 at 07:07 PM.
MerMade is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: