Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #151
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Have only seen one review of 6690 - would love to see another and some pics

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #152
skatingmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewsMommy View Post
Have only seen one review of 6690 - would love to see another and some pics
Me too! I have this room on the Dream in June!! Can't wait!
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #153
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Just posted review for Stateroom 10124 on the Dream, great Room.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #154
hasabigrock
Earning My Ears

We stayed on the dream in stateroom 8110. 4A. Wonderful room and posted review.

We also have a video tour of the room:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtUX1mE_z3o
hasabigrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #155
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thank you for the review and especially for the video!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #156
SunnyGeek
Earning My Ears

We stayed in stateroom 8502. It is category 9C, porthole with obstructed view. Not sure what the obstruction was, I assumed it was because the porthole is a bit slanted, a bit small, and you can't just stare straight out without bumping your head. It was at the very front of the ship (forward). The queen size bed was extremely comfortable! I snuggled in it quite easily. I thought it was very spacious. The only issue I had was that the bathroom and some of the area outside of the room smelled like sewage at times. It also seemed as if the fan in the bathroom was constantly running and there was some difficulty flushing the toilet. Luckily we had a candle that took away the smell.

SunnyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #157
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyGeek View Post
We stayed in stateroom 8502. It is category 9C, porthole with obstructed view. Not sure what the obstruction was, I assumed it was because the porthole is a bit slanted, a bit small, and you can't just stare straight out without bumping your head. It was at the very front of the ship (forward). The queen size bed was extremely comfortable! I snuggled in it quite easily. I thought it was very spacious. The only issue I had was that the bathroom and some of the area outside of the room smelled like sewage at times. It also seemed as if the fan in the bathroom was constantly running and there was some difficulty flushing the toilet. Luckily we had a candle that took away the smell.

Just so others are aware, you are not allowed to burn a candle on the ship at all. Bring some sort of airfreshener if you worry about smells.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #158
Kbrush
Mouseketeer

Smile Room 8678

Room 8678 was excellent. Very quiet but you did certainly feel the vibration of the engines/propellers when docking or on the last day when speeding back to Nassau. But this did not keep us awake. You do also feel some of the pitching/rocking but we found this soothing. The room seems identical to other verandah rooms.

The "whitewall" on the balcony railing came just to knee height when seated. So it did not in any way obstruct our views. We had really nice views out over the beach at CC.R

There was a drop down bunk berth over the sofa that was lowered each night during dinner. My DD loved it and the Peter Pan constellations hidden above it. There is a light that she could turn on from the top bunk and another light underneath to illuminate the sofa area when the bunk is down.

The Fridge in this room actually froze our water but friends had a fridge that barely worked.

8678 was Very convenient for kids pools, cabanas, aqua duck, Animator's palate and essentially anything amidship and aft of that.

It was Hard to find the safety drill spot for this cabin, which was oddly inside the evolution bar and extremely poorly signposted.
Kbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #159
garrettandkatesmom
Earning My Ears

We just got off the Dream .... Room 10530. Loved it! In fact, we booked the same room on the Fantasy for January!
garrettandkatesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #160
2canadianfans
Always in a Holiday Countdown !

Disney Fantasy/Dream.. Cabin 10158 .. Would love opinions Just abit worried the overhang will leave us in total shade .
2canadianfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #161
modegard
Mouseketeer

Disney Dream connecting rooms 10078 and 10080

We loved these rooms! The only issue we had was noise from Deck 11 on Pirate night. They played the music really loud until 11:30. Also sometimes at night you would hear people running across the deck which was a little annoying. It was minor though. The rooms were large and well laid out. We had lots of room for all our luggage and junk. I think next time I would book on deck 9, just because of the noise factor.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #162
kmronnie3
Mouseketeer

We are staying in room 8502 in October and i was wondering if it is a bumpier ride in the front of the ship? Also is it quiet in that particular room. I guess what I am asking is, would you recommend the room. Thanks
kmronnie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #163
SunnyGeek
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmronnie3 View Post
We are staying in room 8502 in October and i was wondering if it is a bumpier ride in the front of the ship? Also is it quiet in that particular room. I guess what I am asking is, would you recommend the room. Thanks
It was extremely quiet. I wouldn't say it was bumpier but I would say for a moment there there was some rolling. The rolling was due to there being some rain but it wasn't too bad. I would recommend it, just watch your head when looking at the porthole.

Disney Dream - March 2012
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #164
SunnyGeek
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Just so others are aware, you are not allowed to burn a candle on the ship at all. Bring some sort of airfreshener if you worry about smells.
There was nothing said to us but if its not allowed, of course, don't do it.

Disney Dream - March 2012
Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #165
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

While I have not officially stayed in 10158 yet, we are booked for that room for our 2013 cruise. I have been researching this room too and found someone who has stayed in that room on prior cruises. She told me that there is some shade from the overhang but not the entire deck is shaded. I guess it was actually nice because you could eat your breakfast in the shade/have some shelter if it rained. It is also a partial white wall so she said if you were laying down in the chairs you wont be able to see out over the rail. I dont know about you, but we are so excited for that big balcony Hope this helps! Let me know what you think of the room when you return from your cruise, I am a bit worried about cabanas being overhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2canadianfans View Post
Disney Fantasy/Dream.. Cabin 10158 .. Would love opinions Just abit worried the overhang will leave us in total shade .

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: