Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #136
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I say it's close enough to 2 weeks! Go ahead!

I can't wait until we go, we are going to see the tigers for the first time and I'm hoping to talk Kadence in EE!

Again, thanks for the music, it sure soothes the soul!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #137
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I love that you post those music links. Have I mentioned that?

I should really give AK more love. I mean, I'm an animal gal after all. Maybe it'll happen when I stay at AKL in October

I love your plans. I hope you have good luck with seeing the tigers on maharajah jungle trek. When I was there in November, they were up and about ...maybe a little too much. One of the tigers was just staring at a little girl standing by the glass. Thank goodness that glass is thick! It made for some beautiful pictures though. If I had one handy, I'd post it.

Those early openings sound.....well, early. I hope you get ahead of the crowds doing that.
haha, you might've mentioned that.

AK and AKL are awesome. You will love staying at the lodge...it's so great being able to watch those animals whenever you want.

Ooh, that would be cool to see the tigers up close like that. I bet it would make for some great pictures.

Yes, it is early but as I've said before, it's worth getting up early. I'd rather be up early and not have to deal with the massive crowds in the middle of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hi Sarah!!

Joining in...really late! But, I'm here!!! I can't believe you only have 17 days left!! That's so exciting!

Your plans look really good! How fun to be able to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour! Oh and I love that you are including music in your PTR!! Loved listening to Fantasmic this evening!! I can't wait to see it again!!
Hey Angie! Welcome!

I am really looking forward to the tour (only bad thing is that it's near the end of our trip...)-it should be great. Glad you like the park music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Wow-you got some great pics of the lions during your last safari ride! It seems the best I ever get is just a glimpse of them up on top of the rock!

I think your uncle's name of "World through the eyes of a bug" is hysterical!
haha, that's usually what it was like for us too. I couldn't believe how lucky we were last year. Crazy.

I know, I thought it was hilarious too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
Sarah's plans for DAK are a good lead in to my thoughts about what we can do on Easter Sunday (our first full day).

If the reports that the MK will have EMH beginning at 7 AM are accurate (that isn't shown on the WDW website yet) we will be there at 7 and do as many things as possible from Sarah's MK list before the crowds build up. Our past experience with those real early openings is that we can cover all of the major attractions, and a few minor ones, by 10-11 AM. When we get up that early we are usually ready for lunch early, so I'm hoping they will be giving out coupons like they did on our '10 trip with big discounts on lunch if you eat before 11AM. At both the MK and DHS you could get a free entree at several of the counter service restaurants if you bought one, and we took advantage of that.

If we are at the park at 7 AM we will probably be leaving by noon as the huge crowds pour in. Depending on how we feel we could take a monorail to EPCOT (maybe get our free VISA photo if they do that on Sunday) or take a bus to the Boardwalk for a rest. Sunday might be a good day for that late afternoon visit to DAK to get in a few rides and stroll the park as it thins out. I also wouldn't mind a dinner at the Flame Tree Barbecue. The park is open until 8 PM, but the crowd should be pretty light by 6. So, we can do some touring there and still get back to the Boardawlk early to rest up for Monday's rope drop. At my age, I am willing and able to get up early, but if I do that I can't stay out too late too often unless I want to ruin the trip by wearing myself out. One of the many good things about staying at the Boardwalk is that you can finish the day by watching some of the sidewalk entertainment.
If we end up going to Epcot the day we get there AK would be good for Easter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hi Sarah,
You made me realize how I am missing out by not planning, as any good Disser knows "planning" is just about as much fun as actually taking the trip.

On our way back from the Keys we will be coming up on I95 instead of the Florida Turnpike, because we have to drop everyone off at Fort Lauderdale airport, and we have to stop on a few hours by my dh's boss that lives a few miles away in Jupitor. What is that saying, Girls are from Mars to be movie stars and boys are from Jupitor to be more stupidor. Sorry cracks me up when my dh told me we have to do a short stop, to say hello. Since my dh is making me visit with his boss, we are going to stop at the new welcome center the Dis owners opened at Cocoa Beach. We are doing this on Tuesday. I still have not made a hotel ressie for that evening. I want to stay at one of the Universal hotels, but I am thinking it is not worth the money.

I agree with your dad and you, EMH are the best, especially when you can get their by 7 a.m. It will seem to be a lot of people in the morning, but once you scatter, everything will be a walk on, till 10 or 11. I have been to the MK on Easter Sunday twice and we did EMH, left at noon and came back at 6 and couldn't believe it was the same park. We did the relaxing rides like the train, People Mover, Haunted Mansion, etc.

You should make a Ressie to eat somewhere for supper, for some reason restaurants are packed, even the C.S. Are packed.
Yeah, even though we are not really OCD planners it is fun to think about what we're going to do when we get there.

I heard about the DIS center. That should be interesting. Is it sort of like a rest spot or what exactly is there? I guess it would be a good place to meet other DISers though.

That's what it was like a couple years ago when we went. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes for anything and by the time we left (when the massive crowds were coming) we had done pretty much all of the major attractions.

As of right now we only have one ADR planned. Maybe because we get up so early and end up eating so early we avoid the crowds because we haven't really had too many issues with the CS places.

Quote:
Going to Epcot makes sense. It's the closest to the Boardwalk and, in addition to getting a first look at some of the FGF exhibits, maybe some of the minor attractions in Future World (Seas, Imagination, Living With the Land, Spaceship Earth) will have manageable lines.

Then we can go back to the resort and get our breakfast and snack supplies from The General Store.
That would be good. I'd even like just walking around the resort loop and stopping at the Yacht and Beach Clubs (or Swan and Dolphin).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Your AK plans look great! I love the Safari radio station music! Those lion pictures are amazing!
haha, I love it too-maybe because that's one of my favorite attractions and it just reminds me of riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great AK plans! Woohoo on it being 15 days!!
14 days now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Great plans! We found there are some fabulous animal viewing on the trails at the front of AK. The spoonbills are so fun to watch, and we discovered new animals that we'd never seen before. Like we've talked about before, at AK you have to relax and take in the scenery and it's definitely a full day, and more sometimes.
Are you talking about the ones in the Oasis or around the Tree of Life? We've walked around the Tree of Life before but don't normally stop too long in the oasis. I do love that area though, it's so calming and really gets me excited for the park!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I say it's close enough to 2 weeks! Go ahead!

I can't wait until we go, we are going to see the tigers for the first time and I'm hoping to talk Kadence in EE!

Again, thanks for the music, it sure soothes the soul!
Well now I can OFFICIALLY say two weeks!

Glad you are enjoying the music. I just love those park songs!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 03-24-2012 at 02:22 PM.
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #138
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

The exhibits around the Oasis is where we take a lot of time watching, but we always have to say hi to the Galapagos tortoise that's next to the tree of life. We just really enjoy watching the animals and there never seems to be many crowds in either place which is nice.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #139
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I packed today.

Tomorrow I am going to print off important numbers for reservations.

In a few days, the Weather Channel will be predicting the forecast for Florida.

What airline are you flying home with?
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #140
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Here is my tentative plan for the second and third full days of our trip.

There are AM EMH at DHS on Monday, so we will probably go there first. Although I expect DHS to be very crowded that day, the extra hour gives us a chance to hit the big headliners in the first 90 minutes or so before moving on to the other things Sarah wants to do at DHS. We can stay at DHS as long as there are things we want to do and the crowds are manageable.

Monday evening may be a good time to try to see Magic, Memories, and You and Wishes. We often seem to see Wishes on the night before departure, and it might be nice to see it earlier in the trip. Part of my thinking on this is that we will probably start the day at EPCOT on Tuesday, so we will not have to get up that early on Tuesday morning. Because MK will probably be hopelessly jammed on Monday afternoon and evening there would be no reason to get there too early. So, we could spend Monday afternoon at the pool or Fantasia Gardens. We could also get something to eat around the Boardwalk area (Beaches and Cream?) or Downtown Disney. If we go to MK, we might be able to catch a few of the lesser attractions or shows that have no more than a cycle wait (Philharmagic, Monsters, Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room) before getting in position to see the castle. I don't think we would try to get a curbside spot for the MSEP because we have seen that a few times.

On Tuesday morning we can start the day at EPCOT to do the major attractions, and spend more time seeing the Flower and Garden Festival displays and maybe trying a few Kim Possible missions when World Showcase opens. We can stay at the park as long as we want before walking back to the Boardwalk.

Sarah has said something about eating at T-Rex, and Tuesday might be a good day to try that. There are no reservations available, but if we went over there around 4 PM or so, I would think we could get seated within an hour or two because they seem to accept more walkups than reservations there. If not, we can always find another place to eat, like Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express.

Sarah and I have also talked about taking a boat ride over to Port Orleans because we have never visited there. We could do that after dinner and get back to the Boardwalk early to rest up for an early morning on Wednesday.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #141
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sarah has said something about eating at T-Rex, and Tuesday might be a good day to try that. There are no reservations available, but if we went over there around 4 PM or so, I would think we could get seated within an hour or two because they seem to accept more walkups than reservations there. If not, we can always find another place to eat, like Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express.
Have you tried calling T-Rex directly to get a reservation? They only release a small percentage of their reservation slots to the Disney system so there's usually a lot more availability if you call them directly. The number is 1-407-828-8739. I hope this helps!

The boat ride over to Port Orleans is nice and it's a pretty resort to walk around. Have a beignet for us if you do go visit!

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #142
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom is my second favorite park too! I LOVE IT!!! Sounds like a great day!

I'm glad they extended the park hours for yall! I would totally go to MK at 7 AM too! The early bird gets all the good rides done before the millions of other people come!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #143
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
The exhibits around the Oasis is where we take a lot of time watching, but we always have to say hi to the Galapagos tortoise that's next to the tree of life. We just really enjoy watching the animals and there never seems to be many crowds in either place which is nice.
We should really try to look at the exhibits in the Oasis. I don't think my dad would object to that.

Quote:
I packed today.

Tomorrow I am going to print off important numbers for reservations.

In a few days, the Weather Channel will be predicting the forecast for Florida.

What airline are you flying home with?
WOW, you are ahead of the game! My suitcase probably won't be coming out until next Friday (is it really next Friday already?! ). Heck, I'll probably be packing when we get home from the Brewer game.

That's right, soon they'll have the 10-day forecast and Dad just said how in a couple days we'll be able to do online check-in for the resort.

We are flying home on Southwest. Our flight is in the morning.

Quote:

There are AM EMH at DHS on Monday, so we will probably go there first. Although I expect DHS to be very crowded that day, the extra hour gives us a chance to hit the big headliners in the first 90 minutes or so before moving on to the other things Sarah wants to do at DHS. We can stay at DHS as long as there are things we want to do and the crowds are manageable.

Monday evening may be a good time to try to see Magic, Memories, and You and Wishes. We often seem to see Wishes on the night before departure, and it might be nice to see it earlier in the trip. Part of my thinking on this is that we will probably start the day at EPCOT on Tuesday, so we will not have to get up that early on Tuesday morning. Because MK will probably be hopelessly jammed on Monday afternoon and evening there would be no reason to get there too early. So, we could spend Monday afternoon at the pool or Fantasia Gardens. We could also get something to eat around the Boardwalk area (Beaches and Cream?) or Downtown Disney. If we go to MK, we might be able to catch a few of the lesser attractions or shows that have no more than a cycle wait (Philharmagic, Monsters, Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room) before getting in position to see the castle. I don't think we would try to get a curbside spot for the MSEP because we have seen that a few times.

On Tuesday morning we can start the day at EPCOT to do the major attractions, and spend more time seeing the Flower and Garden Festival displays and maybe trying a few Kim Possible missions when World Showcase opens. We can stay at the park as long as we want before walking back to the Boardwalk.

Sarah and I have also talked about taking a boat ride over to Port Orleans because we have never visited there. We could do that after dinner and get back to the Boardwalk early to rest up for an early morning on Wednesday.
Epcot would be good on Tuesday, especially if DAK has 7 am opening on Wednesday and like I said I sort of want to do that. It would be nice to sleep in a little on one morning atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
Have you tried calling T-Rex directly to get a reservation? They only release a small percentage of their reservation slots to the Disney system so there's usually a lot more availability if you call them directly. The number is 1-407-828-8739. I hope this helps!

The boat ride over to Port Orleans is nice and it's a pretty resort to walk around. Have a beignet for us if you do go visit!
My sister went to visit one of the Port Orleans resorts (I think she went to French Quarter?) during her CP and she said it was really pretty. We always like seeing the different resorts (especially ones we've never stayed at) so I hope we can finally make it over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Animal Kingdom is my second favorite park too! I LOVE IT!!! Sounds like a great day!

I'm glad they extended the park hours for yall! I would totally go to MK at 7 AM too! The early bird gets all the good rides done before the millions of other people come!
Yay, more AK love. Seriously, how can some people not like it?

Exactly! That's why we like it.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #145
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
We should really try to look at the exhibits in the Oasis. I don't think my dad would object to that.
I wouldn't object.

That sounds like a good thing to do if we go to DAK on Sunday afternoon/evening. If we stop there on our way out of the park it probably won't be too busy and we can look at things at our leisure without crowds rushing by.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #146
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I forgot about the Brewer game.

I am so busy during the week and helping my son yet, our trip is coming really quick now. We are flying home Sat. Evening.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #147
wisblue
DIS Veteran

For the fourth full day of our trip, Sarah and I are planning to go to DAK for EMH at 7AM. It could be fun being at the park that early to do a safari. Supposedly, the animals are more active early in the morning, so we'll see about that. That early start will also give us plenty of time to do whatever else we want in the park, including the major rides, strolling the trails, and seeing a show before noon. By then I will probably be ready to return to the Boardwalk for a rest.

If we feel like it, and if they're holding it that day, we could also stop in for the DVC's Welcome Home Wednesday since it is held right in our neighborhood at 2 PM. I'd like to take a shot at some of those neat prizes they give away.

Wednesday evening features the one DAR of our trip at Via Napoli. I would like to spend the time after dinner strollong around the World Showcase, possibly taking in a couple of the movies or the American Adventure show (one of my favorites in EPCOT). If we're up to it, we can also stay for Illunimations; it's always nice when you can just walk out of the park and back to your room after the show.

That could be a very full and entertaining day.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #148
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Girl....how did I miss this?? I am going to spend this evening catching up! Subbing now!
Hi Queen! Glad you found my PTR.

Quote:
I wouldn't object.

That sounds like a good thing to do if we go to DAK on Sunday afternoon/evening. If we stop there on our way out of the park it probably won't be too busy and we can look at things at our leisure without crowds rushing by.
haha, I didn't think you would.

Quote:
I forgot about the Brewer game.

I am so busy during the week and helping my son yet, our trip is coming really quick now. We are flying home Sat. Evening.
Yep, hopefully it'll be nice like it was the last time we went right before going to Florida. It was as warm here as it was down there.

Hope your son is doing better now. Can't believe it's almost the end of March!

Quote:
For the fourth full day of our trip, Sarah and I are planning to go to DAK for EMH at 7AM. It could be fun being at the park that early to do a safari. Supposedly, the animals are more active early in the morning, so we'll see about that. That early start will also give us plenty of time to do whatever else we want in the park, including the major rides, strolling the trails, and seeing a show before noon. By then I will probably be ready to return to the Boardwalk for a rest.

If we feel like it, and if they're holding it that day, we could also stop in for the DVC's Welcome Home Wednesday since it is held right in our neighborhood at 2 PM. I'd like to take a shot at some of those neat prizes they give away.

Wednesday evening features the one DAR of our trip at Via Napoli. I would like to spend the time after dinner strollong around the World Showcase, possibly taking in a couple of the movies or the American Adventure show (one of my favorites in EPCOT). If we're up to it, we can also stay for Illunimations; it's always nice when you can just walk out of the park and back to your room after the show.

That could be a very full and entertaining day.
Do they say anywhere on the DVC website when they have the Welcome Home Wednesdays? I know you said they don't do it every week anymore. I'd be willing to go if there is one on that day.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #149
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Do they say anywhere on the DVC website when they have the Welcome Home Wednesdays? I know you said they don't do it every week anymore. I'd be willing to go if there is one on that day.
The website just says that they have it on "most Wednesdays". There are a few dates listed for which the event won't be held, but those are all in February or November. But, they also say that the schedule is subject to change; the last time we stayed at the Boardwalk it was cancelled pretty late because of another event at the club. They directed people to the model room to pick up their caps.

Because we will be right there it should be easy for us to check to see if there will be an event, and it won't be a big deal if it's cancelled.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #150
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post

Thanks for that suggestion.

I did call and they confirmed that they take a lot more reservations than the ones they offer through the Disney website, and that they always allow some space for walkups.

So, now I have a reservation for 5:30 PM on Tuesday with no obligation because they don't charge for cancellations.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: