Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 02:57 AM   #1666
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – March 4, 2012 – Part 3

Day 3 – March 4, 2012 – Part 3

After getting some pics around CC, it was time for me to head on out of the park and meet up with my DA back at BWPPI. We plan on leaving Anaheim around 11am since she needed to get back home to Sacramento to do some work. It was around 9am when I decided to leave the park. So I just head on out of the park to meet up with my DA.

On the way out of the park, it was kind of busy around Adventuerland then NOS.

POTC extended queue is already out on the walkway ready for the huge lines that day.

Now back at the Hub and it started to pick up with more guests now in the park.

Walking down MS which more and more guests starting to come in that morning.

Town Square looked like a usual Sunday morning where the guests are in line for character greetings

While I was in MS TS, I decided to head on over to the Disney Gallery where the Trains of Disney is still there

After going through the Trains of Disney, I decided to leave DL and head on over to DTD to do some shopping that morning.

La Brea Bakery half side of the restaurant is under construction

I went to a few stores while I was in the area of DTD which was WoD and others. I bought a few things at the WoD store and after finishing up I decided to head on back to BWPPI to meet up with my DA.

I went back through the esplanade and took a few last second photos. Both parks started to get busy with more and more guests entering the parks.

Just passing through the security check point right by the bus loading zone has quite a line to get through.

I got back to BWPPI around 10am and we started to take our stuff to the car. We didn't leave BWPPI until 11am since I needed some time to rest until we hit the road.

We left around 11am and got back home to Sacramento around 7pm. This concludes our "Break from the Real World" trip for the two of us. It was a nice relaxation trip and also a bizarre trip.

We got to see Cars Land improved since November, the updates from the BSC and BVS. The bizarrest part of the trip was definitely Saturday when the park was closed that morning due to the bag outside the esplanade. I got to enjoy a nice Saturday morning at the park. It was also disappointing that the monorail was down during my visit. But maybe this upcoming trip I might be able to ride it and see what the construction is like at BVS. We got to do WoC during our trip since the fireworks were not running that Saturday night. It was a nice relaxation from the real world and it was even better with my DA instead of going on a solo trip.

Now that this TR is over, I will be back in SoCal tomorrow for a tournament at the Long Beach Convention Center this weekend. I am not planning on going to the parks tomorrow or Sunday, but there is a good chance that I wil be there on Saturday night. But we will wait and see if I will be at DL.

Thank you for reading "Break from the Real World" TR.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #1667
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Seems like it was a nice little trip. You left on Day Three before most people even arrived, lol. Hopefully, you get to go back tomorrow. Have fun on your current trip.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #1668
jennabennabofenna
Mouseketeer

Awesome Trip report! I am still reading some of it, but just wanted to tell you

(DH) (Me) (DD: 4) (DD: 2)

Disneyland Trips: TONS of trips between 1987-2005, Grad Nite 06,*AP's* 3/5/12-3/8/12-APH, 4/23/12-4/25/12-DIS, 2/13/13-2/16/13-APH,
jennabennabofenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #1669
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Seems like it was a nice little trip. You left on Day Three before most people even arrived, lol. Hopefully, you get to go back tomorrow. Have fun on your current trip.
Thank you Kim. It was a nice little trip to DL which turned out a bizarre weekend. I could have stayed a little long on Sunday morning at DL or DCA, but it was just getting crowded that morning and we needed to head on back to Sacramento. I am hoping for the same thing tomorrow afternoon. It is highly likely that I will be at DL on Saturday night for the fireworks.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabennabofenna View Post
Awesome Trip report! I am still reading some of it, but just wanted to tell you
Thank you jennabennabofenna.

Just wanted to tell everyone that i got here safely at SoCal. It was a long drive to SoCal with the heavy traffic on I-5. Hopefully I will be able to go to DL tomorrow afternoon if I finish really early at the Long Beach Convention Center.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #1670
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Glad you had safe travels Bret. Have fun at your conventions!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #1671
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Glad you had safe travels Bret. Have fun at your conventions!
Thank you TK. Today at the LB convention center, the event started a little late today. I was a little disappointed that the event started late today and it did cut in some time for DL tonight.

But right now I am in park waiting for RDCT fireworks tonight which I missed on my last trip early march. The weather is very nice tonight which is around the high 50s. The park is really crowded today which easily looks like a 10/10 crowd level today. The whole area around the Hub for the fireworks is all filled up with about 30 minutes until the fireworks.

I got in the park around 6pm today and I only went around the FL, Froniterland, NOS, and Adventureland. Now I am just waiting for the fireworks. I will post the pictures when I get back in Sacramento on Sunday night.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #1672
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Thank you TK. Today at the LB convention center, the event started a little late today. I was a little disappointed that the event started late today and it did cut in some time for DL tonight.

But right now I am in park waiting for RDCT fireworks tonight which I missed on my last trip early march. The weather is very nice tonight which is around the high 50s. The park is really crowded today which easily looks like a 10/10 crowd level today. The whole area around the Hub for the fireworks is all filled up with about 30 minutes until the fireworks.

I got in the park around 6pm today and I only went around the FL, Froniterland, NOS, and Adventureland. Now I am just waiting for the fireworks. I will post the pictures when I get back in Sacramento on Sunday night.
I'm glad you were able to get to the park for the fireworks! What a great way to end your day.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #1673
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm glad you were able to get to the park for the fireworks! What a great way to end your day.
Thank you TK. It was nice to watch RDCT on Saturday night. Not only that, I also had some time to watch MMY that night.

I also got to go to DL Sunday morning. Since the tournament started late on Saturday afternoon at Long Beach Convention Center and there was nothing else to do on Sunday morning, I decided to head on over to DL that morning. Good thing that I got to go to DL early Sunday morning because when my I left around noon it started to rain like crazy. I would say that the people who were at DL on Sunday afternoon got wet yesterday. I will post the pictures up later today. So stay tune for the first update to the TR.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #1674
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – March 24, 2012 – Part 1

Now it's time to get to the "Tourney at Long Beach & DL" TR. This trip is acutally to go to Long Beach to play at the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game 100th Championship Series tournament. I have been playing this card game ever since it came out back in 2004. Now almost over 8 years of playing the biggest tournament in trading card game history is about to happen.

The reason why I am particiapating this event is that it will be the 100th tournament and every player gets a participation mat.

I went down with my friend and his son who also plays with me. They are not big Disney fans so they will not be with me when I go to DL on Saturday.

I have been so excited these last few months to go to the event, but this event doesn't beet DL in anyway. I plan on being at the LB convention center for about half the day and I will use the rest of the day to go to DL that afternoon to night. This was a good opportunity to see RDCT fireworks after I didn't see it on my last trip earlier this month. While I was in DL, it would be a great opportunity to get some pics of BVS and possibly Cars Land. I might not be able to see Cars Land from MFW since it would be in the afternoon and the queue could easily be about 30+ mintues.

Enough of the talk now its time to get to the TR.

Day 1 – March 24, 2012 – Part 1

I'm not going to tell about my day on Saturday at the LB Convention Center since it was an awkward day. I'll tell a little bit that morning which was crazy. When we got to the convention center, there were way over 1000's of players at the event. But we didn't expect that the tournament have to use another part of the convention center to hold that many people. I heard that the tournament was over 4000 players. With that many players, it is in the book of Guinness Book of World Records as the biggest trading card game event. The old one was Magic the Gathering at 2000+. It was nice to be part of it. The bad thing about the event was that the event started 5 hours late at 3pm which did cut a lot of my time at DL that Saturday. After finishing the first round, I just left the event and head on back to the room to get my stuff for DL.

I got back to the room around 4pm and took a little break that afternoon. I went back to get my AP, cameras, and tripod for rDCT that night. So here is when I am at DL.

I arrived at DL around 6pm at the Mickey parking structure. Luckily it was already past 6pm which means no parking fees which I didn't have to pay since I am a AP holder. I got to park on the outside of the sturcture which is a good thing since I don't have to go up and down in the structure.

Took the tram and on the way to DTD and got to see the signs on the way.

[img]http://*****************************/7018476811_6d5819b23e_z.jpg[/img]

Hey Matt (skingfast) here is a cat that I saw when I was on the tram heading to DTD. You can barely see it but you can tell that it was a cat.

It was nice to see the monorails running again after not seeing them run during my last trip.

After getting off the tram and passing towards the security check point, the esplanade didn't look that busy that day. So I just head on over to DL to get my spot for RDCT at 8:40pm.

When I got inside DL around 6:05pm I knew that the 6:30pm Soundsational parade was going to happen. So I had to get out of MS quickly so I won't get caught up in the parade. I know that it would take awhile to get through MS when the parade is going on.

There were quite a number of people around MS TS to wait for the parade. So I just walked down MS to head on over to the Hub area so I can go on over to see what the Matterhorn is like after a few weeks when I was at DL.

[img]http://*****************************/6872380092_e6d693f317_z.jpg[/img]

When I passed Cafe Carnation, the facade on the former Blue Ribbon Bakery is taken down and it looks even better then ever.

At least I got past MS before the parade.

It is very nice to see the Matterhorn coming along. In a few weeks when I was there, you can barely see the top of the mountain. Now during this visit, the Matterhorn looks half done.

I head on over to FL to see the other side of the Matterhorn

Now I was in FL which was kind of busy around the whole area. Rides like AiW, Dumbo, SLCB, PP, etc. had long lines during dinner time.
[img]http://*****************************/7018500785_38c828c524_z.jpg[/img]

When I was around King Arthur's Carousel, there were a few CM security guards right between Dumbo and KAC. They even had the bomb sniffing dog in the area. But when I took the picture you can barely see the dog. Something must have happened around that area before I got there.

I will have the next update tomorrow from my day at DL that night which isn't dark yet.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #1675
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hi Bret,
How did the tournament go? What a difference a few weeks makes in the Carnation Cafe rehab and the Matterhorn.

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to your next update.

TK
Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #1676
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Bret,
How did the tournament go? What a difference a few weeks makes in the Carnation Cafe rehab and the Matterhorn.

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to your next update.

TK
The tournament was suppose to start at 10am, but due to more and more players entering the tournament. The tournament didn't officially started until 3pm. It did take a lot of my time at DL on Saturday afternoon. I heard that the tournament went all the way towards midnight and the next day it started at 8am. Talk about a short time to rest up after a long day at the tournament.

Carnation Cafe and the Matterhorn are completely different since the few weeks past since my last trip. I can't wait to see both of them ready for the summertime.

Your welcome TK.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #1677
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I wonder what that cat was doing there. We are not parade people, so we rush through them as well. Once, we got caught it one and missed our dinenr reservation time. No bueno. Another possible bomb threat? What is going on over there?
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #1678
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Hi Bret,

I finally finished reading about the trip with your DA. I love your Sunday morning pictures! Disneyland looks so bright and shiny, ready to start another day.

I'm all caught up with your latest TR as well. Wow, the outside of the old Blue Ribbon Bakery looks great. I can't believe how far the Matterhorn has come in those few weeks. It looks a lot different.

I'm curious about what was going on by the KAC.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #1679
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I wonder what that cat was doing there. We are not parade people, so we rush through them as well. Once, we got caught it one and missed our dinenr reservation time. No bueno. Another possible bomb threat? What is going on over there?
I wonder the same thing when I saw the cat on the tram heading towards DTD. It was neat to get a picture of a cat at the DLR. I have no watching any parades at any Disney parks. But since I am not watching it, I do not like to walk through the sides of the sidewalk during a parade since it does take awhile to get to my next destination. I haven't looked on the threads or sites about the area around KAC.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #1680
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Hi Bret,

I finally finished reading about the trip with your DA. I love your Sunday morning pictures! Disneyland looks so bright and shiny, ready to start another day.

I'm all caught up with your latest TR as well. Wow, the outside of the old Blue Ribbon Bakery looks great. I can't believe how far the Matterhorn has come in those few weeks. It looks a lot different.

I'm curious about what was going on by the KAC.
Thank you Deej.

The Blue Ribbon Bakery which will be part of Carnation Cafe looks really good as well as the Matterhorn.

I also wanted to find out what happened that afternoon around KAC.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: