Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #31
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
The regular resort rooms and club level rooms now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

Yes, the above are the machines being gradually installed at Port Orleans too - but the closest I can find online to this is Cuisinart's model below, which is a more 'rounded' design and does not appear to have the two stop/start buttons on the top:

(also in black, http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Comm.../dp/B001BL8WBG)

So has anyone been able to find that particular model/type that is showing up in Disney rooms?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 03-26-2012 at 03:03 PM.
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #32
francie57
DIS Veteran

Are the senso pods the same as the tassimo pods. Our daughter has a tassimo and lots of pods. Wonder if they would work
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #33
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are the senso pods the same as the tassimo pods. Our daughter has a tassimo and lots of pods. Wonder if they would work
No, these are not Tassimo T-Discs, nor are they Keurig K-Kups, they are Pods. They're round and soft. Senseo brand works, as does Melitta, Lavazza, etc. Amazon has a few you can order that will work.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #34
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie832 View Post
Hmmm...we have a Senseo machine we never use that was an Xmas present years ago. Thus, we also have a lot of pods. I wonder if those things ever expire...could use them at BWI this fall.
I would not... I switched from Senseo to Keurig a year ago and one reason I did is the Senseo pods got stale - quickly once the pouch was opened, and even in a few months when the pouch stayed unopened.

The pods are not individually sealed and coffee really only has a shelf life of a few months when kept sealed.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #35
jenrose66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
I would not... I switched from Senseo to Keurig a year ago and one reason I did is the Senseo pods got stale - quickly once the pouch was opened, and even in a few months when the pouch stayed unopened.

The pods are not individually sealed and coffee really only has a shelf life of a few months when kept sealed.
I really dislike the Senseo pods. We bought some at Wegmans to get us through until our online order came through, and the quality was terrible. I found the coffee to be awfully weak. If you read the instructions for Senseo it says one pod is good for a measly 4 ounces of water and if you want a stronger cup to use 2 pods...
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #36
Alice Sr.
BWV 1998 BCV 2002 SSR 2006 AKL 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtown25 View Post
I have had a Senseo for many years, and the pods have become very difficult to track down unless you order online. I have been able to consistently find them at Kohl's and Woodman's (a Wisconsin grocery chain).
Love Woodman's - they have everything. I have a Keurig and get the k-cups there now, their prices match the online prices. I will check there for the pods. I was going to buy an extra Keurig (on sale this week at Target) and store it in an OL but I will give this new coffee maker a try first. Thanks
Alice Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #37
Alexanderjohn
Earning My Ears

Hmmm,
Thanks guys for this information,
I come here for getting such solution of mine problem and I got it due to this topic thanks for it.
Alexanderjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #38
Sorcerina
Mouseketeer

Silly question
Don't they refill the pods during your stay? Or why do you bring the pods with you?
As we come from Germany I guess we are not allowed to bring "food" with us

Greets from Germany

Been to WDW 1999, 2005, 2012 and 2014 and almost 53 times to DLP

My PTR for the upcoming trip
Sorcerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #39
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Silly question
Don't they refill the pods during your stay? Or why do you bring the pods with you?
As we come from Germany I guess we are not allowed to bring "food" with us

Greets from Germany
Not a silly question, mousekeeping will replenish your pods as you use them or you can leave a note or call down to mousekeeping to have them leave a bunch for your stay.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #40
pxydst
Mouseketeer

Sorcerina... I would bring my own pods for the different flavored coffee's! That is the only reason!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #41
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I saw that Maxwell House had coffee pods when I was at the grocery store last night. I haven't had MH coffee in years. Think it's any good?
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #42
sophie832
Addicted to DL and WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post

Darn...ok, thanks for the tip. We really should just throw them out then. One of the things I never liked about Senseo was the lack of variety...Keurig has coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. It seemed like Senseo never caught on enough to diversify their options. Oh well.
January 2011 Dining Review!
sophie832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #43
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I saw that Maxwell House had coffee pods when I was at the grocery store last night. I haven't had MH coffee in years. Think it's any good?
Double check, but I think the MH Coffee (pods) are actually the filter packs that make 4 cups each. If they are they won't work. You need single-serve size pods.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #44
RebYork
Reb York

Are these coffee makers just in deluxe and moderate resorts? What about the value's? My wife loves her morning coffee and I love green tea. We are flying this time so it will be hard to bring our coffee maker.
RebYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #45
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebYork View Post
Are these coffee makers just in deluxe and moderate resorts? What about the value's? My wife loves her morning coffee and I love green tea. We are flying this time so it will be hard to bring our coffee maker.
Not in the Value Resorts. At least not yet.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: