Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #271
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
This puts me one step closer to joining team Tim in running( I mean walking)
Go for it Carl. When I watched DD race last year there were plenty of walkers. You just have to keep a fast enough pace. If I could physically do it, I would. As for joining team Tim, I will still cheer you on.
cj9200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #272
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Training week.... what week is this again?

Good thing this isn't a weight loss challenge.. I stepped on the scale this morning and saw this:

OK... well, it's not going down. But I guess running for 30 minutes at a time isn't going to make it go down much without a better diet and more exercise.

Anyways, last week was a good week. Besides my Sunday jog which was followed up with Pepe's pizza and canolli's, I ran on Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday. I thought I would have been able to sneak a weekend run in but it just didn't happen.

I just got back from running today. Man, it was windy. I didn't think wind can slow you down like that. It felt like I was fighting the whole time. There was a 20mph wind with gusts over 40mph. What Barry? You don't believe me?

(Taken from weather.com)

I hope there is NO wind in January.

Anyways, I hope to run 3 times this week and I am hoping to expand my mileage as well.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #273
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Why not? Let's go for it! Are you challenging me now?
Settle down, there Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I hate when that happens. Either the app messes up or you were running drunk.
My lawyer has instructed me to say the app messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I hope I can join in the fun! I started running for the 1st time in February, 2010 and finished the January, 2011 Disney 1/2 marathon so it definitely can be done! I'll be there in 2013 doing the Goofy....
As for the walking question - Plenty of people walk the half and full! Galloway - who writes the training plans for runDisney - is a big advocate of run/walk intervals.
Looks like you'll both have a lot of fun with this!

Amanda
Welcome! Always great to have inspiration stories like yours! It proves it can be done!

Quote:
Do it Carl!

Quote:
OK... well, it's not going down. But I guess running for 30 minutes at a time isn't going to make it go down much without a better diet and more exercise.
I'm with you - I need to incorporate more exercise in to my non-running days.

Quote:
I hope there is NO wind in January.
Oh, there will be wind. Exactly how much depends on what I have for breakfast that morning...
Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #274
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Week...Eleventy Billion?

Actually, we started this thread February 28th, so it hasn't quite been a month yet. And what a month it's been. I started not being able to do more than a few blocks without huffing and puffing and my legs burning. Last Thursday, I ran 4 1/2 miles without stopping to walk once. (I did stop once, but that was because I was crossing Main Street and didn't want to get hit by a car. But I did that silly "jog in place" thing until it was clear.)

I don't know what Tim is doing, but I'm counting my weeks Monday-Sunday, because I do this post every Monday to start a week. Or finish a week. I'm not sure. Either way, I paused half way though my Sunday morning run to send Tim this message:

Where are you running this morning Tim?

Just giving him a little "encouragement". That picture, by the way, is along Racine's lakefront, the zoo is just ahead on the left and the Wind Point lighthouse - being obscured by the fog over Lake Michigan - would be just right of center.

But on with the highly anticipated scale picture:

One pound. I guess it's progress, but like I mentioned at the start, measuring progress in miles is just as important.

I don't know how much I'll be able to run this week. I even purposely cut my Sunday run short (focusing on the hills down by the lake rather than distance). Why? Because we have a baby coming - possibly soon. As of Friday, Bambi was dilated to 4cm. Her dad made it up from Florida, so she encouraged me to go out for a run, but I was keeping it close to home, just to be on the safe side. I'm going to try to get 3 runs in this week, but honestly, that can all change in the blink of an eye. Or the contraction of a uterus , as the case may be.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #275
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Why? Because we have a baby coming - possibly soon. As of Friday, Bambi was dilated to 4cm. Her dad made it up from Florida, so she encouraged me to go out for a run, but I was keeping it close to home, just to be on the safe side. I'm going to try to get 3 runs in this week, but honestly, that can all change in the blink of an eye. Or the contraction of a uterus , as the case may be.
Now THAT'S exciting news! You guys are doing great with the running, but even Tim would excuse you if Ryder arrives.
Captain_Oblivious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #276
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Well I haven't been on the Dis much due to my non working computer and Apple's in ability to fix it properly but I may have to make an exception for this thread. Im excited for you Barry and Bambi. I hope Ryder's delivery is quick and easy and you can share with us pictures of a healthy baby boy.

Great job on the running to both of you. I know first hand how hard it can be to find the time with a little one at home. Keep it up. The glory of finishing will be worth it.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #277
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Come on, Ryder....we're all anxious to meet you.

Barry, you are doing a great job...keep it up.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #278
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Both you guys have gotten me to step up the running on my end. I THINK I MAY join you in Jan.

I said THINK, and MAY but you both have insprired me to take on the challenge.

Barry - Good luck with Bambi and Ryder's arrival. Safe, Quick and healthy. that's the way to do it.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #279
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Good luck with Ryder!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #280
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Quote:
Both you guys have gotten me to step up the running on my end. I THINK I MAY join you in Jan.

Barry - Good luck with Bambi and Ryder's arrival. Safe, Quick and healthy. that's the way to do it.
Or you could join me for the Princess. Tutu's and tiara's for all!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #281
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
I hope I can join in the fun! I started running for the 1st time in February, 2010 and finished the January, 2011 Disney 1/2 marathon so it definitely can be done! I'll be there in 2013 doing the Goofy....
As for the walking question - Plenty of people walk the half and full! Galloway - who writes the training plans for runDisney - is a big advocate of run/walk intervals.
Looks like you'll both have a lot of fun with this!

Amanda
Amanda!

The Goofy? You must be an accomplished runner!

I'm glad that we have a professional on this thread to correct all of Barry's running mistakes.

Quote:
You know, walking 13.1 miles while pulling a cooler behind you isn't the greatest of ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Go for it Carl. When I watched DD race last year there were plenty of walkers. You just have to keep a fast enough pace. If I could physically do it, I would. As for joining team Tim, I will still cheer you on.
LOL... I can't wait to see you cheering on my teammates!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #282
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Quote:
LOL... I can't wait to see you cheering on my teammates!
I can't wait to see Carl and his walker!

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #283
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Actually, we started this thread February 28th, so it hasn't quite been a month yet. And what a month it's been. I started not being able to do more than a few blocks without huffing and puffing and my legs burning. Last Thursday, I ran 4 1/2 miles without stopping to walk once.
Wow. That is great. You are doing better than me!

Quote:
(I did stop once, but that was because I was crossing Main Street and didn't want to get hit by a car. But I did that silly "jog in place" thing until it was clear.)
Oh no you didn't.

Any video of this?

Quote:
I don't know what Tim is doing, but I'm counting my weeks Monday-Sunday, because I do this post every Monday to start a week. Or finish a week. I'm not sure.
I was counting them Sun-Sat but I am taking the pic on Monday... Maybe I should count Monday - Sun too.

Quote:
Either way, I paused half way though my Sunday morning run to send Tim this message:

Where are you running this morning Tim?

Just giving him a little "encouragement". That picture, by the way, is along Racine's lakefront, the zoo is just ahead on the left and the Wind Point lighthouse - being obscured by the fog over Lake Michigan - would be just right of center.
That is a great place to run... I guess I have to take my phone with me to snap a few pics of where I run....

Quote:
I don't know how much I'll be able to run this week. I even purposely cut my Sunday run short (focusing on the hills down by the lake rather than distance). Why? Because we have a baby coming - possibly soon. As of Friday, Bambi was dilated to 4cm. Her dad made it up from Florida, so she encouraged me to go out for a run, but I was keeping it close to home, just to be on the safe side. I'm going to try to get 3 runs in this week, but honestly, that can all change in the blink of an eye. Or the contraction of a uterus , as the case may be.
Good luck! Tell Bambi we are all counting on her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Now THAT'S exciting news! You guys are doing great with the running, but even Tim would excuse you if Ryder arrives.
I guess I could give Barry a little leeway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Well I haven't been on the Dis much due to my non working computer and Apple's in ability to fix it properly but I may have to make an exception for this thread. Im excited for you Barry and Bambi. I hope Ryder's delivery is quick and easy and you can share with us pictures of a healthy baby boy.
I hope you get your computer fixed soon!

Quote:
Great job on the running to both of you. I know first hand how hard it can be to find the time with a little one at home. Keep it up. The glory of finishing will be worth it.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What am I? Chopped Liver?

Quote:
Team Tim or Team Barry?

Quote:
Oh, you said think.

Quote:
Juliana would love that!!! We have been in WDW during the princess a few times... not running though.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #284
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
I can't wait to see Carl and his walker!
HEY! You can't make fun of my teammate!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #285
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Excuse me? Probably? Use that time to continue training, and probably text me to remind me about it? Certainly.

Quote:
I'm sure a pic or two will find it's way on here...
Quote:
Thanks. I know I won't right away, but later in the summer or fall I may strap him in the jogging stroller and he can train with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Come on, Ryder....we're all anxious to meet you.

Thank you Kathy!

Quote:

We're infection, aren't we?

Quote:
Thanks!

Quote:
Good luck with Ryder!

Amanda
Thank you!
Quote:
If all you need for a race is tutus and tiaras, I'm sure we can fit some on Tim.

Quote:
I'm glad that we have a professional on this thread to correct all of Barry's running mistakes.
Left, Right,
Left, Right,
Left, Left. Dang! I messed it up again. This is hard!

Quote:
You know, walking 13.1 miles while pulling a cooler behind you isn't the greatest of ideas.
No, but running 13.1 miles next to us while pulling a cooler sounds promising...

Quote:
Oh no you didn't.

Any video of this?
Sorry, my phone is already playing music and using GPS to keep track of my location, speed, etc. It can't handle any more battery drain!

Quote:
I was counting them Sun-Sat but I am taking the pic on Monday... Maybe I should count Monday - Sun too.
Go ahead and say it. You know you want to. "Barry had a good idea"
Quote:
That is a great place to run... I guess I have to take my phone with me to snap a few pics of where I run....
That would be neat to see
Quote:
Good luck! Tell Bambi we are all counting on her!
Thanks! I will.

Quote:
What am I? Chopped Liver?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: