Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #1456
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,490
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
I hope this isn't a repeat - I tried searching the thread but came up empty.

On Monday we called to change our resort from BC to GF.

Today we rec'd our "Mickey Mail" packet and I see that the yellow DME tags and vouchers are now included in the same mailing with the hotel info, souvenier luggage tags and the coupons for Planet Hollywood, etc. Everything in the packet still references BC, including the DME tags.

Has anyone had any experience changing resort after your tags have been sent out? Did they send you new tags?

The CM mentioned that she was requesting a new packet to be sent but that we could use the DME tags from the BC so I'm not sure if that means the new packet won't include new DME. I'd prefer to have ones that have the correct resort on it but I'm not sure if they automatically send them or if I could call DME directly and request them.

Any advice as to the best way to proceed?
Is your reservation number the same??? If the reservation number stayed the same when you changed resorts, you won't have any issues. Even though the DME luggage tags say Epcot Area/BC, the actual number, when scanned, will say GF.

If the new packet doesn't get to you, don't worry about it...unless the number changed. BUT...the reservation number doesn't usually change.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #1457
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran
 
LittleStinkerbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro NYC Area
Posts: 3,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Is your reservation number the same??? If the reservation number stayed the same when you changed resorts, you won't have any issues. Even though the DME luggage tags say Epcot Area/BC, the actual number, when scanned, will say GF.

If the new packet doesn't get to you, don't worry about it...unless the number changed. BUT...the reservation number doesn't usually change.
Thank you for the response. We do have the same reservation number.
__________________
Recent trips: BWI - 2014, BC/POR - 2013, GF - 2012, BWI - 2011, Poly - 2011, BWI - 2010, GF - 2010, Poly - 2009, Pop - 2008, BC - 2008 and many more!

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #1458
snowbird gal
Earning My Ears
 
snowbird gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: southern NS
Posts: 34

Question Sorry if this has already been answered, but....

We have a ressie for DME, but what happens if our DME tags do not arrive in time? Did we have to go get our bags ourself? Please help


snowbird gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #1459
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,490
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird gal View Post
We have a ressie for DME, but what happens if our DME tags do not arrive in time? Did we have to go get our bags ourself? Please help


You should call DME directly and make sure you are listed in their system. Then, if you don't get your info packet prior to travel, you have two options...
1. You can have DME personnel get your bags for you, and transport them to your resort. You will need to give them a description of the bags and the baggage claim numbers. It might help if you put something on your bags to make them stand out...really bright ribbon for instance.
or
2. go to baggage claim yourself and get your bags and then go to DME checkin. Your bags will go beneath the bus you are traveling on, and handed to you upon arrival at your resort.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #1460
snowbird gal
Earning My Ears
 
snowbird gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: southern NS
Posts: 34

Cool Thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
You should call DME directly and make sure you are listed in their system. Then, if you don't get your info packet prior to travel, you have two options...
1. You can have DME personnel get your bags for you, and transport them to your resort. You will need to give them a description of the bags and the baggage claim numbers. It might help if you put something on your bags to make them stand out...really bright ribbon for instance.
or
2. go to baggage claim yourself and get your bags and then go to DME checkin. Your bags will go beneath the bus you are traveling on, and handed to you upon arrival at your resort.
Thanks
snowbird gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #1461
snowbird gal
Earning My Ears
 
snowbird gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: southern NS
Posts: 34

Cool Got our tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird gal View Post
Thanks
Haha, we actually got our luggages tags yesterday! Soooooo excited!

snowbird gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #1462
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,490
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird gal View Post
Haha, we actually got our luggages tags yesterday! Soooooo excited!

Have a wonderful time....I can't wait for my next mother/daughter trip to WDW!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #1463
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver
 
flyergrad09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Heart of It All
Posts: 347

I'd like to start off by apologizing. I'm a worrier and I've never used DME before, and have only stayed on-site one other time and it was part of a large group, so it was very different. I just want to clarify the process for our trip in May.

Our flight gets into MCO at 10 AM. When we land, we go to the desk for DME at the airport (I found the thread with the picture guides - very helpful!) and check in for the buses to our resort. Then we board the buses with just our carry-ons, and we're happily reunited with our luggage at a later point.

Here's where things get confusing for me. My estimate is that we'll be at ASMu by noon and at Hollywood Studios by 1. But we can't check in to our hotel until 3 PM. So will our luggage still be delivered to a room that will become ours later in the day before we check in at the hotel, or will we have to leave Hollywood Studios after 3 and come back to the hotel to check in, and that's what starts the luggage delivery process? I'm not super picky about when our luggage is delivered, but it would be nice to have it before bedtime considering our flight gets in at 10 AM.

Or, I just saw something about online check-in for the resorts... if we did that, would that be a better way to get our luggage to us without having to wait until 3 PM to start the check-in process?

Thanks so much for any advice!
__________________




Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #1464
Alesia
DIS Veteran
 
Alesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Orange Barrel Capitol of the World
Posts: 10,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I'd like to start off by apologizing. I'm a worrier and I've never used DME before, and have only stayed on-site one other time and it was part of a large group, so it was very different. I just want to clarify the process for our trip in May.

Our flight gets into MCO at 10 AM. When we land, we go to the desk for DME at the airport (I found the thread with the picture guides - very helpful!) and check in for the buses to our resort. Then we board the buses with just our carry-ons, and we're happily reunited with our luggage at a later point.

Here's where things get confusing for me. My estimate is that we'll be at ASMu by noon and at Hollywood Studios by 1. But we can't check in to our hotel until 3 PM. So will our luggage still be delivered to a room that will become ours later in the day before we check in at the hotel, or will we have to leave Hollywood Studios after 3 and come back to the hotel to check in, and that's what starts the luggage delivery process? I'm not super picky about when our luggage is delivered, but it would be nice to have it before bedtime considering our flight gets in at 10 AM.

Or, I just saw something about online check-in for the resorts... if we did that, would that be a better way to get our luggage to us without having to wait until 3 PM to start the check-in process?

Thanks so much for any advice!
Official check in time is 3:00 pm, but you can check in as early as 6:30 am. You'll probably arrive at the resort around 11:30, check in drop off your carry ons with luggage services, and head to the park. Your luggage be in your room when you return from the park.

You can check in online if you want to, but it won't affect your luggage delivery time.
__________________

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #1465
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,490
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I'd like to start off by apologizing. I'm a worrier and I've never used DME before, and have only stayed on-site one other time and it was part of a large group, so it was very different. I just want to clarify the process for our trip in May.

Our flight gets into MCO at 10 AM. When we land, we go to the desk for DME at the airport (I found the thread with the picture guides - very helpful!) and check in for the buses to our resort. Then we board the buses with just our carry-ons, and we're happily reunited with our luggage at a later point.

Here's where things get confusing for me. My estimate is that we'll be at ASMu by noon and at Hollywood Studios by 1. But we can't check in to our hotel until 3 PM. So will our luggage still be delivered to a room that will become ours later in the day before we check in at the hotel, or will we have to leave Hollywood Studios after 3 and come back to the hotel to check in, and that's what starts the luggage delivery process? I'm not super picky about when our luggage is delivered, but it would be nice to have it before bedtime considering our flight gets in at 10 AM.

Or, I just saw something about online check-in for the resorts... if we did that, would that be a better way to get our luggage to us without having to wait until 3 PM to start the check-in process?

Thanks so much for any advice!
Okay....first, take a deep breath...better?? If your flight arrives, ontime, at 10:00, you should be at ASMu by 11:30. You can then check-in. Yes, the official time is 3:00, but you may very well be surprised and be able to get into your room right away. Happens a lot. If the room is ready, go there and get freshened up. If the room isn't ready yet, just leave your carryon bags with luggage assistence. Your checked bags will be delivered to your room as soon as they arrive and when the room is ready. No need for you to do anything regarding these bags.

So...if you arrive at ASMu at 11:30, and your room is ready, you should be able to be on a bus to DHS by 12:30. If the room isn't ready yet, you can be at DHS even faster...since you won't have a room to go and check out!!! But, be careful about booking any ADRs for within 5 hrs of planned arrival. If your flight is delayed, you could find yourself having to pay a fee for a no-show at the ADR.
Last Dec my dd and I were 'supposed' to be doing a special meet with Jim Korkis at the CR, which we paid for. It should have been no problem at all....our flight was supposed to land at 10am, the meet was at 1, and we were staying at the CR at BLT. But, our flight was delayed by 3 hrs due to a mechanical issue. We took off from Boston at 10am, the time we 'should have' been arriving at MCO. We missed the talk completely, but thankfully my friend got me all the 'stuff' handed out and we were able to meet the group at CoP for the group ride!! But, stuff does happen...so plan accordingly!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #1466
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver
 
flyergrad09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Heart of It All
Posts: 347

Thanks Alesia and goofy4tink for your help! I'm sure it'll be easier once I've done it once. We don't have any ADRs, so no worries, plus DHS has EMH that evening and we're night owls. I have a EMH question, but I'll send that over to the parks boards. Thanks so much!
__________________




Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #1467
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,538

Sample DME booklet

Thought this might help the thread.

Not too long ago I found this sample PDF file showing what a DME booklet and luggage tags look like.

(Note that all the content in this file is samples, not real vouchers or tags.)

Link here to a PDF download:
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...on_Booklet.pdf
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #1468
catne
DIS Veteran
 
catne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 8,380

Are the Magic Express tags still sent separately or are they in the hotel reservation "mickey mail" now?
__________________
Cathy from Nebraska
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #1469
catne
DIS Veteran
 
catne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 8,380

?
bumping for answer to ME tags question?
__________________
Cathy from Nebraska
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #1470
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Are the Magic Express tags still sent separately or are they in the hotel reservation "mickey mail" now?
Reports are that they are starting to be sent together with your package information, but there may still be some cases where they are sent separately.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: