Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #136
Whisky In A VAse
Mouseketeer

All getting very excited for this cruise... I am still trying very hard to finish the video from our cruise last May when we went onto the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Disney Magic. Still feels like days ago, probably because we discuss it everyday... The shows, the meals, the activities, the characters, the weather, the port calls, the fireworks, exchanging gifts with the Fish Extenders, DISNEY MAGIC was just magical.... Can't wait to do it all again.... Check my signature and you can see the video's, think the cruise starts on Day 10... Very happy memories...

2001 Rodeway Inn, Florida. 2004 Sequioa Lodge, Disneyland Resort Paris.
2005 Liki Tiki Village, Florida. 2005 Pop Century, Florida.
2006 Sequioa Lodge, Disneyland Resort Paris. 2007 Sequioa Lodge, Disneyland Resort Paris.
2008 Windsor Hills Resort, Florida. 2009 Emerald Island, Florida. 2010 Lindfields, Florida.
2011 Hampton Lakes & Disney Magic, Florida. 2012 Pop Century, Florida.

Whisky In A VAse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #137
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehringdg View Post
I was a little concerned that there wouldn't be much for an 18 year old to do as well. He's been on one DCL so far and enjoyed the teen club. This seems to be a strange age (in more than one way ). No teen club and not old enough for the adult areas. Hopefully, he'll be interested in the history and other cultural activities at the ports. He likes history, so this should be a good trip for him.
Actually, the adult areas are 18 and up. So he can go there if he wants. My DD is looking forward to eating in Palo and going to the adult only pool...mainly to get away from her younger sisters. She is young at heart though, so I know she will still want to do "teen" stuff. I think this cruise will be different from all the others, we will be doing a lot of "tours" and will be off the ship and going a lot more than usual, so I'm expecting the kids(even my "adult" one) to be exausted by the end of each day.
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #138
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Thank you all for welcomes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehringdg View Post
Looks like we could be meeting in Sept. We are planning for the whole family to be on the Sept NYC cruise as well. Our youngest two (DD 6 and DS 5) will be joining us for the NYC cruise. We're thinking of flying out of NYC to Barcelona instead of from home (could save ~$600/person).
Looking forward to meeting you. Both cruises should be a lot of fun!!!

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Last edited by Evad; 03-22-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Evad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #139
the great cornholeo
Hooked!

Okay So I'm finally committing. I'm Dismom's SIL. Me, my DH, and my DS (11 at the time of cruising) will be joing my SIL and her family along with my mom and Dad (as of now).

We will be in 6136 and we come from Newburyport, MA. This will be our 4th cruise and I cannot wait to get back on the boat. Now let's hope that I can afford the plane tickets... Andrea can't you do something about that.

DM DH: : DS 10

Disney Magic 10/3/09
Disney Dream B2B 10/2/11 & 10/6/11
Disney Magic 2/15/13
the great cornholeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #140
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great cornholeo View Post
Okay So I'm finally committing. I'm Dismom's SIL. Me, my DH, and my DS (11 at the time of cruising) will be joing my SIL and her family along with my mom and Dad (as of now).

We will be in 6136 and we come from Newburyport, MA. This will be our 4th cruise and I cannot wait to get back on the boat. Now let's hope that I can afford the plane tickets... Andrea can't you do something about that.
YAY you finally made it over here! Now you just need to mosey on over to the Feb. 16th Fantasy thread and let them know you aren't going on that one. I will help pay for your plane tickets if you help pay for my second cabin.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #141
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

We're growing in numbers now.

I emailed my TA this morning to see if I could possibly move to deck 2 as my boys asked to have the large single port hole. Hopefully I will not get seasick, but want to stay as low down as possible as I heard this helps.

I have to wait until next Tuesday to find out though, as my TA is out of the office until then. No rush I guess, 433 days 19 hours to go, or 10411 hours.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #142
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Hi all! So...either I have to much time on my hands or I'm too excited about this trip! I've created a website just for the June 1st 2013 Med cruise. I'm trying to put all of the info in one spot just to make it a little easier to find. I'm not done with it because we don't have all of the information seeing as the cruise is over a year away but I'll add things as I get them.

I took the information off of valbob's spreadsheet and have included this for a roll call. If you would like your name off of this site (or added if I've missed anyone) or need something corrected please PM me or click on Minnie at the bottom of the first page to send me a message.

I'm open to suggestions so please take a look and let me know if there is anything that you'd like me to include! I'll be working on the FE Exchange page soon so you can PM me or send me a message if you'd like to participate. I've never done one so if you know what I should include on there please let me know.

http://medmagic06012013.weebly.com/index.html
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #143
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Hi all! So...either I have to much time on my hands or I'm too excited about this trip! I've created a website just for the June 1st 2013 Med cruise. I'm trying to put all of the info in one spot just to make it a little easier to find. I'm not done with it because we don't have all of the information seeing as the cruise is over a year away but I'll add things as I get them.

I took the information off of valbob's spreadsheet and have included this for a roll call. If you would like your name off of this site (or added if I've missed anyone) or need something corrected please PM me or click on Minnie at the bottom of the first page to send me a message.

I'm open to suggestions so please take a look and let me know if there is anything that you'd like me to include! I'll be working on the FE Exchange page soon so you can PM me or send me a message if you'd like to participate. I've never done one so if you know what I should include on there please let me know.

Love the website! Very nice job.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #144
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
We're growing in numbers now.

I emailed my TA this morning to see if I could possibly move to deck 2 as my boys asked to have the large single port hole. Hopefully I will not get seasick, but want to stay as low down as possible as I heard this helps.

I have to wait until next Tuesday to find out though, as my TA is out of the office until then. No rush I guess, 433 days 19 hours to go, or 10411 hours.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #145
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'll move the link to the first postings. Val

Last edited by valbob89; 03-26-2012 at 10:16 AM.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #146
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hi Tracey, fab site. I have just book marked it.

I will probably participate in the FE, I actually picked up something little today for the kids. lol

I think it would be nice to pin somewhere how many boys and how many girls are on the cruise. Just thinking, because I am noticing lots of girls about the same age and limited boys. This is purely for my own selfish reasoning as to who my boys may get to know and also, for FE count. Making it easier to know what sort of item and age range to buy for (plenty of time I know). lol

Rhian

Old 03-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #147
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
Hi Tracey, fab site. I have just book marked it.

I will probably participate in the FE, I actually picked up something little today for the kids. lol

I think it would be nice to pin somewhere how many boys and how many girls are on the cruise. Just thinking, because I am noticing lots of girls about the same age and limited boys. This is purely for my own selfish reasoning as to who my boys may get to know and also, for FE count. Making it easier to know what sort of item and age range to buy for (plenty of time I know). lol

Rhian
I started looking at some items for the FE too. I'm trying to find some things that aren't really big so I can fit them in my carr on!

Hopefully I'll have a little time soon and I can put together something to see how many kiddos we have on our cruise! I hope we do a DISmeet so we can get the kids together to meet each other. It'll be nice for them to have some friends right away!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #148
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Tracerr00, thanks for the website! DH can't wait to book the air. We're hoping to use his miles from all of his work travels!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #149
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Cool website! My family will be participating in the FE....can't wait.
My DD(12) brought home some school work the other day, they are studying ancient Rome and they read a book about Pompei. I was so excited to see that!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #150
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Cool website! My family will be participating in the FE....can't wait.
My DD(12) brought home some school work the other day, they are studying ancient Rome and they read a book about Pompei. I was so excited to see that!
My 8 year old son will be doing "Gladiators" next term and my 6 year old read a book about chariots which piqued my 8 year old interest. He read it also (only a story book) but they were really interested and even want to watch "Ben Hur". So, over the Easter holidays I guess we will watch that.

Seems like we are all getting a little more excited now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: