Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #151
Alexis Green
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Can I ask why? I just booked a stateroom way in the aft (2nd room from the end of hall) with a white wall verandah? Why is it a bad choice? Thanks!
It just didn't work for us. The only way we could enjoy our verandah was standing up and looking over the edge. Sitting down wasn't an option since neither of us could see over the edge. The stateroom was beautiful and very clean though. We were in room 7632 on the Magic.
I get sea sick easily and the aft rocked like crazy on our trip. For us it just didn't work, but I'm not saying don't keep it. Everyone has their own preferences.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #152
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

One thing we will never do again is show up earlier than 11:30 - 12:00 to board the ship. Last cruise we slept in, ate breakfast leisurely, got dressed and arrived at the port about 11:40. We walked right through security, right through check-in and onto the ship.

From the time we were dropped off by the shuttle until the time we were being greeted by cast members was 15 minutes tops.

For us there is no reason to spend a few hours standing around the port doing absolutely nothing. It gets hot, crowded, loud and people start pushing when numbers are called. Not our idea of a fun way to start a cruise.

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #153
dgundry
Disney's In My DNA

WOULD DO AGAIN:

1. Eat at Palo (The much heralded Chocolate Souffle is beyond comparison)
2. Get a cruise-long pass for the Rainforest Room (and USE IT even more)
3. See Disney's Believe again (not a single bad thing to say about it - all around, a great show)
4. Have drinks at Meridian on the 12th floor (a totally different bar experience than in the District)
5. Order those big, warm, super-delicious chocolate chip cookies and a few cartons of milk every night (or when I wake up in the middle of the night)
6. Try another tasting (had a super great time doing the Champagne Tasting with Nebojsa and found my wife a champagne she now loves!)

WOULD DO (BUT DIDN'T LAST TIME):

1. Ride the Aquaduck during the daytime (only rode it at night)
2. See the two shows we missed
3. Relax at Serenity Bay (timing didn't allow for it)

WOULD NOT DO AGAIN:

1. Bring alcohol onboard (we didn't drink in our room at all as we thought we might)
2. Get the "Shave of All Shaves" in the Spa - worst part of my trip

dgundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #154
tinafish
Earning My Ears

How do you sign up for Tea at Palo? I didn't see it as an option in the planning center and would love to sign up.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #155
ppan77
DIS Veteran

subbing
Dh Me DS6 DD4

ppan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #156
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim&Chris View Post
I agree with you on the PJ's. In fact, I've started packing "junkie" T-shirts, and tossing them out when I'm done with them (instead of bringing them home...this allows for more packing space for the trip home).
oh, great idea!! love it!!
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #157
merriwthr
Mouseketeer

Just read through this entire thread - thanks for all the great do's and don'ts! We are going on our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy in December - so I can't wait to hear the "Do's and Don't's" from all the Fantasy Cruisers before me!

But I have a question - Where are you getting the Dooney bags?? I've always wanted one!

These are the tips I've noted so far -

-I really like the idea of "disposable jammies and undies"! More room for shopping!
-Windex wipes - I'd already added lysol wipes for excursions
-Over the door holder and pop-up laundry bag; and doing laundry mid cruise so as not to over pack! I am a very famous overpacker in my family!!

I can't wait to be able to add to this thread! Keep the do's and don't's coming!!

Michelle
Old 03-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #158
sherwoodcruisers
Earning My Ears

First timers... So excited

This thread has been amazing! I have written down lots of tips. Myself, my DH, DD (11) and DS (7) are going on our first cruise November 11, 2012 on the Wonder, and we can't wait. We are travelling with friends and are looking forward to it.
This may be a silly question, but what is a Dooney Bag?

Thanks again for all of the great ideas!

Kim
sherwoodcruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #159
Cruella 66
DIS Veteran

Location: Two stars to the right and straight on until morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwoodcruisers View Post
This may be a silly question, but what is a Dooney Bag?

Thanks again for all of the great ideas!

Kim
It's a Dooney and Bourke (may have spelled that wrong) handbag that is made exclusively for Disney in special Disney fabrics. Google them and you'll see them. I have one and LOVE it!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #160
sherwoodcruisers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella 66 View Post
It's a Dooney and Bourke (may have spelled that wrong) handbag that is made exclusively for Disney in special Disney fabrics. Google them and you'll see them. I have one and LOVE it!
Thanks alot for the follow up!
sherwoodcruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #161
KYDIZFAN
Mouseketeer

If you do a Mediterranean cruise you absolutely need to book your shore excursions before you sail they fill up quickly.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #162
TinaRN
Mouseketeer

You have to go under My Cruise Activities, choose a day, select Adult Dining, then see if it is available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinafish View Post
How do you sign up for Tea at Palo? I didn't see it as an option in the planning center and would love to sign up.

DCL Fantasy Western May 2012
WDW, US, & IOA April 2011, US & IOA May 2011
NCL'S POA Hawaiian Cruise & Vacation July 2010
WDW Pop Century May 2009
DCL Magic Western Nov 2004
WDW FW Campground Sept 2002
WDW offsite Dec 1995
WDW Polynesian(Honeymoon) July 1990
WDW offsite 1980
TinaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:32 AM   #163
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinafish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaRN View Post
You have to go under My Cruise Activities, choose a day, select Adult Dining, then see if it is available.
I'd also like to add to this: High Tea is only available on Sea Days. So, if you have a 3 day (no sea days) then it will not be available.
I only know this because this is what DH and I have been sold on when we first ordered the planning dvd lol

I can't wait to come back to this thread and put my do's and don'ts down after our first disney cruise!

Past Disney Trips
Disneyland 199520052013
Disney World 2008 CBR (Honeymoon) • 2011 POFQ • 2012 AoA/POR • 2013 AKV/CBR
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #164
annabug
Mouseketeer

I'm literally taking notes!
And I have decided I'm not going to be visiting the spa

So many mixed reviews, and I just don't want to waste precious time and money if it's not am amazing experience!

Thanx for all the tips!
Annabug

(me) (DH) (DD) (DS)
annabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #165
Cathy718