Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #256
tink20
DIS Veteran

We have QS dining (free). If DS wants what is on the kid's menu, can I get it with the QS credit or do I have to pay OOP? He eats small portions. He is 10, so he is on the adult dining plan. This may just be at a few restaurants, not every meal. TIA
Old 02-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #257
hopearoo
Earning My Ears

using child CS points for adult meal

We have not been to disney in almost 2 years (going back this fall), but when we were there we able to use a childs CS on an adult meal, no matter the place or availability of childrens meals.
This is no longer allowed?? Or is it simply frowned upon and not advertised?

Plus, the childrens menus are pretty much same everywhere. If you are looking for a change most places will make a grilled cheese if they able. just ask!
hopearoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #258
catne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopearoo View Post
We have not been to disney in almost 2 years (going back this fall), but when we were there we able to use a childs CS on an adult meal, no matter the place or availability of childrens meals.
This is no longer allowed?? Or is it simply frowned upon and not advertised?

Plus, the childrens menus are pretty much same everywhere. If you are looking for a change most places will make a grilled cheese if they able. just ask!
The dining plan brochure explains that you are supposed to use child's credits to purchase child's meals only, unless no separate child's menu is available. It has actually always had that in there. So yeah, most people would frown upon the idea of taking something you didn't pay for...

For a whole lot of helpful info, if you read the first post on this thread, you'll see the places that do not have separate kid's menus, and what your kids can get at those places.

But the majority of counter service places do have kids menus, and those are all listed in that first post, too...with the menu items available on kids menus. This helps when you're looking for the different meal components available at various restaurants (so kids don't always have to eat chicken nuggets or uncrustables.)
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #259
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Disney says you are not supposed to use child credits for an adult meal (except at restaurants that have no children's menu). It is published in their Dining Plan brochure. Because of that, it is the policy of the Restaurant boards that discussion of doing so will be deleted.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #260
Pine View
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
For a whole lot of helpful info, if you read the first post on this thread, you'll see the places that do not have separate kid's menus, and what your kids can get at those places.
Does anyone know if the info from the first post from 2 years ago has been updated since. If so could you give the post number.

I will be leaving in May with a 2&6 year old. I was buying the DDP with the 1q-1 sit down. Not sure what it is called here. The 6year old likes adult meals, so was planing to let him have mine. The 2 year old can have the kids meal if I can find anything he likes. I would like to hit resturants that don't have kids menus so I can eat onece in a while I will do buffets for the sit down so we can all eat once a day. Does that sound like a workable plan?

Pine View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #261
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View View Post
Does anyone know if the info from the first post from 2 years ago has been updated since. If so could you give the post number.

I will be leaving in May with a 2&6 year old. I was buying the DDP with the 1q-1 sit down. Not sure what it is called here. The 6year old likes adult meals, so was planing to let him have mine. The 2 year old can have the kids meal if I can find anything he likes. I would like to hit resturants that don't have kids menus so I can eat onece in a while I will do buffets for the sit down so we can all eat once a day. Does that sound like a workable plan?
Casey's Corner in MK doesn't have a kids menu but it's only hot dogs/corn dogs there.

Pizza Planet has a kids menu but if you ask for the kids pepperoni pizza (not listed on the menu) they give you an adult sized one, I guess because they are too busy to make one(?). Other places just make you a kid sized one when you ask. So it works out to a nice deal there if you want to share a meal. (of course YMMV, we haven't been to pizza planet since last spring)

ETA~ just checked the first post. It is correct/updated.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #262
Pine View
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Casey's Corner in MK doesn't have a kids menu but it's only hot dogs/corn dogs there.

Pizza Planet has a kids menu but if you ask for the kids pepperoni pizza (not listed on the menu) they give you an adult sized one, I guess because they are too busy to make one(?). Other places just make you a kid sized one when you ask. So it works out to a nice deal there if you want to share a meal. (of course YMMV, we haven't been to pizza planet since last spring)

ETA~ just checked the first post. It is correct/updated.
Thank You!

Pine View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:31 AM   #263
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Do I have to specify how many kids meal to deduct when I order from Casey?

Are the total adult and child QS credits still lump together without differentiation or do they differentiate them, now? When I order from Casey for eg, which does not have child meals, do I need to specify if it is a child or adult credit that I want deducted? Will they just deduct from my adult qs credits?

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #264
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They will deduct from the total pool of credits. It is up to you to keep track of how many child's price credits you have left.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #265
hunter.deal
Considering June - I know I'm late for planning

9 when purchasing 10 when arriving

Have not purchased anything yet for a trip we want to take the first week of June to WDW. Wife is looking into Disney points for the room portion of the trip but I've been looking at the dining stuff. The short of the question is this... I'm trying to determine how the purchasing works with the Dining plan and when or if I'm putting in ages and dates. I do not want to lie outright but curious if I purchase now when my son is 9 (so I'm able to get the kids meal plan) but he will be 10 when we arrive. My goal is to have him on kids MP because he eats very little...

even after typing and reading this I'm cringing but I'll hit post anyway
hunter.deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #266
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

It is a good question, you shouldn't cringe!

Disney makes it simple, it's the same rule across the board, and that rule is that you are the age you were when you checked in. So if he's 10 when you check in, that's how old he will be for the trip.

If you checked in when he was 9 and he turned 10 the next day, he'd be 9 for the entire trip.

Hope this helps!
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #267
hunter.deal
Considering June - I know I'm late for planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
It is a good question, you shouldn't cringe!

Disney makes it simple, it's the same rule across the board, and that rule is that you are the age you were when you checked in. So if he's 10 when you check in, that's how old he will be for the trip.

If you checked in when he was 9 and he turned 10 the next day, he'd be 9 for the entire trip.

Hope this helps!
Yes it does help clarify it for me... Thank you.
hunter.deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:10 AM   #268
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

I have looked all over for the answer to this question and have not seen it.

We are a large group possibly getting the DxDDP. We plan some signature meals for some of the adults using 2 credits. We know we will have extra kid tableservice credits, and were thinking we would use those for kid CS meals, some of the time.

I don't really see anything about how the Deluxe credits are tracked. I know it is possible that we will go to some of the CS places that don't have children's meals. Do I need to make sure that the CM knows that they should use the Kids table service credits? How can I tell that they have done it correctly? I sure would hate to have them use the adult table service credits for that !

Does anyone have an image or can you point me to one, of the receipt showing how deluxe credits are tracked on receipt?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #269
triciamek
Earning My Ears

sorry if this has been asked/answered - I'm just trying to wrap my mind around how the childrens credits work at places without a kids menu. If my daughter wants a corn dog from Caseys in MK (I think this is the only place with corndogs) - will it make us short an adult credit later?
triciamek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #270
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I have looked all over for the answer to this question and have not seen it.

We are a large group possibly getting the DxDDP. We plan some signature meals for some of the adults using 2 credits. We know we will have extra kid tableservice credits, and were thinking we would use those for kid CS meals, some of the time.

I don't really see anything about how the Deluxe credits are tracked. I know it is possible that we will go to some of the CS places that don't have children's meals. Do I need to make sure that the CM knows that they should use the Kids table service credits? How can I tell that they have done it correctly? I sure would hate to have them use the adult table service credits for that !

Does anyone have an image or can you point me to one, of the receipt showing how deluxe credits are tracked on receipt?

Thanks!
You have meal credits on the Deluxe plan. There is no distinction between CS or TS, so they will never use an adult TS credit for a child's meal.

Just make sure that you order kids meals when they are available, and you'll be fine.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: