Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #31
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

I am just loving that video

I can't believe you guys were as awake as you were since you were up that early in the morning during our DisMeet.

Waiting for more.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #32
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Posted! BTW- do you know if there is a way for me to delete my double post??? I am a dork!
We must have been posting at the same time! I totally missed your video update, and I've been waiting all day for it - figures...

Nope, there's no way to delete your post... Just consider it upping your post count and move on.

D~ <--- Who is wating ever so patiently for your video to load. I am sure I'll brb to comment on that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #33
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

OMG!!! That video was amazing! I called the girls in here to watch it with me, and I told them... Can you believe we met them that night??? LOL My girls and I thought it was the sweetest video ever. We loved Jillian's tears of happiness... And your little guy, so exctied to go on his first airplane ride... Soooo sweet! What an awesome video!!!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us - it's such a special thing - and I love how you all revealed it and pulled it off! Spectacular!

D~
Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #34
wakica
DIS Veteran

AWESOME REVEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was so great

Can't wait to hear about the rest now

Me dh dd(16)
Old 03-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #35
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Aww that was so precious!!! I had tears in my eyes. What adorable kids you have! You could see they were really shocked and appreciative as well. What a great moment!
Old 03-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #36
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Absolutely loved your video and your kids are just gorgeous. Between thank-yous, tears and smiles you must have been so proud of them (and yourselves for pulling it off)
Old 03-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #37
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I am just loving that video

I can't believe you guys were as awake as you were since you were up that early in the morning during our DisMeet.

Waiting for more.
Awww...thanks! Yeah we were pretty tired at the Dismeet. Oldest DD kept asking "can we go back to the room now?" I thanked them profusely for coming with me. They are a pretty great group of kids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
OMG!!! That video was amazing! I called the girls in here to watch it with me, and I told them... Can you believe we met them that night??? LOL My girls and I thought it was the sweetest video ever. We loved Jillian's tears of happiness... And your little guy, so exctied to go on his first airplane ride... Soooo sweet! What an awesome video!!!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us - it's such a special thing - and I love how you all revealed it and pulled it off! Spectacular!

D~
Thanks, D~! We will always cherish that memory, and I am so glad we got it on video. Of course we will NEVER be able to surprise them again, Jillan will be on to us in no time flat. Now we can let the kids help us plan. Besides, I HATED having to keep my big mouth shut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
AWESOME REVEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was so great

Can't wait to hear about the rest now
Stay tuned...I will post another update early next week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Aww that was so precious!!! I had tears in my eyes. What adorable kids you have! You could see they were really shocked and appreciative as well. What a great moment!
Thanks Lia! I am trying to raise the next generation of Disers, here. I am so blessed that now my husband has gained a wonderful appreciation for WDW. He has promised an annual trip now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Absolutely loved your video and your kids are just gorgeous. Between thank-yous, tears and smiles you must have been so proud of them (and yourselves for pulling it off)
We have done our best to teach our children to appreciate things in this crazy selfish world we live in. They did make me proud!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #38
cogero
DIS Veteran

I totally love your reveal video. Your kids are so cute.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
Old 03-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #39
mblc14
Mouseketeer

Just a quick drop into say hello and to tell you a great start to the TR. it's going to be hard to keep up with all of you guys...hope I haven't missed anyone yet.

Can't wait to read more!!

DisDads Member #542
2007 Pop Century Christmas
2012 Bay Lake Tower Spring Break
March 2012 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post44424786
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872355 March 2012 PTR
Dec. 2014 PTR (in progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3257258
Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #40
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I loved the video. It brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to follow along and see how the trip went.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #41
MagicDan
Welcome to Walt Disney World, where dreams come true!

I'm joining in! That surprise was great! Can't wait for more updates!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #42
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I totally love your reveal video. Your kids are so cute.
Awww thanks! I am kind of fond of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblc14 View Post
Just a quick drop into say hello and to tell you a great start to the TR. it's going to be hard to keep up with all of you guys...hope I haven't missed anyone yet.

Can't wait to read more!!
Thanks so much for tagging along! I hope this report will bring you HOURS and HOURS of excitement and adventure....okay, maybe just a few minutes of mindless entertainment will have to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I loved the video. It brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to follow along and see how the trip went.
Thank you so much. It was such a special moment. We still talk about it. It made DH and I feel so good to be able to do this for our children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicDan View Post
I'm joining in! That surprise was great! Can't wait for more updates!
to the fun! Another update? Coming right Up!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #43
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

DAY 1, MARCH 8TH 2012...CONTINUED

Today's adventure picks up where we left off....after we revealed the BIG SURPRISE! The kids ran in the house to gather last minute toiletry items, then we were off to the Park and Fly. We arrived in good time, and the shuttle was waiting. There were three other couples in the shuttle and our kids proceeded to tell them all about the surprise and our trip to Disney. It was a great ride to the airport, our fellow shuttle riders were very kind and gracious to the kids in all their excitement.

The airport on this particular morning was quite empty. I guess on Thursday mornings at 6am, the airport is really not "the place to be". This was great news for us since we were able to get our bags checked and get through security in about 15 minutes! This left a good amount of time to get some breakfast.

Let me just digress here a little and go on a small rant. The Nashville airport's fast food restaurant of choice is Burger King. I am NOT a fan of Burger King at all. I have, however, been able to get a sausage mcmuffin sandwich at our local BK a time or two and it is not bad. I was fully prepared to have this for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee. The kids and I stood in line at BK to order breakfast while DH went across the hall to Starbucks to grab a cup of "breakfast dessert in a cup" (a vente mocha with whipped cream). I got up to the counter and let the kids place their orders. I then proceeded to tell the lovely cashier that I would like a sausage mcmuffin sandwich and a small coffee, please and thank you.

"We don't have mcmuffin sandwiches."

"What?!? But I get them at the Burger King at home."

"We don't have mcmuffin sandwiches."

"Well, okay, I guess I will just have a sausage biscuit."

So, we got our food and found a table...

This is the kids right before we chowed down...notice there is no Brian in the picture? He is STILL waiting in line at Starbucks for that beautiful "breakfast dessert in a cup".

Here is my breakfast...

I ate just the sausage, because I don't like their biscuits.

It was right about the time that I took my first bite that we had our first spill...yes, I did say our FIRST. This means there are more to come. We got the spill cleaned up and I took a drink of my coffee...YUCK! Good thing DH was just coming to the table with his "breakfast dessert in a cup." I found a water fountain, poured out the offending brew and filled my small cup with the good stuff from his big cup.

After we finished breakfast, we all headed to our gate to wait. Our flight was running on time. We got to board in short time, and we took a couple of photos in the plane.

Our flight went smoothly...until Jillian spilled her ENTIRE cup of airplane Dr. Pepper on herself. Those airplane napkins are just not big enough for those kinds of spills! Our lovely flight attendant brought some larger napkins quickly and Jillian basically had to sit on a stack to get her "nether regions" to dry before landing.

We had a short landing in Ft. Lauderdale where some passengers got off and others got on. In this transition we were able to get seats in the very front of the plane...quicker to get off at MCO! The kids wanted to switch up seating arrangements and I ended up with Gabriel this time. Keep in mind that this flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando is extremely short...but they STILL served drinks again...guess where this is headed...Yep, Gabe spilled his drink on himself and the breifcase of the nice businessman next to him... Have you kept count? That is THREE spills in just about THREE hours. We are a VERY talented family!

The rest was smooth sailing. We landed at MCO, got down to the Magical Express counter and were soon on our way to our happy place...on a Disney Cruise Line bus!

Stay tuned...in our next installment we will discover where the SQUIRREL portion of the TR title came from!

** Corri, Liddy and D~ are NOT allowed to divulge!!!

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 10-17-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #44
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Your reveal video is great. That should be sent to Disney. Your little boy saying thank you and your dd crying had me in tears.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 03-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #45
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Okay, since she didn't say where the SQUIRREL portion came from, I'll go ahead and spill the beans.

You see ... well ... okay, here's the deal.

No, I'm really not that mean.

It sounds like your arrival day was similar to ours. Granted, we only had two spills, but we only have two kids.

Honestly, since BK switched their coffee a few years ago, I haven't been able to tolerate it. I tried it once after the switch ... asked them if it was burnt or something (or spoiled ) and a manager tried it and said it was spot on. YUCK! Never again!

And I can't believe they didn't have english muffins! Lame! I'm not a fan of their biscuits either. Do they deep fry them? Because they are crispy and GREASY. YUCK!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: