Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #766
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldDuckFamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Based on what others have said it's best not to use online check-in because when doing that it wipes out any requests you have.

As for how likely getting a request is I say it's 50/50 because either you will get it or you won't get them.
Thanks, I won't do the online check in.
__________________
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #767
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldDuckFamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Many of the rooms close to the lobby are facing the driveway. I would request courtyard view first, then close to lobby. I only stayed on the Inn side once and we were right above the walkway to the bus stop. People were walking by all night. Luckily it was just one night before we moved to the villas.
Thanks DebbieB.... I just called and modfied my request for courtyard view. Guess I'd rather the opportunity of having a great view and a longer walk then looking at the parking lot.
__________________
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #768
jujube
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,575

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
*
Hey Kook! Been gone for a while! Remember me BRUNETTE!? I posted all those pictures of our KING Bedroom right on the bay. Remember to talk to Anita and a few others at the CL! They are fantastic. Ask them if they remember me (Michele aka Brunette)! LOL! Tell them I was the one that was talking about the other posters on the DIS i.e. CRRESORTFAN was one and Nascargirl and some cast member that did post hear, forgot her name. The CL will know all the people on the DIS! LOL!

BTW you can use any or all my pictures if you need them. I'm so excited you will be there soon! You will love this grand place I guarantee it!

One last question, WHERE DID YOU GET THE MICKEY MOUSE SUITCASE!!!!??? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun!
Brunette
We love Anita!!!
jujube is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #769
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Congrats! I just closed on my BWV contract. I hope the whole process speeds by for you.
Thanks and congrats to you as well. I was surprised it went thru ROFR, but am certainly glad it did.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #770
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
Thanks, I won't do the online check in.
You're welcome.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #771
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube View Post
We love Anita!!!
She is a great person to talk with.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #772
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube View Post
We love Anita!!!
*
Hi! They are all so nice there. We were there back in February and they know quite a few DISers (thanks to me!) LOL!

The resort is great isn't it! Love it!
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #773
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We're all among friends here, so I can confide in you that yes, I have been known to make some resort tweakings. But, every time I book I think, "This is just perfect," but then, well, you know what happens...

I already warned DH that I'd be tweaking our August trip after we try BWI - he wasn't surprised, but the WDTC CM might be when I tell him/her I'm calling from WL
OK...first I LOVE the LUGGAGE

I doubt you'll shock the WDTC...just sayin...we are all part of that special "file" remember I am so happy for you!!!! Is DD excited yet???? (even though she might be trying to hide it ) We know DH is ready for the WL cobbler

donaldduckfamilyYou'll be there with kook
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #774
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)
 
Jessica527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 2,173

I know this has probably been asked, but do all Boardwalk rooms have balconies?
__________________
Disney Dreams to Date :
2014: Pop Century - Stahl Family Trip
2012: Boardwalk Honeymoon

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Jessica527 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #775
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Based on what others have said it's best not to use online check-in because when doing that it wipes out any requests you have.

As for how likely getting a request is I say it's 50/50 because either you will get it or you won't get them.
Yesterday, I was so excited about the trip that I decided to do online check-in for the first time. I've never done it before because there's really no point when staying CL, but I was curious.

For BWI, the online check-in room preference choices were fixed and you could request only the following:

~BoardWalk View
~Close to lobby
~Pack 'n Play (I think)

I had already put in my reservation a request for no connecting door and a BWV. After reading your post that online check-in wipes out your requests, I emailed the BWI IPO and asked them about this. Terri emailed and said that all of my requests were still in my reservation and had not been overwritten due to online check-in. She also confirmed that while it's true that when staying CL it's not necessary to do online check-in, there are times when the CL CMs are busy and can't process all the guests at the same time. Then the guest has the option of waiting to check-in CL or they can use the online check-in line. This would be useful if the guest wanted their park tix right away, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
*
Hey Kook! Been gone for a while! Remember me BRUNETTE!? I posted all those pictures of our KING Bedroom right on the bay. Remember to talk to Anita and a few others at the CL! They are fantastic. Ask them if they remember me (Michele aka Brunette)! LOL! Tell them I was the one that was talking about the other posters on the DIS i.e. CRRESORTFAN was one and Nascargirl and some cast member that did post hear, forgot her name. The CL will know all the people on the DIS! LOL!

BTW you can use any or all my pictures if you need them. I'm so excited you will be there soon! You will love this grand place I guarantee it!

One last question, WHERE DID YOU GET THE MICKEY MOUSE SUITCASE!!!!??? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun!
Brunette
Thank you for the reminder about your BWV King photos in your thread. I just posted a link to them at the end of post #2 on the first page

I will definitely tell all those great CMs that I "know" you. I'm going to have to make sure I write down some "real" names since I'm sure they don't know your screen names

I got all the luggage (at different times) through the Disney Store online. On sale, of course. See review below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
Thanks, I won't do the online check in.
It's OK if you do, especially since you're not staying CL. But, there's no reason to do it if you don't mind possibly waiting a little longer in the "regular" line. I hope we have great weather for our trip! We're there the exact same dates, only we move to WL after 4 nights at BWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
OK...first I LOVE the LUGGAGE

I doubt you'll shock the WDTC...just sayin...we are all part of that special "file" remember I am so happy for you!!!! Is DD excited yet???? (even though she might be trying to hide it ) We know DH is ready for the WL cobbler

donaldduckfamilyYou'll be there with kook
YES! DH's cobbler is waiting for him. I'm glad you love the luggage. The plastic ones are new and I have to say, they have a peculiar "plastic" odor. I've tried airing them out, Febreze and Lysol, but they're still a little "vinyly." But, they look cute and I do all the packing so if I can ignore it, DD and DH won't even care

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-23-2012 at 12:32 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #776
sfbank
DIS Veteran
 
sfbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New London, Iowa
Posts: 999

Kook-that is sweet! I hadn't paid attention that you would be down the same time. We will have to say "hi" Yes, I have all my ADRs made. You don't know me too well yet. I am already planning meals and days for next May/June Always planning the next trip! Have you got yours yet?
__________________

sfbank is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #777
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
YES! DH's cobbler is waiting for him. I'm glad you love the luggage. The plastic ones are new and I have to say, they have a peculiar "plastic" odor. I've tried airing them out, Febreze and Lysol, but they're still a little "vinyly." But, they look cute and I do all the packing so if I can ignore it, DD and DH won't even care
Try some dryer sheets Ugh....I feel the need to Disney shop all of a sudden
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #778
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Kook-that is sweet! I hadn't paid attention that you would be down the same time. We will have to say "hi" Yes, I have all my ADRs made. You don't know me too well yet. I am already planning meals and days for next May/June Always planning the next trip! Have you got yours yet?
I may not know you well, but if you're planning ADRs for 2013, then I'm probably your long lost sister. I always say, you can never plan a WDW vacation too far ahead or too often





Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Try some dryer sheets Ugh....I feel the need to Disney shop all of a sudden
Maybe if I strap them to the top of the car they'll pick up an odor along 95 that'll cover-up the Chinese plastic odor

Speaking of the Disney Store, I sure do miss buying Hawaiian shirts for DH. He has many, but they're probably considered vintage by now. They offer maybe one a year now - not like the ol' days of oodles of them being at the Disney Outlet for a song
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #779
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post
I know this has probably been asked, but do all Boardwalk rooms have balconies?
On the first page under Room Reviews, there is a comment from a CM who said that all the rooms at BWI have balconies or patios EXCEPT for maybe 4. So the odds are very low that you would not have one. If for some reason you don't get one, and you want one, just ask at check-in and even if your room isn't ready, they can tell you if you have one and probably change you if they aren't at 100% capacity for your room type.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #780
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yesterday, I was so excited about the trip that I decided to do online check-in for the first time. I've never done it before because there's really no point when staying CL, but I was curious.

For BWI, the online check-in room preference choices were fixed and you could request only the following:

~BoardWalk View
~Close to lobby
~Pack 'n Play (I think)

I had already put in my reservation a request for no connecting door and a BWV. After reading your post that online check-in wipes out your requests, I emailed the BWI IPO and asked them about this. Terri emailed and said that all of my requests were still in my reservation and had not been overwritten due to online check-in. She also confirmed that while it's true that when staying CL it's not necessary to do online check-in, there are times when the CL CMs are busy and can't process all the guests at the same time. Then the guest has the option of waiting to check-in CL or they can use the online check-in line. This would be useful if the guest wanted their park tix right away, for example.
Good luck with your room requests and I hope they come through.

Also another reason for Club Level guests not to use online check-in is that you will be given the Blue KTTW cards and not the Gold ones, although those could be changed once your up in the lounge.

The last time we stayed Club Level at the Contemporary before going up to their lounge so we could check-in the Cast Member brining us up got our folder from the Contemporary online check-in desk, however we never did the online check-in. To this day I assume someone at the Contemporary must have done that. Anyway the point is we got the Blue KTTW cards and switched them for the Gold ones once we got up there.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: