Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #31
JLR
DIS Veteran

Our experience:

The restaurant which offered breakfast was closed for refurbishment when we were there and no other option was provided. So we were not able to get breakfast until 10 am.

Please be aware of time spent on line even to get just a bottle of water. You have to stand on line with the people ordering their food and then again at the register even though you only had to show your bracelet once you got to the register. It was really long between 11:30 and 3:30! I would rather have paid a but more and saved the time.

Although we did ultimately get our money's worth (and the fruit was awesome!) - I would never do it again because it was a hassle to get our drinks when we wanted them. Only a few dining establishments honored the plan when we were there so you had to trek to those restaurants.
JLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #32
happymommy
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone for your advice! I'm also thinking about this for our coming trip (just me and the kids). My son will be 14 and eats a LOT on vacation, so it would be worth it for him. For my DD and me, I'm not sure. We typically share a lot on vacation, but to keep it simple I may get it for all 3 of us. I like the idea of being able to stop for fruit and drinks - that could add up. Plus just having it paid for ahead of time, so they can get in line for food without needing to pester me for cash!

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #33
Emma1987
DIS Veteran

How does it work these days?

Is the Underwater Grill included?
Disneyworld, Florida Xmas 2004

Disneyland, Paris August 2007
Disneyworld, Florida June 2012 !
Emma1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #34
BoardWalkBelle
DIS Veteran

I wish they included the outdoor vending locations for the drinks, much easier to pop by one of those for a bottle of water or cup of soda.
BoardWalkBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #35
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

We love the dining plan at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens, and get it nearly every time we go. I would agree that the quality is higher on some things than others, but over all would say that the food quality and Seaworld/Busch is MUCH better than QS at Disney/Universal as a whole. Plus MOST of the restaurants participate, and with nearly every option on their menus, which is nice. We typically do eat the breakfast there, though not always. But always we eat lunch and supper, and stop for "snacks", usually either a dessert or fruit/veggies, and a drink in between meals. We have found that even my picky and bird-like eater is worth the cost of the wrist band.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #36
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma1987 View Post
How does it work these days?

Is the Underwater Grill included?
No Sharks Grill is not included. You can see the participating restaurants on the Seaworld website, but basically it includes most of the counter service places, including the pizza buffet. You also might see a ticket deal that includes the meal deal or one free meal, the free meal one doesn't include Sharks Grill either, regardless of what they tell you on the phone (grrrrrr) lol

We have done the meal deal twice and believe its well worth the money. We will usually have breakfast, lunch and dinner in the park when we buy the meal deal, plus all the times we stop in for just a cold drink or a snack.

Busch gardens offers the deal also.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #37
edamethyst
can't wait for our next visit to Harry Potter World

We did the food plan and it worked great for us. We're going again in August and it'll be worth it just for the drinks!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #38
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphina View Post
what kind of food do you get for this deal? is it just brugers or can you also get pizza, salads or something like chicken nuggets?

It's a pretty good variety of food to chose from and it's pretty tasty! Good Deal
Old 04-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #39
LetsDoDisney!
Mouseketeer

We have the dining plan for our SW day later this month and I can't wait to try it out! We've always stayed offsite so we've never done a dining plan so I'm excited to try it out!

LetsDoDisney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #40
dclfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaytezIOA View Post
The deal is amazing. Where other plans at other parks make you buy drinks seperately, this plan is worth its price in just the drinks. I do not recommend sharing a band, but if you insist on it, it breaks the cost down considerably as well. If the park is open later in the day, say til 10, the price goes down after 5. You can get a dessert instead of a side item every time, or just a dessert. Doesn't matter. The food is different at each restaurant from pizza to ribs to burgers and fries...whatever, they have it.
I don't recommend sharing a band either, even if you just want to share with your kids. It is against the rules and there is alot of verbiage on the website that your band WILL be REVOKED if you are caught sharing. Let's face it, we all like to save money but the price for this deal with either go up or be discontinued if enough people feel that it's okay for them to cheat. That's what sharing is....cheating and scamming. Flame away.

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #41
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Another satisfied customer who appreciated the dining plan at Seaworld. Good assortment of food. Also if you have an annual pass, you can get a few dollars off the regular price.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #42
tink18
Mouseketeer

My family are looking at buying the meal deal, we love eating at the spice mill for lunch and will obvs stay for dinner if we buy the plan, what are the breakfast options and what food is available?
tink18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #43
bowtie7
Earning My Ears

Breakfast is at Voyager's and included several breakfast platter choices with a huge roll (as the dessert) and a juice (or soda or such)--lot's of food.
bowtie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #44
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

Regarding the above long post, you can buy the pass any restaurant where it's accepted.

Don't be fooled in to thinking that you'll just get the pizza and pasta buffet instead to save money -- you'll save money but the quality is poor. The pizza and pasta buffet is included in the all day dining, that's how I know about this place.

The pizza that's served individually at the waterfront is better.

The lines for the restaurants that have the dining plan are LONG. However, once you have the food you want, you will be waived through by the cashier -- just show your wristband.

Besides the strawberries, the desserts look better than they taste. Even the whipped cream for the strawberries is weird tasting because it's not real.

I wouldn't get the plan on days when the park closes early especially if I was paying full price for or not eating the breakfast or at least getting coffee.

You'll find that you can get a lot of food but like the PP said, you won't want to eat it.

My suggestion -- eat a good breakfast (maybe a late breakfast), bring some snacks and beverages in to the park, and go for a decent dinner at 6:00 p.m. when the park closes. I see plenty of people eating sack lunches in the park.

There are plenty of choices on International Drive next to Sea World.

http://www.internationaldriveorlando...oDo/dining.asp

Make a reservation if it's available at the restaurant that you pick.

Sorry to be a downer about the all day dining plan but I've tried it because it's discounted for AP holders, I wasn't concerned about wasting time in line or sit down meals because I'm local, I got to the park early enough to get the breakfast, and I got the bottled water all day.
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #45
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Anyone do the all-day dining at Aquatica? What places are included?

As part of our package we have one day at SW and one day at Aquaitca - both with all-day dining.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: