Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #1441
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Some people have cut them in half and been able to use the 'one' tag for two bags. But, it's not worth taking a chance on. The tags need to be free to move about, rather than stuck in one place.
You can call DME and have them send you more if you need them. They used to send out two pp, but when the airlines starting charging for checked bags, people stopped checking more than one bag. So, DME decided to save money, and materials, and send out only one tag pp. They are happy to send out more if needed. Just call them and ask.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #1442
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Some people have cut them in half and been able to use the 'one' tag for two bags. But, it's not worth taking a chance on. The tags need to be free to move about, rather than stuck in one place.
You can call DME and have them send you more if you need them. They used to send out two pp, but when the airlines starting charging for checked bags, people stopped checking more than one bag. So, DME decided to save money, and materials, and send out only one tag pp. They are happy to send out more if needed. Just call them and ask.
I just wanted to add that, if there isn't time to get another ME tag, you can take your baggage claim ticket to the ME folks and give them a description of that bag. They will retrieve it with your other bags. I have NOT done this myself, but others have reported that working fine. With the poster leaving in 5 days, they might not get another tag in the mail before they leave.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #1443
Aquagirl
Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow you don't stop.

I'm sorry if this question has previously answered in this thread, but there are a lot of posts to go through.

Today I received my magical express vouchers and they say no airline information given. I gave them my information. Is this going to be a problem and do I need to call Magical Express? Thanks!
Aquagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #1444
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquagirl View Post
I'm sorry if this question has previously answered in this thread, but there are a lot of posts to go through.

Today I received my magical express vouchers and they say no airline information given. I gave them my information. Is this going to be a problem and do I need to call Magical Express? Thanks!
You're good to go. DME doesn't need any specific airline arrival info...they don't really care about the time you arrive.
It is only for your return to MCO that DME needs specific info....then they can give you the appropriate pickup time. If that isn't listed on your paperwork (vouchers in the back of the booklet), you can give them the info when you get to MCO and checkin with DME. Or, at the resort front desk.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #1445
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

Just want to say thank you for answering my questions!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #1446
Lynn CC
DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISer that realizes that there may be MORE than one TF!
If she can't be on a boat, wants to be at Disney World!

I don't see Virgin America listed, do we pick up our luggage and bring them on ME with us? You would think Virgin America would be a participating airline with the price I paid for the flights going cross country.
Lynn CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #1447
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn CC View Post
I don't see Virgin America listed, do we pick up our luggage and bring them on ME with us? You would think Virgin America would be a participating airline with the price I paid for the flights going cross country.
Hi Lynn,

There is another thread that discusses what "participating airline" really means. You can find it here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=944813

It really has nothing to do with arrivals into MCO. If you put your yellow luggage tags on your bags and have them checked through to MCO, DME will pick up the bags for you and deliver them to your resort room. It's on your way back to the airport after your vacation that the matters with respect to participating airlines. You'll certainly get transportation, but you might not be able to check your bags early at the resort.

P.S. The price of your flight has nothing to do with DME. DME is complimentary service by Disney whether you fly first class on an expensive flight or are coming in on one of the discount airlines.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #1448
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
You can arrive in MCO via flying yak....as long as your checked bags are tagged, with the yellow DME tags, and the bags are taken off a plane, DME CMs will get your bags and transport them to your resort. Any, and every, airline is included in this perk.

It is only when flying back home that your airline makes a difference. You must be on a participating airline in order to use the RAC (remote airline checkin) system at the resort. And only certain airlines have joined that system...it is a computer issue. You have to think of RAC as curbside checkin, but the 'curb' is waaaay away from MCO. You check your bags, get your boarding passes issued..just has to be done no less than 3 hrs prior to flight departure time. And, it is available to anyone staying at that resort, flying out on a participating airline. You don't even have to take the DME bus..you can drive your rental car, you can take a cab or a car service...doesn't matter.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #1449
Lynn CC
DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISer that realizes that there may be MORE than one TF!

thanks for the info!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #1450
Lynn CC

How long does it take

to receive the luggage tags? They live in California and they said they didn't receive anything yet. I see their flight info and it says ground transportation included on the reservation.

thanks again!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #1451
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
to receive the luggage tags? They live in California and they said they didn't receive anything yet. I see their flight info and it says ground transportation included on the reservation.

thanks again!
DME packet, with vouchers and luggage tags, usually arrives 3-4 weeks prior to departure. If you get to the 2 week mark, and haven't received anything, it's best to call DME directly. They can reprint and reship your packet if need be.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #1452
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DME packet, with vouchers and luggage tags, usually arrives 3-4 weeks prior to departure. If you get to the 2 week mark, and haven't received anything, it's best to call DME directly. They can reprint and reship your packet if need be.
I am going to WDW in 13 days and received my travel documents/luggage tags yesterday (at the 2-week mark).
Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #1453
Dan1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You can arrive in MCO via flying yak....as long as your checked bags are tagged, with the yellow DME tags, and the bags are taken off a plane, DME CMs will get your bags and transport them to your resort. Any, and every, airline is included in this perk.

It is only when flying back home that your airline makes a difference. You must be on a participating airline in order to use the RAC (remote airline checkin) system at the resort. And only certain airlines have joined that system...it is a computer issue. You have to think of RAC as curbside checkin, but the 'curb' is waaaay away from MCO. You check your bags, get your boarding passes issued..just has to be done no less than 3 hrs prior to flight departure time. And, it is available to anyone staying at that resort, flying out on a participating airline. You don't even have to take the DME bus..you can drive your rental car, you can take a cab or a car service...doesn't matter.
Flying Yak......now that's funny DD and I are scheduled to arrive in 6 weeks......no tags yet but I know it is early. Yet, I am a planner so I still want them now.

Dan
Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #1454
Lynn CC

They got their tags and will be there in 5 days!
Thanks for the info everyone
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #1455
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Resort Change and DME Tags

I hope this isn't a repeat - I tried searching the thread but came up empty.

On Monday we called to change our resort from BC to GF.

Today we rec'd our "Mickey Mail" packet and I see that the yellow DME tags and vouchers are now included in the same mailing with the hotel info, souvenier luggage tags and the coupons for Planet Hollywood, etc. Everything in the packet still references BC, including the DME tags.

Has anyone had any experience changing resort after your tags have been sent out? Did they send you new tags?

The CM mentioned that she was requesting a new packet to be sent but that we could use the DME tags from the BC so I'm not sure if that means the new packet won't include new DME. I'd prefer to have ones that have the correct resort on it but I'm not sure if they automatically send them or if I could call DME directly and request them.

Any advice as to the best way to proceed?

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: