Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #16
kaligal
DIS Veteran

You can see all the parks in that time, but you can't do much in any of them. Decide on a few rides the you want to do in each. Especially when you cram two parks into one day, you have to be very selective.

Me, personally, I would not take a whole day off. I'd take two mornings (especially after staying out late) or afternoons off instead. You can spend an entire day not going to a theme park at home. Why pay for a hotel to do that? I know people do it...just not my thing.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
LovesHauntedMansion
DIS Veteran

Not enough!

IMHO there's not enough Disney! On Monday after BOMA I don't think you'll get to MK until 12:00 - 12:30. MK is easily a 2-day park. On Wednesday what are you doing in the morning? You'll miss a lot at HS by getting there too late.

On a positive note, I think your schedule will allow you to get a great "taste" of the Orlando area by doing a little of everything (Universal, Seaworld, WDW). It will allow you to see what you really like, and the next time you visit you can eliminate what you didn't like and add more time to what you do like.

Have fun!
6/82, 8/84, & 7/87 - Days Inn
6/89, 11/92, & 6/96 - Comfort Inn - LBV
6/97 & 11/00 - Silver Lake Resort
3/03 - All Star Music
6/04 - Silver Lake Resort
2/08 - POFQ
6/09 - Pop Century (50's)
7/11 - POFQ & Disney Dream cruise
4/12 - Pop Century (80's)
10/13 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid)
LovesHauntedMansion is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
scrapper2k
Mouseketeer

Sounds very reasonable for two adults. Go for it. We've done the four Disney parks and both Universals in five nights and saw everything we wanted to (some multiple times).
Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #19
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

We usually spend 4 days at the Disney parks if we go to all four parks (usually don't) and two at Universal minimum. One day should be enough at Seaworld.

However don't expect to see everything at Universal or Seaworld. You'll see a lot but not all of it. Also you'll likely see most of what you want at WDW if you arrive at rope drop. I'd rethink arriving at DHS that late.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #20
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

I guess i'm in the minority when i say it probably is too much. But that of course depends on what your expecting from this trip. As some people previously posted, this current plan will give you a great snapshot of all the parks.

However only a snapshot. I believe you won't be able to actually do very many attractions at the parks. Especially since you don't plan on arriving at rope drop and also plan on doing sit down meals. The universal parks and holywood studios in particular you will be missing out on alot.

In order to see more i'd recomend getting the front of the line passes at the universl parks. They can be costly, but they will save you a ton of time and will allow you to not worry about getting to the park right at opening.

So again. If your intention is to just get a taste of the parks this is a great idea. Just make sure you set your expecations low. Don't expect to frequent all or even most of the rides. You can definately still have a fantastic time. Just pick a few choice rides that you really want to do and treat anything else you have time for as gravy.

Heck maybe your not even that into rides. Disney (and i find Universal as well) can be fun just walking around in. The atmosphere and theming can be phenomenal. You can just sleep in, show up late, skip many of the rides and just do the shows instead. Just thinking about having a leisurly trip without the stress of hitting all the rides is making me think I need to do that next time...but i got the comando bug so that wont be happening .
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohana, planning, schedule, seaworld, universal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: